IBM Systems Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IBM Systems Analyst Interview Questions

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, VT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Burlington, VT) in July 2012.

Interview

Very good.. Easy was asked to present propl were good and treated me laugh or a professional .. Had to go personally and present my research areas and then had one on on e

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Austin, TX) in September 2010.

Interview

As an IBM employee about to be laid off due to project contract termination, I applied for another IBM position. Since I still had an IBM manager, the application was sent to him. Although the position was outside my manager's team, he attempted to interview me for the position. At the end of the interview, he felt that I had not had time on the systems in question, and could therefore not recommend me for what would seem to be a transfer. This seemed odd, since admins on systems of the type in question had been calling me to help them with their problems. It became evident to me that I had surpassed the level of income allowed for my position, and for the position I was applying for. I was making too much money.

Interview Questions

• If you are selected for this position, are you willing to make the mandatory move to a combined team workplace in another state, without company assistance?   1 Answer

Systems Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM in February 2009.

Interview

initial communication, then they asked regarding my experiance, I questioned them about the job, project, their systems, hardware and software, number of users etc. Then they asked me about my experiance, the projects handled, the companies I have worked for and the tools I have used. They also asked how big was the team size, goals of the company and how big the project was.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Armonk, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Armonk, NY) in December 2008.

Interview

The interview process at IBM is laborious. I have never had to complete so many interviews when applying to a company.

Interview Questions

• What isn't on your resume?   1 Answer

IBM requires that new employees remain in or around Armonk for up to 2 years. I am looking to work in a different geography.

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Hyderabad (India)) in March 2016.

Interview

Shortlisted from Naukri. Got interview invite. I appeared at 10 AM as per the email. They don't allow any bags with you. I had carried my empty laptop bag, I had to keep it outside the gate worrying about it. Walkins were conducted for multiple positions. At reception, they asked us to to go corresponding floor as per applying technology. They took the resume and asked me to go to another floor to give the online test. The test is full of spelling mistakes and incorrect questions. Few questions are like a lame man framed them.

Then they asked us to wait for the technical interview. The interviewer came an hour after waiting. He took interviews up to 1 PM. They asked us to go to lunch and come back. Post lunch, I waited till 3 PM for my turn. then the interview happened finally. Simple questions. He selected me.

Group manager round.. Again waited for hour. He took the interview after an hour and he was ok with me. He asked about the expected salary and date of joining. Later I was asked to give my biometrics and comm skill test. Again waited for 1 hour.

Very frustrating process overall.

Even after completing all of the processes, they didn't send offer letter.Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Asked me about how I can know the storage connector ID for a storage   Answer Question

Systems Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

2 rounds of interview. First round is technical and second is PDM. PDM round is combination HR and domain knowledge.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

If you have good technical first negotiate band and then salary.

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Bengaluru (India)) in February 2012.

Interview

The position was for the role of a C++ developer.
    There was a one on one interview with 2 members of the IBM team.Question were asked from Data structures and Pl/sql.It was surprising that only one question was asked on c++ when the role clearly stated
    "C++ developer".On asking the reason on why the emphasis was not on C++-the answer was that they were trying to cover entire open systems programming background..
    That is when I left.

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Mumbai (India)) in April 2011.

Interview

The interview consisted of 3 rounds. 2 Telephonic and one face to face HR round . Telephonice Technical interviews went for around 45 minutes. For the HR round , the HR as it seems was busy when I was called in for the interview. So I had a telephonic interview with a senior Manager or something who was trying to negotiate on the salary . And we couldn't agree.

Systems Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IBM in March 2011.

Interview

2 phone interviews, 1 face to face. simple questions about the role and what have you worked on. phone interview with a person from HR and face to face with current team leader.

Interview Questions

• what would you do if you have a server and need to rebuild it from scratch? what is raid ?   Answer Question

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Bengaluru (India)) in September 2010.

Interview

I was asked questions on my previous experience .A bit of technical and domain knowledge,.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Don't believe false promises. At the time of offer letter only negotiate.