IBM Technical Support Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IBM Technical Support Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at IBM

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Atlanta, GA) in August 2010.

Interview

My interview consisted of the interviewer going down a list of questions to assess my level of skills for doing the job for which I was applying for. The interviewer wanted very detailed answers.

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Atlanta, GA) in October 2010.

Interview

IBM corporation called me,I schedule a phone interview. The guy asked me if i was ready for some Technical questions, off course i said yes. Asked about 25 Technical questions.

I Didn't answer enough correct,he told me right away. He was pretty respectful and told me what i need to revise for future opportunity.

Interview Questions

• what is different btw TCP/IP and UDP
      whats DNS?
      Whats a Router?   1 Answer
    • 3 way hand-shake?
      What's NAT
      some Linux commands?
      What's a subnet   1 Answer

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Hyderabad (India)) in June 2014.

Interview

1 min of english speaking on any topic of your choice.Immediate result will be announced.Followed by an interview will be there.Intervoew will be based on just your CV.Be sure and clear about your CV preparation

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at IBM in May 2011.

Interview

Walkin interview with 5 rounds including technical round.

Interview Questions

• interviewer asked me hardware related questions,i was not skilled with it,but mananged to answer.   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Interview

I had a quick half hour phone interview to get to know my future first line manager. After a week or two I was set up with a phone interview with him and three senior engineers and asked java questions and customer scenarios. I received notice that I was getting an offer and had to take an online aptitude test before receiving the written offer. First two days spent in orientation in Armok, NY.

Interview Questions

• The java questions were all about interface, abstract classes and inheritance.   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at IBM in November 2010.

Interview

I responded to an add from a head-hunting agency by riting a presentation letter and providing my CV in English.
    I was contacted within 5 minutes by the head-hunter and they submitted my application to the local manager at IBM.
    I had 3 phone interviews (I was on a different country):
    1 -. By 2 technichal, french speaking engineers to assess my language knowledge and general backgorund;
    2 - A test that consisted of a problem analysis test during 30 minutes or so and a subsequent phone call to respond to questions about the problem;
    3 - An interview with the local manager for some general background information.

i then received the proposal from the head-hunter.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions but one unexpected, to start talking in Spanish and then Japanese during the first phoen interview with the 2 french speaking engineers   Answer Question

Negotiation

The jog add have an interval for weekly salary and was for 3 months duration only;
    I received a first proposition with a value in between the min and max and then they proposed the minimum but with a 1 year duration so I accepted due to the longer duration;
    If possible I suggest to stand firm and request always the highest possible value.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Bengaluru (India)) in February 2010.

Interview

the interview was over the phone
    3 rounds of interview
    each round went on around 30 mins of time.
    general communication and a tech round and final discussion of salary and joining date with the manager
    after the BGV offer letter was sent through some courier service.

Interview Questions

• Some questions related to the AD and other OS related questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

I recommend

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Bengaluru (India)) in April 2012.

Interview

the first round was a group discussion. second was a technical skills round. and the third round was the H.R round.

Interview Questions

• why didnt you get selected in TCS?   1 Answer

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM in January 2008.

Interview

Got to know this job hiring from my friend, when I saw a huge crowd I was tensed. There I saw IBM also was hiring freshers just gave my best to this opportunity and I was in. There was GD for first round, here I was very excited to talk and got shortlisted. I still remember that when I got shortlisted first round I was very much confident that I'll be placed here because everything was in my way that day. I felt all the rounds in interview was not so difficult.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in August 2010.

Interview

first was group discussion.
    Second was telephonic