IBM Technical Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IBM Technical Analyst Interview Questions

2.5

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied online on IBM careers website. Received an email invitation for a phone interview after one month. Phone interview was supposed to be one hour long. It included questions on short-skills, technical skills, trouble-shooting skills. One who succeeds this one will be called for an on site interview which is going to be the final one but there can also be another one as well it all depends on the concerned manager's plan and schedule.

Interview Questions

• 1) Tell me about yourself?
    2) Softskills:
     Situational questions about i) how you will react when there are two equally weighted tasks? ii) how
     will you react and behave when your manager doesn't welcome new ideas?
    3) Technical skills:
     Simple Definitions for Virtual Memory, Firewall.
     What is the difference between Http and Https?
     What is an index in databases?
     What is a primary key and a foreign key in relational databases?
     When do we use outer-join in SQL?
    4) Trouble-shooting skills: Imagine you work for a bank as a technical analyst and What would you
     do when a customer calls you about his web portal which was not updated with correct amount? and
     what would you do when the web portal takes time to load or open up or when its cranky?
    5) Do you have any questions for me?
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Technical Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at IBM in February 2014.

Interview

Not much stuff. Just went through your resume, and discuss about your knowledge and experience of SQL.

Interview Questions

• What do you do if one of your teammate is slacking off while the deadline of a big project is approaching?   Answer Question

Technical Analyst Interview

Interview

Applied online, received interview for next week. Completely behavioural interview. Asked me what I would do in certain situations, what my strengths are, why I want a customer facing role, did I have previous customer facing role? What would be my dream job?

Interview Questions

• What is your worst experience when dealing with a customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations. It was an internship.

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portsmouth, North West England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Portsmouth, North West England, England (UK)) in September 2012.

Interview

1. application form
    2. IPAT test (online)
    3. 1st assessment day (no calculator), 45 minute logic group exercise, 45 minute event organising group test
    4. 2nd assessment day, 40 minute interview (personality and motivation more than knowledge), 45minute group logic exercise, 50 minute communications exercise (20 minutes presentation, 10 minute 1-to-1 presentation) and 20 minutes to write an email.

Interview Questions

• "Why did you apply to IBM we don't have phd graduates apply to IBM, I've never seen a PhD graduate at IBM?" closely followed by "I had assumed you by your name you were going to be a woman?"   3 Answers

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2012.

Interview

Such a rubbish way of hiring. was through a consultancy and got no hike. IBM NEVER GIVES YOU HIKE IF you are not in ISL

Negotiation

Could not negotiate.

Technical Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IBM in September 2011.

Interview

Applied through IBM job portal. HR got in touch and I subsequently took 3 calls over a period of 2 weeks( all technical ) that lasted for about 30 minutes each. Had a face to face with a technical executive in the local office and a final face to face with the hiring manager and country manager

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in March 2011.

Interview

-Got a phone call in response to the resume I submitted, I answered a few straight-to-the-point questions and was called in for 1-2-1 interview.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a client had questions about an aspect of their business systems?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was asked to asked how much I would like, and I mentioned it.I had done a bit of research about what the position pays anyway.

Technical Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at IBM in February 2011.

Interview

Hello all,
    I would like to share my experience on the interview which I faced in a IT Company. Before I have given many interviews but this one interest me the most. So would like to share the experience. First I applied for the company online and then I got a call from them. I had a telephonic round in which my past experiences, qualification was asked. Also alternatively my English grammar was tested I think so. Also my likes, dislikes and interests were asked. After that I was called for an face to face round with the HR. Here starts the really adventure. First questions where just normal as always, introduce yourself ,etc. Later on logical questions started where my skills were analyzed.

Interview Questions

• If you need to rate yourself on searching the internet how much will you give yourself out of 10?   1 Answer
    • If in a weighing balance there is 1 Kg Cotton on one side and 1 Kg Iron on other side. Which one will go down?   1 Answer

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in October 2009.

Interview

I got the interview through the CO-OP program at my school. Interviewer was very nice, got along very well. I was able to answer most of the questions, none of them very technical. The most technical question was "What are the 3 main terms in a SQL Select statement". Questions were mostly about my past experiences, previous work terms, my classes etc. some hypothetical questions. Overall, pretty easy, just be yourself and be able to elaborate on your past experiences and be able to explain how you solved problems.

Interview Questions

• What are the three statements in an SQL Select statement?   1 Answer
    • If you could have any job in the world, what would it be?   1 Answer