IBM Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

2.9

73 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Washington, DC) in October 2017.

Interview

It was very laid back, one 90-minute interview slot with 2 behavior interviews and one case interview, each for 30 minutes with a different interviewer. The interviewers were very friendly and relaxed, the interview was more of like an open conversation rather than the interviewer grilling the candidate with questions.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Washington, DC) in October 2017.

Interview

3 x 30min interviews (2 Behavior, or 1 Behavior and 1 Technical, and 1 case study). Very laid back and chill. Do not over think it, just try to connect with the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Situational and Behavior questions. What would you do if... Tell me about a time when...   Answer Question

Cognitive Transformation Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Washington, DC) in October 2017.

Interview

Three back-to-back 30-minute interviews.

1. Behavioral
    2. Technical
    3. Case-study

The behavioral interview asked pretty standard questions about my background, and some projects I've worked on.

The technical interview was less about demonstrating technical skills and more about discussing past projects and experience with certain programming languages, domains, etc.

The case study involved talking through an example consulting case in a relatively qualitative way.

All three interviews provided some opportunity to ask about the position.

Public Sector Cognitive Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Washington, DC) in October 2017.

Interview

Super day with two behavioral interviews and a group case. Company went over their history, and then the interviews started. The group case was used to make sure you work well with others on your team.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you explained something technical.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Washington, DC) in October 2017.

Interview

Attended an event before interview days in Washington. That consisted of several speakers that talked about the company as a whole, what the program looks like and to give advice on how to interview. The next day I had 3 back to back interviews: 1 behavioral, 1 technical and 1 case study. Case study was about profitability. After that 2 weeks later I had a verbal offer.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Washington, DC).

Interview

The interview process happened on campus at school. T h ere were 3 rounds of interviews back to back after a phone call. Like any campus interviews. I had to make sure that I was prepared since I had not done a case study before. There was a techincal, a case study and a resume review. All these happened after a phone call.

IBM GBS Consulting By Degrees Entry Level Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Washington, DC) in March 2017.

Interview

It was a very straightforward interview. Two behavioral interviews and one case study. As mentioned elsewhere the case study was regarding a pizza parlor with declining profits. Despite the issue being increasing costs, the interviewer wanted to know how I would raise revenues as well as how I would lower costs.

The questions asked during the behavioral interviews were all questions mentioned in other reviews. "Tell me about a time when a team member was struggling and you had a due date you had to meet." "Tell me about your biggest accomplishment." "Why aren't you returning to your previous place you interned." Point being they were all very straightforward questions.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about a time when a team member was struggling and you had a due date you had to meet."   Answer Question
    • "Tell me about your biggest accomplishment"   Answer Question
    • "If you had to meet a client tomorrow and you're on a new team and you don't know the project nor know the company you're working with... How would you approach this situation to hit the ground running?"   Answer Question

Technology/Cyber Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM (Washington, DC) in March 2017.

Interview

The interviewer unfamiliar with cyber and cyberspace operations. The interview consisted of interviewing with two team member individual in close proximity. It was loud due to close arrangments. The interviewers were very nice but lacked a scope of knowledge on cybersecurity.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at IBM (Washington, DC) in March 2017.

Interview

It was straightforward. Coding challenges in the first round, Coding round had three codes with easy, medium and hard level. String Manipulation, arrays and data structures were the focus. Overall questions were easy, but time consuming.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Washington, DC) in February 2017.

Interview

Fairly straightforward interview process. I attended an informational event by IBM in January and received an email from a recruiter asking for an interview a couple of weeks later for a position I hadn't even applied for. The interview was probably more difficult for me than it was for others because i'm not a typical business major, so the case interview was a little challenging for me. Behavioral interview questions come word for word from glassdoor so if you've checked here then you should be fine. Other's have said show enthusiasm for IBM but no one asked me anything about IBM or why I was even interested in consulting. I think overall they look for someone who is positive, easy to talk to, willing to learn and a team player.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you had to convince someone of something   Answer Question
    • Talk to me about a time when you had to teach someone something and it wasn't working   Answer Question
    • How would you handle a situation where a group member was struggling?   Answer Question
    • Case study was about profit/loss for two pizza places. Your pizza place has has stagnant profits and they want to know why the competitors pizza place is gaining profit. You need to dig deeper and figure out that they are obviously paying too much for raw materials and that they have more employees than necessary whereas there competitor has invested in a technology that has increased their efficiency while lessening their labor costs. Then you need to figure out how to mitigate short term and long term costs (hint: they want it to involve technology) All in all fairly simple for a business student but I'm not one so I had to think a little outside the box for my solutions.   Answer Question