IBM Systems Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IBM Systems Engineer Interview Questions

Updated May 17, 2017

2.9

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

The interview was like quite easy. It consist of three rounds :

1. Technical Round basic questions
2. another technical round with scenarioa based questions
3. HR round, negotiation for salary and discussion of the role and the project

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM (Portland, OR) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied online via the IBM website and was contacted by HR. They contacted me to make sure I was able to work in the location specified. Next, I was contacted by the hiring manager for a more formal interview.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my experience with Linux and Solaris administration.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at IBM (Tallahassee, FL) in January 2015.

Interview

A screening interview is a type of job interview that is conducted to determine if the applicant has the qualifications needed to do the job for which the company is hiring. A screening interview is typically the first interview in the hiring process.

A screening interview can be conducted over the phone or in-person. In both cases, the results of the screening interview will determine if the candidate moves to the next round of the interview process.

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Great discussion of position and skills required

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

Met with several managers and took some exams. Managers were extremely friendly and professional. Made me feel comfortable and allowed me to feel confident in describing my skill sets, by previous classes and how I could be an assets to the their corporate.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IBM (Mumbai (India)) in November 2016.

Interview

I have given interview at Mumbai for system engineer. The recruitment process is very easy, aptitude test followed by two interviews.
    1) Technical
    2)HR.
    The interview are vary easy, be confident .they focusing only on communication skill and behaviour.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jamshedpur (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IBM (Jamshedpur (India)) in October 2016.

Interview

first round is very easy like 18 number series question and 12 aptitude question
    mainly focus on the first round and after hr is very easy
    in first round every question has fixed time indivedual time every question
    question was average
    more practice required this type question

Interview Questions

• focus in java question like as oops concept and dbms sql query also   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coimbatore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Coimbatore (India)) in October 2016.

Interview

hiring was better.technical questions was good .1st round was as asusual with apptitiude.hr round was good. normal requirments of the company details.college was also intersested in attending that.good interview process.the company details was also better to accept .the hiring process was good. technical questions for the interview was good.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at IBM (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

first round was online with series questions and after that verbal check. Later on face to face technical and HR both. It was easy and everything from Resume was discussed.

Systems Engineer Interview

Interview

Send the resume to one of the friend in the team. they scheduled a phone call for one hour. the questions were mostly from system architectures and few on networking. They said that they will get back.. the HR contacted in 20 days time and I joined in 3 months.