ICAP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 28, 2017

3.1

Senior Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ICAP (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Interview involves technical and process. Technical Questions regarding routing and switching. Process related questions involves incident management and change management. There are two technical interviews and a panel interview. Just be honest and also ask questions to the interviewer.

Global Broking Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ICAP (Jersey City, NJ).

Interview

First round was a phone interview that was behavioral. Second Round started with a trading simulation, then a math test, then group presentation, and finally interviews with brokers from various desks. Overall great experience.

Front Office Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ICAP in February 2016.

Interview

Applied online, received notification to schedule a telephone interview three days later. Standard basic behavioral fit interview with some company related questions thrown in. The recruiter was very pleasant, but I had the feeling she was not that interested. The interview was over in 20 minutes. Notified by email three weeks later of no invitation to the assessment center.

Interview Questions

• ICAP stock price, convert a fraction to a decimal, a time when you had to assimilate, walk me through your resume, greatest strengths & weaknesses.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ICAP.

Interview

The phone interview asked several behavioral questions, technical questions (it's okay if you don't some financial terms), fraction-decimal conversion questions such as "what is 1/16 as decimal?" The final interview consisted of three parts: a quantitative and verbal reasoning test, a group exercise, and a panel interview. The test questions were similar to SAT/GRE questions, but the time limit was very constrained. The group exercise focused on presenting the products of ICAP, so I suggest familiarize yourself with the structure of the company, their services and products as preparation. The panel interview was almost stress-free, and the people seem really nice.

Interview Questions

• Very general questions about past experience. Why do you want to work at ICAP?   Answer Question

Interview

phone interview and then onsite by manager and tech stafff. Some basic c++ questions on the phone. And then a onsite interview with the head of development . They asked about current salary and that was it.

Risk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ICAP (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

phone call, 20 minutes, the person called and asked me a lot of questions. She asked me about the stock price and the market, which is pretty challenging. You should be very prepared for this interivew.

Risk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ICAP (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

fairly straightforward phone interview. interview consisted of 2-3 technical questions such as competitors and share price and asked a handful of behavioral questions. second round of interviews are held at the assessment centre.

Interview Questions

• what are our competitors? why risk? what is our current share price?   Answer Question

Global Broking Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ICAP (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied through my university career services job board. First round was a phone interview with very easy technicals, second round was in person at the assessment center. Consisted of trading simulation, numerical reasoning test, group exercise, and one on one interviews. Third round is a panel interview with 3 executives.

Global Broking Interview

Anonymous Employee in Telephone, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ICAP (Telephone, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

Telephone interview lasted about 20 minutes. Two basic opening questions, why ICAP? + Why broking? Followed by a few techniqal questions about the markets and specific ICAP products. Last section of the interview covered some competency based questions. All relatively straight forward but requires some research into the company. Very relaxed, try to get your personality across! On to the AC...

Interview Questions

• 16% of 16.
      Where else have you applied?
      What is the relationship between bonds and interest rates?
      Where do you see then price of oil going and why?
      Example of a time you displayed integrity?
      When was a time you were in a difficult situation, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

not at that stage yet

SummerNYC Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ICAP (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

Regular application with basic contact information, a few questions about why ICAP, and then why they should give you a spot in the internship program.

Then a few weeks later, scheduled a phone interview with a recruiter. Found most of the questions here on glassdoor.

Interview Questions

• Current share price? who are our competitors? relationship between bonds and interest rates?   Answer Question