IBM Interview Questions in Vancouver, BC | Glassdoor

IBM Interview Questions in Vancouver, BC

Updated Jan 20, 2017

Coop Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IBM (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in February 2016.

Interview

One round phone interview. They will introduce about the company and explain some expectations. Mostly behaviour questions and two easy tech questions based on previous experience from resume. The interview takes about 20 minutes, make sure to ask about the position, environment and culture to know more. Hear back pretty soon, but the offer takes a long time to process, the reference check requires some time.

Software Developer Coop Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

it is one technical interview, asking questions related to the job description. Usually there are two interviewees, one is the team manager, the other might be the supervisor. Following the interview, there is a background check, IQ Test. The hiring process might take several weeks cause it requires many documents to be submitted and it is a large company, thus it needs to go through several managers, many departments. But they will send you detailed instructions of how to, read them carefully.

Software Test Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in January 2015.

Interview

It was a telephone interview. Question asked are mostly behavioural questions. Asked why I want to work for IBM. Asked what kind of project I have done. Then asked if I know a few other language, "Do you know Java?", "Do you know C++?". I do not think he asked anything technical, no coding at all.

Test Coach Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in March 2014.

Interview

Asked multiple questions in reference to Cerner applications and unit, system, functional, integration testing. Discussed experiences and what were the favorable and less favorable experiences. Initial phone screen was with staffing agency, second interview was with IBM resource.

Interview Questions

• Would you test all medication orders?   1 Answer
    • What testing methodology have you used in the past?   1 Answer
    • What is the most essential part of testing?   1 Answer
    • What has been the most difficult situation you have encountered?   1 Answer
    • Do you rely on the build resources to test the system?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Little or no negotiation, did have concur that the expected onsite may exceed the normal Monday to Thursday travel.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in February 2014.

Interview

There are 3 interviews, the first one ís the most dificult. You are mostly asked about your past job and your experience. Make sure to answer honestly. After the interview you have to wait about 3 weeks for the result. be a little patient.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in June 2011.

Interview

Phone interview. Simple questions

Interview Questions

• I don't recall. Not sure if there were even technical questions.   Answer Question