IBM Test Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IBM Test Engineer Interview Questions

2.8

Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at IBM in October 2015.

Interview

Met recruiter through campus recruiting event. The recruiter reviewed my resume and we spoke about my experiences and about IBM. I was invited to interview on-site in Burlington Vermont. The process moved very quickly. On-site, I was asked to give a short presentation detailing my experiences and interests. I then met the microprocessor team and was interviewed by all 8 members separately. The day was split up between touring the site where manufacturing and testing occurs for IBMs microprocessors and 30 minute 1:1 interviews. Most of the interviews were simply about my interests and experience rather than specific technical questions regarding the work. Overall good experience.

Location.

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Very easy. All the managers and senior engineers were friendly.

Test Engineer Interview

Interview

My hiring process was simple and straight forward because I interned in the same dept. It seems a lot of people came through the internship programs. In my internship interview I was not asked any challenging questions.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY) in February 2012.

Interview

I applied at the IBM website and the whole process from application to job offer was 5 months. Initially, the recruiter contacted me quickly within 2 weeks. I was asked to fill out a questionnaire related to the job. I didn't hear from them for months thereafter. I applied for a similar position after several months and was contacted by the recruiter. About a month later I phone interviewed with 2 managers. Then I got the offer after a week. It was a lengthy disorganized process.

Interview Questions

• Questions were mostly behavioral ones like how did you handle this (scenario). If you are experienced these types of questions are easy to answer because you have gone through them in real life. For example, how do you handle a difficult client manager?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is very little to no room for negotiation. IBM pays lower than their competitors. Be prepared to walk away from the offer if the salary is really below your expectations because from what I hear you won't get a raise for years.

Anonymous Employee in Essex Junction, VT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Essex Junction, VT) in December 2011.

Interview

Initial communications started through the recruitment at my university. There, they just wanted to learn more about me and figure out which job positions I would be most interested in. After applying, I received a call from the hiring manager and was asked a few of the same questions. Nothing too difficult, just about what my interests were and how I like to work in school (working in groups is stressed highly at IBM).

I then had an onsite interview where I talked with 6 different people for about an hour each. Some were just because of shared interests, others because of where I would be working. That process was really just for them to see if I was a bearable person to work with. They want to see if you can hold conversations with people of all types.

After this, I had to take two tests. One was a personality test. The other was a reasoning/IQ type test. I had to complete these before they would proceed any further. The reasoning test was really difficult and was timed. I thought I did very poorly but was still offered a job.

I was informed about a week later and was given a week to inform them of my intentions.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult part was the on site interview. It was just a long and grueling process. Make sure to get plenty of rest and drink some coffee before hand, even if you arent a coffee drinker.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Essex Junction, VT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IBM (Essex Junction, VT) in April 2008.

Interview

Very easy and laid back. First interviewer superficially assess your technical knowledge. Second interview was more about fit with potential team you would be working with.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of leadership outside a classroom setting.   Answer Question

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2013.

Interview

I applied through the university. Then, I took an online aptitude test and set up an interview time and location with the hiring manager. You could not study for the aptitude test. The fun part was trying to figure out the patterns in the time you were given.

Interview Questions

• None, they talked about my past experiences and projects   Answer Question

Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Contacted over a career fair. Scheduled an on site interview pretty quickly. Interviewed with the team I'd be working with. The team was composed of the engineers and their HR rep. This seems to be the layout for many work groups in IBM.

We talked about my resume and the skills inside. Normal.

Contacted 2 weeks later to continue with the IPAT and an official employee application.

No offer yet.

Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Most of the times they conduct walk in which makes it difficult to be part of it.
    They close the process in one day itself so carry your all related stuff along with you.
    2 Technical and 1 HR

Negotiation

Very Short, no such great Negotiation happened,

Testing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Bengaluru (India)) in December 2010.

Interview

IBM called me for an interview on December 18th, 2010. First round was technical round. It was easy. Second round was a presentation cum group discussion. It was good. Third round was 1:1 interview where the salary and position were discussed. I was told that the offer letter would be rolled out in 15 days. I still have not received any offer letter.