ICAP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 28, 2017

3.1

Broker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ICAP (Jersey City, NJ).

Interview

Met with senior managers and other line brokers. Basic questions about market knowledge, understanding of the role, pay (commission), and what to expect on the desk. Otherwise was more conversational than inquisitive. Ability to demonstrate market knowledge and knowing traders is a plus.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ICAP (Jersey City, NJ) in June 2015.

Interview

Came in one day to meet with staff. Met with some executives at first, talked about background. Met with some teams and desks. Got a call that day when I got home.

Electronic Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ICAP (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Phone interview. Behavioral questions, 30 mins interview. Got calll in 3 days after applying. HR interview. easy to crack. know the company. Ask questions afetr interview. Should know CEO and company share price.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at ICAP (Jersey City, NJ) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied on company career website. Four consecutive interviews with people in the software development department. Strictly technical. Interviews were brief. Each interview lasted 15-20 minutes. I was able to answer most of the questions but not all. I would say 60%. The response seemed positive from all interviewers. I was shocked when I was not offered the position.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ICAP (Jersey City, NJ) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online

Three stages to my interview:
    1) Phone interview- Asks basic behavioral questions. Fairly easy. Conducted by an HR person and was very easy to talk to.
    2) Interview at ICAP HQ in Jersey city- more behavioral questions, somewhat easy and no technical questions
    3) Assessment center at HQ in Jersey city- Two tests: First was a trading simulation where you made simple calculation (very easy). Second test is a math test that was difficult. Lastly, there was a group project where you had some time to gather some information then present it.

Interview Questions

• What is an example of a time you had to sell something?   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ICAP (Jersey City, NJ) in March 2015.

Interview

a very simple process. I got in through a staffing company. My resume was sent over to them and they invited me for an interview in 3 days. After the interview, they sent me to go for drug test at a location closer to my home. Finally, I was asked to come over to their office for them to take my fingerprints. The entire process took about 2 weeks.

Global Broking Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ICAP (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Online application that had mostly personality based questions and maybe a few simple technical questions. (what is 7% of 2/3) for example. The next part of the process was going to the head office in Jersey City, taking 2 assesments and then creating a presentation based off information given from the recruiter. After presenting, a few questions are asked by the recruiter. Finally, there is a panel interview for everyone interviewing that day.

POST TRADE RISK Interview

Interview

First round of phone interview. Simple questions about the business and industry. Lasted 15 minutes. Second round in office with presentation, math/verbal tests, and panel interview. Presentation has 20 minutes of research then right into 5 minute interview. Third round with high level business executives.

Front Office Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ICAP (Jersey City, NJ) in February 2015.

Interview

Online application followed by a phone interview. The next round is the assessment centre which is a few hours long and consists of 2 mathematical tests, a group project and presentation and a panel interview with two employees.

Interview Questions

• phone interview: if you had to convert 1/16 into a decimal without a calculator, how would you do it?   2 Answers
    • Why Icap   1 Answer

Post Trade Risk Mitigation Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ICAP in January 2015.

Interview

1. Applied online, through the company's website. Got in touch within 2 weeks.
    2. Phone interview - going over your resume, some behavioral questions. Questions about the company - What is the stock price, competitors, what makes icap's post trade risk mitigation business)
    3. On-site
    a. Two tests - reading comprehension, math test (both shl), group presentation on company's product (can be anything) and you have to pitch it to the interviewers, an actual interview (a lot of behavioral questions)
    They also give you a tour of the trade floor.