IBM Systems Administrator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 28, 2017

2.7

27 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Columbia, MO) in February 2017.

Interview

A recruiter will contact you then set up an interview. The interviewing process was real quick and easy for me. But for some people itll be harder. Just be yourself and promote your qualifications.

Interview Questions

• What are your goals for working for IBM   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Systems Administrator Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Started with a phone screening then one day of about 6 interviews with members of the team.

Negotiation

There wasn't much of a negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dubuque, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Dubuque, IA) in June 2013.

Interview

I applied online, at IBM.com. I received an automated email telling me that i was being considered for the position. three weeks later I was called and had a brief phone conversation about general skills and availability. I was thanked and told that they would get back to me. two weeks after that i received another phone call inviting me to dubuque for a personal interview. this went well, however i never heard back from anyone. I called, left voicemail, and email, but never heard back. I finally gave up waiting.

Interview Questions

• The 5 levels of schema, their uses and the 7 layers of the OSI model and their uses... things you very seldom put into verbage.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Columbia, MO) in June 2013.

Interview

Long process. Several interviews. had to go through a third party filter site to even get an interview. Once accepted I was called in for an onsite interview. They did hiring in waves so I had to wait for the next wave to be given a job offer. Eventually they offered and I accepted. Started the job within a week after acceptance.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions related to technical ability. Such as knowing what IP addresses are, various windows services.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dubuque, IA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Dubuque, IA) in March 2009.

Interview

Teams. IBM likes communication and ideas. Teams. Because of the large diversity of those employed by IBM those interested in a position should keep an open mind, be optimistic and welcome a strength of thoughts, processes and habits influenced a great deal through a team environment. Teams. Work together, think together, communicate together. Teams. Get the point ?

Interview Questions

• Lean Methodologies. Give an example of how which you may use Lean Methodologies on a day to day basis.   1 Answer

Systems Administration Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at IBM (Austin, TX) in August 2008.

Interview

I received a call from an IBM recruiter to see if I was still interested in the position and able to interview. He said the hiring manager would call for an initial interview. When the manager called, it was very informal with no technical or job skills related questions aside from where I had worked in the past. He had me contact the outgoing system administrator to setup an interview the next interview. The second interview consisted of a facility tour and showing me my office -no interview questions. That person was under the impression that I had already accepted the position.

Interview Questions

• Did I know certain people or anyone working in state government?   1 Answer

The outgoing administrator expressed a high degree of frustration not being allowed to fix potential problems, just to respond to problems as they happened. On call 7X24 with a usual 55 hour work week.

Anonymous Employee in East Fishkill, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at IBM (East Fishkill, NY) in February 2008.

Interview

I received an email from one of the area recruiting agencies (CDI Corporation) who had received my resume from a search of careerbuilder.com. After sending them a current resume (Word format), they replied three days later asking if I would attend a face -to-face interview. After doing the interview, I was offered the position five days later.

Interview Questions

• No real surprises from the hiring director...no uncommon or unexpected questions. Very routine interview   Answer Question

Negotiation

The recruiter was the first to make an offer of $32/hr. As I was currently only making $21/hr, I did not attempt to negotiate for a higher rate.

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Bengaluru (India)) in April 2015.

Interview

Got mail from HR for Interview schedule, 2 technical round, 1 manager round, 1 HR round. ...this all process took approx 25-30 days. IBM is giving good offer as compare to other companies..

Interview Questions

• just technical question, its depends on your resume..   1 Answer

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM (Hyderabad (India)) in December 2014.

Interview

I was working under artech infosys pvt ltd as a solaris system administrator from Jan-13 to till date.

Hyderabad, Hire people will short listed your resume and provide the interview schedule date ,once got selected from hire,then you will be permanent employ for this hire company

Systems Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Application submitted by email. Process took 1 month. If you know your topic, it's easy to be hire. The main problem is the communications with the HR. You always wait after them. They informed me 1 weeks before I start. ( it was for a position in a different country).

Interview Questions

• IBM HR have communication problems. They informed me 1 weeks before I start. ( it was for a position in a different country).   Answer Question