ICAP plc Interview Questions in Jersey City, NJ | Glassdoor

Updated May 16, 2017

3.2

Global Broking Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ICAP plc (Jersey City, NJ).

Interview

First round was a phone interview that was behavioral. Second Round started with a trading simulation, then a math test, then group presentation, and finally interviews with brokers from various desks. Overall great experience.

Broker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ICAP plc (Jersey City, NJ).

Interview

Met with senior managers and other line brokers. Basic questions about market knowledge, understanding of the role, pay (commission), and what to expect on the desk. Otherwise was more conversational than inquisitive. Ability to demonstrate market knowledge and knowing traders is a plus.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ICAP plc (Jersey City, NJ) in June 2015.

Interview

Came in one day to meet with staff. Met with some executives at first, talked about background. Met with some teams and desks. Got a call that day when I got home.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at ICAP plc (Jersey City, NJ) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied on company career website. Four consecutive interviews with people in the software development department. Strictly technical. Interviews were brief. Each interview lasted 15-20 minutes. I was able to answer most of the questions but not all. I would say 60%. The response seemed positive from all interviewers. I was shocked when I was not offered the position.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ICAP plc (Jersey City, NJ) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online

Three stages to my interview:
    1) Phone interview- Asks basic behavioral questions. Fairly easy. Conducted by an HR person and was very easy to talk to.
    2) Interview at ICAP HQ in Jersey city- more behavioral questions, somewhat easy and no technical questions
    3) Assessment center at HQ in Jersey city- Two tests: First was a trading simulation where you made simple calculation (very easy). Second test is a math test that was difficult. Lastly, there was a group project where you had some time to gather some information then present it.

Interview Questions

• What is an example of a time you had to sell something?   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ICAP plc (Jersey City, NJ) in March 2015.

Interview

a very simple process. I got in through a staffing company. My resume was sent over to them and they invited me for an interview in 3 days. After the interview, they sent me to go for drug test at a location closer to my home. Finally, I was asked to come over to their office for them to take my fingerprints. The entire process took about 2 weeks.

Front Office Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ICAP plc (Jersey City, NJ) in February 2015.

Interview

Online application followed by a phone interview. The next round is the assessment centre which is a few hours long and consists of 2 mathematical tests, a group project and presentation and a panel interview with two employees.

Interview Questions

• phone interview: if you had to convert 1/16 into a decimal without a calculator, how would you do it?   2 Answers
    • Why Icap   1 Answer

Revenue Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ICAP plc (Jersey City, NJ) in October 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with manager and director, asked about my academic and work experience. Whether I can guarantee my time to this job. they also asked about my excel skills. They asked about my opinions towards accounting.

Post Trade Risk Management Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at ICAP plc (Jersey City, NJ).

Interview

The hiring process is composed of one phone interview. Some of the questions asked were about company's stock price on that day, greatest weaknesses, three greatest strengths, when has networking payed off and three reasons why ICAP would be a good place for a summer internship. Then some people are called for the second round at ICAP's office in Jersey City. There a group of 10 people is first given a test in a form of couple of market updates (videos with news, index prices and FX). Every news update is followed by three questions about a specific topic that was covered (percentage increases and converting currencies). It is 60 seconds per question while main indices and FX rates are presented on the screen.
    This test is followed by another test that is made of 40 questions in 40 minutes. All of the questions are calculating percentage changes, or calculating whole parts based on data of percentages, and converting currencies. Questions in both tests are not difficult, but the time is a constraint (some questions demand more time than others).

Second part of the second round is an analysis of a company that is followed by a presentation in front of ICAP employees and recruiters. Groups of 3-4 are formed and then given a case of a brokerage company. A group is then supposed to analyze the financials and give its opinion on whether that company would be a good fit for ICAP. After the 3-5 minute presentation, ICAP employees ask questions about financial measures used, feasibility and valuation (estimated stock price).

Less than half of the group is then sent home, depending on the test results and the presentation, and the rest is left to wait for the panel interview (same employees that listened to the presentation), final stage of the hiring process. Questions asked during the panel interview are mostly behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Analyze a company and give your opinion, based on financial information provided, whether ICAP should acquire it or not.   Answer Question

Financial Operations/Accounting Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at ICAP plc (Jersey City, NJ) in May 2014.

Interview

Applied through their college recruiting program online. Was emailed to schedule a phone interview. Interview took about 30 minutes, mostly behavioral (walk me through your resume, weaknesses, etc) with some quantitative questions on the markets and ICAP. Invited for Assessment Center interview in office in Jersey City. Took a quantitative math exam and a short exam on converting between currencies and calculating market cap/share price. Next, did a case study with other applicants on whether or not to buy a fictional company based on their financial statements and short description. Final round was a panel interview with 4 relevant employees, entirely behavioral/standard interview questions.

Interview Questions

• What's the price of gold?
      Price of ICAP stock today? In what units?
      Who are our competitors?