IBS Software Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 9, 2018

2.9

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Smart, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBS Software Services (Smart, VA) in November 2017.

Interview

Worst way to analyse a professional. First they give you a questionnaire which contains 10 theory questions for which you need to answer in a white paper. Yes, you all read it right. 10 theory questions.. like what is aspnet_regiis and how to process web asynchronous and all those theory. What do they expect . A tutor ? You read the questions attached and decide yourself.

Interview Questions

• list all transactions control in sql.name some bitwise operators in sql.can a view do insert, update and delete? if yes how?list all transactions control in sql.name some bitwise operators in sql.can a view do insert, update and delete? if yes how?what is aspnet_regiis.exe?how can you executive web request asynchronously.difference between hashing and encryption? what is cardinality in sql?   1 Answer

Test Lead Interview

Interview

Interview was three round with two round of technical interview and one round of HR interview. The entire process took three to four days and it was very transparent and efficient.

Interview Questions

• Technical question about automation frmework   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBS Software Services in January 2013.

Interview

Through multiple level of interviews and discussions

SSE Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBS Software Services.

Interview

there was a written round. It was followed by technical round where based on the written round code they asked questions. There were questions on exception handling .Felt the interview to be easy for me.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ernakulam (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IBS Software Services (Ernakulam (India)) in November 2017.

Interview

Got selected through campus interview held in Amal Jyothi engineering college.
    First there was an aptitude round held one month prior to the interview. It was an online AMCAT test. Questions were quite simple. There were 3 parts - quantitative, logical and coding. Make sure that you adjust your time efficiently. Once you press next and submit your answer for a question, you cannot go back to that question. 70 went from my college. Only 13 cleared.

On 17 November, the interview was held. There was a GD, tech interview and HR interview.
    GD questions came from Indiabix GD questions
    Tech interview is a bit hard. Need to know all the basics and definitions. They grill you. Basics of java, oops, sql and they also ask you to write codes. Also asked questions on new technologies and general topics.

HR interview is a stress interview. Make sure to keep your cool and smile throughout. They ask you to solve a couple of puzzles. It's easy ones.

Interview Questions

• Sql connectivity with java and basics of java   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kochi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBS Software Services (Kochi (India)) in November 2013.

Interview

Off campus Placement

It was an off campus placement. The selection process consisted of 4 rounds.

1. Written Test [Quantitative Aptitude + English ], Essay
    2. Group Discussion
    3. Technical Interview
    4. HR Interview

The quantitative aptitude test consisted of 50 questions. The questions where mainly from the commonly asked areas. I am avoiding mentioning the exact topics as I am unable to clearly recall it. Referring "Quantitative Aptitude" by RS Aggarwal can get you through this easily. There was also a section for English that consisted of reading the passage type, synonyms and simple grammar questions. There were no negative marks.

After the Objective test, a subjective round was conducted to write an essay on a given topic. Our topic was "The person who influenced you most and why ?". The total time was 5 mins.

Students were short listed on the basis of the above tests and called upon for Group Discussion. Luckily I also made in. The short listed were divided into group of 10 and GD's were conducted in parallel. The topics were usually popular current affairs. The topic given to my group was "Reality shows: Boon or Bane ?". Don't try to speak too much or dominate. Make your points clearly and be attentive through out the discussion. Listening is also an integral part, not hearing.

Another short list was put up and thank god I also made it this time. The next one was technical interview round. It was 1:1 interview. I went in blank, as this was my first placement and I had no idea what to expect. The interviewer was an awesome guy. He asked me about myself and then about my project. During the days of my project I was troubled by challenges at every step and it helped me big time here. Then the topic deviated to latest technology ,mobile phones and a lot of cool things that we all could talk on for hours. I told you he was an awesome guy. In between he asked me some questions on microprocessors and programming.

The next one on the line was HR interview. I was called in and a lot of personal questions were asked. Be sure to be ready with the usual ones viz personal introduction, why this company, strengths, weakness, what you would like to change in yourself and so on. It was followed by 1-2 logical puzzles. The puzzles were interesting and I was able to answer those. One advice I want to share with you guys is that make sure you think out loud when you are asked these kind of questions. Approach the interviewer with a relaxed state of mind and be yourself. These guys have been doing this for hours and will be equally stressed. Think from their shoes. They don't want to get you out. They just want to hire the right people for their company.

After I came out, I saw that my friends where waiting for me. They asked me what I was doing inside all this time. It was when I realised I was in there for an hour. The interviewer was a friendly awesome guy. It was fun and I never felt like I was being interviewed.

This whole thing happened in a day and it was 8PM when the HR interviews where finished. Everyone was told to assemble in the auditorium and results were announced.

There was a total of 12 job offers among which 3 were from my college. By gods grace, I was one of the 3.

-nv

Personal reasons.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thiruvananthapuram (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBS Software Services (Thiruvananthapuram (India)).

Interview

Technical and HR interviews were there..in Technical,Since I was from mechanical field and I excused about programming they asked me about several mechanical related questions.Asked about industrial visit and some other Mathematics questions..
    In HR round it was jus casual talks about my life and usual interview questions..

The whole process ran around 12hrs and got I got selected...

Interview Questions

• Usual interview questions..about a memorable moment in my life etc   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBS Software Services.

Interview

1. Written test
    2. GD
    3. Technical Interview
    4. HR round

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thiruvananthapuram (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBS Software Services (Thiruvananthapuram (India)) in July 2011.

Interview

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at IBS Software Services in 2011.
     Recruitment via college is consists of one test followed by an HR interview. Test is a bit hard especially verbal section. Job seekers can follow RS Agarwal to prepare for the test. Interviews are a bit easier. Recruiters are quite friendly in nature. To pass the interview job seekers should know about themselves, their ambition, reason to join Infy, what they have done in this field, in a nutshell should have points to support their resume.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBS Software Services (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2014.

Interview

Written tech round comprising of Collections, Html, Javascript