IBM Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

3.3

311 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Graduate Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Online application, Online Testing, Assessment Centre.

The assessment centre involved a group problem solving exercise (logical reasoning) and a group presentation/case study exercise. After this there was a half-way cut and the successful candidates moved onto further testing. Unfortunately I was eliminated at this stage.

Interview Questions

• How did you come to the conclusion as a group? (for group exercise)   Answer Question

Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

The online application was followed by online IPAT tests, which measured verbal and logical reasoning, as well as pattern recognition, following this there was an assessment centre consisting of two group tasks, and a 45-minute interview to finish.

Interview Questions

• How would you break down complex information to explain to a client?   Answer Question

Extreme Blue Business Interview Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Winchester, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

Test at start of the day
    Case study on entering new market
    - Established company in Europe
    - They ask what you should be thinking about when entering the market in N.America
    - Marketing Strategy
    - Branding strategy

Group interviews
    - Logic
    - Situational Judgement
    - Marketing/Business

Individual Interviews
    - Pre-prepared presentation
    - 2 one on one competency interviews

Interview Questions

• Standard competency questions:
      - Situation where you resolve an issue in a team
      - Time where you lead a team
      - Weakness   Answer Question

IBM GBS Consulting By Degrees Entry Level Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

Submitted an application form before sitting the IPAT test.

Test was difficult, and I definitely thought I had failed, but somehow managed to pass.

At the assessment centre we conducted a group discussion which involved coming up with ideas for an app, before pitching them to the assessors. Following this was the group logic test, I found this very difficult to contribute towards as it turned into everyone talking over one another.

After these exercises half of us were sent home, myself included.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at IBM (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

I had to fill out an application form which I downloaded from the IBM website. These had a wide variety of questions that were about skills and qualities like adaptability, teamwork, communication, self-motivation and drive to succeed. In essence, I had to identify and group experienced from my CV for the different qualities. I didn't have to submit a CV or covering letter.
    I was then asked to do an IPAT test, which is very different from the other numerical tests I've attempted. I felt like I'd done this well, but I was not able to proceed to the next stage.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at IBM (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Pretty average. Delivered by a sales professional, who then baulked at my ambition levels, pretty much ensuring that I did not want to work for his company. Questions were ok, but when he found out my results, he got nervous, and tried to impose himself....not very successfully.

Software Engineer Placement Year Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

I went through first stage application, then online IPAT which is basically a maths exam then 3rd stage which is a review of my cv and now I am awaiting for my upcoming assessment centre day.

Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

First had to submit an IBM specific CV, template can be downloaded from their site. Invite to online IPAT test, involves numerical sequences and some standard maths. Invite to assessment centre, had two group tasks to solve a problem and had a one to one interview/pre-prepared presentation.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time when a team member didn't fulfill expectations, and how did you deal with this problem.   Answer Question

Extreme Blue(Technical) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Winchester, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

1. Submit CV and complete application form.
    2. Complete Online Assessments.
    3. Attend Assessment Centre. Here we completed a logic test, performed a presentation, had 3 interviews, and performed two group exercises in front of panel.

Graduate Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IBM (London, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

I filled their own unique application form (questionnaire) and sent the online application. A few days later I was invited for their online IPAT test. It was very tough, but then I received an email the next day that I have scored above the minimum score so now they will review my CV and application and will let me know whether I get promoted to the next stage or not. A few days later, I received an email saying I have cleared the CV clearance stage and now I am invited to the Assessment Centre Day. I was to send a confirmatory email regarding my attendance for the assessment centre day. Then they sent an email briefing the details about the assessment centre day and asking me to send the presentation file 7 days ahead the assessment centre day.

Interview Questions

• Assessment centre day presentation topic: Information Technology. What it means to you? and Why do you think you are a good candidate for Graduate Software Development Programme?   1 Answer