ICAP plc Broker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ICAP plc Broker Interview Questions

3.1

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ICAP plc (Jersey City, NJ).

Interview

Met with senior managers and other line brokers. Basic questions about market knowledge, understanding of the role, pay (commission), and what to expect on the desk. Otherwise was more conversational than inquisitive. Ability to demonstrate market knowledge and knowing traders is a plus.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for ICAP plc

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at ICAP plc (Jersey City, NJ) in October 2012.

Interview

I made sure to fill out the online application carefully, and did research on the questions. I was contacted next day to schedule a phone interview.

Phone Interview: 15-20min. Understand what an inter-dealer broker does (as opposed to sales/trading at a bank) and why you'd prefer broking over trading. Might ask what news you've been following that affects their business, what their shares are trading at, your opinion on the financial markets. Brokers often entertain clients, so have something interesting about yourself which is not on your resume, like something you do for fun. Be ready for a solid mix of personality, why you're a good fit for this position (be specific), and a test of market related knowledge questions.

Superday/assessment centre: Group exercise, math tests (x2), and panel interview. Be ready to do currency conversion; currency triangles. Don't sweat the math tests too much, if you did well on the SATs you'll do fine.
    *make sure you show personality during the interview-they don't want introverted brokers

Interview Questions

• What news story have you been following and how does it affect our business?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ICAP plc (Jersey City, NJ) in July 2011.

Interview

Easy process. Basic question about trading and finance. Some behavioural questions. The process is not intense, but it depends on how you get introduced into the company. The potential hiring desk will due some due diligence on brokers clients (although not great due dillegence). My advice is to be yourself and natural...it's a "peoples" person business.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ICAP plc (Jersey City, NJ) in November 2010.

Interview

Submitted resume online, was contacted by HR to set up a phone interview after the resume was accepted. The phone interview consisted of a bunch of questions ranging from your past experiences to information about their company. It took about 10-20 min.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ICAP plc (New York, NY) in February 2010.

Interview

I applied online and spent the time to answer the two questions that came along with application thoroughly. I was then asked to make an appointment for a phone interview - I did. Around a month later I was contacted.

I did not prepare too much for the interview and generally speaking it was not so difficult except for a couple Q's. The HR rep asked me what I knew about ICAP (what ICAP does, who are the competitors, what exchange they're traded on, how I learned about ICAP). She asked me to tell her about an achievement that was not on my resume. She then asked how the regulatory environment will change ICAP's business (which was one of the questions in the application). Then what type of broker I would like to be (voice vs electronic) and why I am suitable for the role. I said I didn't have a preference (I don't believe this affected their decisions to take me/not take me). Then she asked whether structured products were brokered by voice or electronically (which i did not answer correctly) and a more technical question "what is 12% of 7?", she insisted i walk her through the mental calculation. She then asked me if I had any questions (you should probably have some questions (only good ones obviously) to portray genuine interest).

Interview Questions

• what is x% of x?   1 Answer
    • how are structured products brokered? (electronic or voice?)   1 Answer

Broker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ICAP plc.

Interview

2 phone interviews, 1 grp interview 1 final interview. Be really confident and articulate well. Be loud and clear, know wat the company does, speak about urself........ Social well, drink well, ask right qns. yeap

Broker Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at ICAP plc (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I met the head of the desk and also the head of the department in a local cafe/bar. We had a general conversation and then I met with the Director in charge of the trading floor at the office. My credentials were checked through mutual contacts and through the relevant authorities.

Interview Questions

• We discussed my previous experience and how it would be relevant going forward. I had to show my knowledge of options with a few questions and also my general knowledge of the markets.   Answer Question

Broker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ICAP plc (London, England (UK)).

Interview

AC has 4 parts. One visual test, one numerical maths, one group presentation and finally the interview.

Broker Interview

Interview

Phone interview, in office interviews, trading simulations

Broker Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ICAP plc in April 2012.

Interview

The interview was pretty difficult-a rep from london called me and instantly the questions came firing, they asked me some distinct differences between interdealer brokers and traders, investment banks; know their competitors and how iCap has them beat. Stock pitch in their as well; also, in the midst of all of that, they asked 2 math problems. I was not allowed to ask questions about the job/internship afterwards - so I left the phone interview not knowing anything about the job at hand.