IBM Interview Questions in Toronto, ON | Glassdoor

Updated May 20, 2017

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

The whole process is super super slow, took around 3 months. First, 4 hours coding assessment. Second, half hour asking something about resume and two simple coding questions: fizz buzz and move all the zero to the end of the array. Third, one-hour coding questions: check winner of the tic tac toe and design a deck of a poker. Did not made it to on-site interview. Overall, it's very easy, but I don't know why I did not make it to on-site.

Interview Questions

• check the winner of tic tac toe, design a deck of poker (draw and shuffle)
      fizz buzz, move zeros
      1 Answer

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at IBM (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

Video interview and all questions were about job descriptions such as software development cycle, Microsoft technologies including: Windows Azure, Java-based technologies, Android and IOS devices.
    Also I had the aptitude test before the video interview.

Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at IBM (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

NPAT test - cognitive assessment

There were 2 parts to the test. Total of 18 questions. First mart was mathematical, second was visual. All patterns and each question was timed for 2:25 minutes.

Interview Questions

• This is just an example IE.

1,1,2,6,89,4,5,6,104 ?
      1 Answer

Negotiation

Didn't get there yet

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at IBM (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

First, there was an IQ test. Then i received an interview notice. The interview was conducted using webcams. The interviewer asked me a couple of technical questions about c programming. Then he asked a few behavioral questions. The overall process took half an hour. He was nice and easy-going.

Interview Questions

• What is the biggest difference between c and c++?   1 Answer

Cloud Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

they contact me the next day I applied. Then, settled the interview in a week. When I went to IBM for the interview, 2 team leads and the hr were asking me questions. first was general technical questions, then some teamwork related questions.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at IBM (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was called back within a week to book an in-person interview. I was interviewed by one interviewer. The interview was very friendly, told me to relax, and spent a good amount of time describing the work and role of the intern, so it felt more like a conversation and less like an interrogation. I was asked some basic technical questions about Python, the Linux shell and databases. I was also asked to describe some of my past software experiences and questioned as to how I would handle certain situations when working in a team or certain issues related to work.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a tuple and a list in Python? How would you sort a list in Python? How would you remove an element from a list in Python? How would you remove all duplicates from a list in Python? How would you run code written in one script from another script in Python?   Answer Question
    • If team member is not doing his job or getting things in on time, what would you do?   Answer Question
    • If you are stuck on a problem what would you do? If you've asked everyone you can and searched all you can online, then what would you do?   Answer Question
    • Describe one time that you've had to teach a new concept to a team member. How did you approach it?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at IBM (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone Screening after manager got my resume, manager asked some questions based on my resume and some technical questions. 1 week later, I got an online Coding Challenge which requires to be completed within 5 days.

Business Operations Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

3 hours in total, 1 interviewer.
    1 hour getting to know the position, company, interviewee.
    1 hour doing multiple tests in different languages. About 10 minutes each, mostly on language syntax. They leave you alone for this one.
    1 hour learning as you go excel assignment on a computer they provided. You can search for formula and solutions online.

Interview Questions

• Recursively output to console the Fibonacci sequence (Javascript)   Answer Question

Applications Architect, ECM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online with employee's referral, attended 3 interviews; the first was with a manager from the team, then technical interview with senior team member, then HR interview.
    The entire process took around 1 month.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for this position?   Answer Question
    • Questions about data caching and synchronization on threads level and on JVM level.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They have a specific salary range for each level, so there is a limited margin for the salary negotiations.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at IBM (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in December 2016.