IBM Interview Questions in Texas | Glassdoor

Updated May 16, 2017

2.8

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM (Houston, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Quick to ask a ton of questions online with urgency in an email and no call back. i felt quite misled and manipulated by the process. IBM should not send emails that imply you are a final candidate in the entry process nor should they say they will call within the week and not call back. KEEP YOUR PROMISES!

Interview Questions

• Over 1 hour worth of stuff and no call back   1 Answer

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM (Austin, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process went for 2 weeks. First was a coding challenge followed by a phone interview. Then there were three differnet skype interviews following that. They gave me a verbal confirmation of the offer but never got back for 2 weeks after which I decided to follow up. They said they filled the position with an internal candidate. A big waste of my time. So unprofessional that they could not even inform. Wasted so many hours of mine and then not even bother to reply to mails.

Interview Questions

• 8 coins puzzle, how to get 4 lt of water from two glasses with the metrics of 3 and 5.
      Javascript basics(mostly from w3c)
      Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at IBM (Dallas, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

When you have been 'selected' to exit, HR says all positions within IBM are still open for you to apply, which is true. However, they have them all blocked. You have no choice but to leave

Interview Questions

• Can you use your vacation time before you leave   2 Answers

IBM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Austin, TX).

Interview

First stage was a 30 minute video call, both people were very friendly and just wanted to learn more about me. Asked about past projects on resume and what I was interested in at IBM and explained the role further.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Austin, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

The first thing that happened was the HireVue coding challenge. The questions on it were fairly simple. Talking to the camera to record your answers is an odd experience though. I got pretty nervous recording my responses.

About a week later, I emailed my recruiter to inquire about the state of my application, and the next day they emailed me to schedule a time for the Guru interview. I completed it soon after. The interviewer was very professional and didn't stoneface me like has happened in interviews with different companies. The coding questions in the Guru interview were even easier than those in the coding challenge. I thought I did well overall, and am hopefully expecting an offer.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at IBM (Dallas, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Very competitive internal job search. Due to the number of employees impacted by rounds of resource actions it was too competitive. Not a lot of jobs available so low odds of success.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Austin, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online, a few weeks later got an email with some test to do that was pretty irrelevant to the job. Had some math I hadn't worried about since high school and it was kinda frustrating because of its irrelevancy. They review your test and determine if they want to further interview you or not.

Cloud Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Austin, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Process spanned about 2.5 months. Had a recommendation from a co-worker from a previous job. Process consisted of applying online, and two in-person interviews with different levels of the team. Last interview was with the director. Was not too impressed with how they handled the process. I had little to zero feedback from the managers. I ended up not getting the job which isn't a big deal. Not sure if I would have liked it in the long-run.

Interview Questions

• Write a function that determines if the given parameter is a palindrome or not.   1 Answer

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM (Austin, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

You apply on IBM Design. I don't remember how fast I was emailed to schedule a call, but it took about 1 week between the first email and the call. I had a one-hour long phone interview with a UX designer at the Austin office. One week after my interview I was recommended to go through a different hiring track for designers new to enterprise software. I had a second phone interview 2 weeks later, but it was much more relaxed. I was encouraged to ask more questions. I was called immediately by the recruiter to join them in Austin for an in-person interview.

The in-person interview is quite intense and you go through it with other candidates. There's dinner the night before the interviews. The day of the interview, you hear more about the design bootcamp. We then broke off into our individual interviews. We had two rounds of individual interviews. One was with a Design Manager and the other with a UX designer.

There's also a portfolio presentation and a presentation of a design challenge that was given to us before we arrived.

Tip: if you get a group email with the other candidates copied, be sure to reach out to them.

*Still waiting to hear back about an offer.

Interview Questions

• Talk about your design process for something you've worked on.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM (Austin, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Had a behavioral phone screen with HR recruiter who was initially pleasant but only for the first minute or so.

After the recruiter's spiel about the internship, she mentions that the position would be part-time in the spring, full-time in the summer, and then part-time again during the fall. The job posting only mentioned that it was for the spring and the summer, so I told her that it was possible I would not be able to work during the fall due to personal conflicts. She tells me that they were looking for someone who could meet the time commitment but says she'd relay the info to the hiring manager and continue the interview.

Thought that was nice of her since I clearly did not meet their availability requirements. But unfortunately, I thought too soon.

She started the rest of the interview with some basic behavioral questions. However, it quickly became apparent that she did not care to listen to our conversation because she kept asking questions about things that I had already mentioned in previous answers (e.g. asking if I had Agile experience when I clearly and thoroughly mentioned it when I explained my internship experience). In fact, it wasn't much of a conversation than a rapid fire Q&A session read off of some HR interview script. The best question I got: "Do you have problem analysis skills?"

I understand that my unavailability during the fall placed my application at a disadvantage, but that is no excuse to be rude and unprofessional toward your interviewees, especially if the accurate information was not specified on the job posting. Baffling that IBM allows such unprofessionalism in their recruitment process.

Interview Questions

• Do you have problem analysis skills?   1 Answer