IBM Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 27, 2017

3.2

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at IBM (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

I had to fill out an application form which I downloaded from the IBM website. These had a wide variety of questions that were about skills and qualities like adaptability, teamwork, communication, self-motivation and drive to succeed. In essence, I had to identify and group experienced from my CV for the different qualities. I didn't have to submit a CV or covering letter.
    I was then asked to do an IPAT test, which is very different from the other numerical tests I've attempted. I felt like I'd done this well, but I was not able to proceed to the next stage.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at IBM (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Pretty average. Delivered by a sales professional, who then baulked at my ambition levels, pretty much ensuring that I did not want to work for his company. Questions were ok, but when he found out my results, he got nervous, and tried to impose himself....not very successfully.

Software Engineer Placement Year Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

I went through first stage application, then online IPAT which is basically a maths exam then 3rd stage which is a review of my cv and now I am awaiting for my upcoming assessment centre day.

Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

First had to submit an IBM specific CV, template can be downloaded from their site. Invite to online IPAT test, involves numerical sequences and some standard maths. Invite to assessment centre, had two group tasks to solve a problem and had a one to one interview/pre-prepared presentation.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time when a team member didn't fulfill expectations, and how did you deal with this problem.   Answer Question

Extreme Blue(Technical) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Winchester, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

1. Submit CV and complete application form.
    2. Complete Online Assessments.
    3. Attend Assessment Centre. Here we completed a logic test, performed a presentation, had 3 interviews, and performed two group exercises in front of panel.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you led a team successfully.   Answer Question

Graduate Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IBM (London, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

I filled their own unique application form (questionnaire) and sent the online application. A few days later I was invited for their online IPAT test. It was very tough, but then I received an email the next day that I have scored above the minimum score so now they will review my CV and application and will let me know whether I get promoted to the next stage or not. A few days later, I received an email saying I have cleared the CV clearance stage and now I am invited to the Assessment Centre Day. I was to send a confirmatory email regarding my attendance for the assessment centre day. Then they sent an email briefing the details about the assessment centre day and asking me to send the presentation file 7 days ahead the assessment centre day.

Interview Questions

• Assessment centre day presentation topic: Information Technology. What it means to you? and Why do you think you are a good candidate for Graduate Software Development Programme?   1 Answer

Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at IBM (Bristol, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online, the process took one week. They rejected me twice due to unclear description in the job details and invalid link and potential discrimination against international applicant. I wrote this review not because I feel angry or upset about being rejected. This is only for potential applicants who might get rejected by not clarified information on the job pages, I would say save your time for other companies that are more organized and equal to international applicants.
    The first time I got rejected is because the link of a required form in the job page was not valid- got rejected by 'not meeting the minimum criteria'
    Second time through communications (I've stated possible reasons that I might not be eligible to apply in the email, but they said the form is the only missing thing) they sent me the form and updated my application, however I got the same email saying 'not meeting the minimum criteria' This time I complained but the response is that I don't hold a valid visa. Ironically I have stated in the application and the last email about my Tier 4 visa status and inquiring if I could apply for the position. Apparently they missed this important information twice.
    As I said, I'm not upset of being rejected. But I do believe the job description could be more clear abut who's eligible, and please read the emails applicants sent.

Human Resources Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

I applied online. Got a phone call. The it was an in-depth Skype conversation. Then just an email to say I didn't get it and then nothing. The whole interview process was very swift and there really isn't much to add to this.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM in September 2016.

Interview

Apply online, then you have to do IPAT tests. The tests are okay, one was heavily numerical with problem solving tests and the other involved some sequences. I managed to pass the test but I did not get past the phone interview.

Graduate Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (London, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

I attended the Assessment Centre, which had 2 group tasks and 1 business interview.

Group Task 1 - A problem solving task: You will have 30 minutes to solve 2 questions on different designers and a fashion show rota for models. *Note* that you all won't have the same information, the latter 3 statements on each of our team members pieces of paper were different.

Group Task 2 & 1:1 interview: “The business game". 75 minutes in total on this task with your group. You will be given a client case situation, and you must allocate the roles in front of you to your team accordingly and research, use the material and information handed to you with your group to put a presentation together to pitch to the "client".

1:1 Interview: Throughout the 75 minutes your group members will be called out, maybe in pairs, and you will undergo your 1:1 interview with a Manager. The interview is exactly 20 minutes.

So it sounds really confusing and quite unreasonable in terms of you lose your thought track and you and your team have to update one another every time a member leaves for 20mins interview, but they expect you to 'handover' the work accordingly.

Interview Questions

• 1) Talk about a time when you adapted to a challenging customer/client.
      2) Which part of Sales do you wish to enter?
      3) Give examples of times when you have had to meet tight deadlines.
      4) Talk about a time when you found a better way of doing something, and how you carried that to peers?
      Answer Question