ICAP plc Interview Questions in London, UK | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 21, 2017

3.1

Stock Broker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ICAP plc (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

Basic - questions asked very simple. why icap what recent deals? Some hard technical questions such as what happens to the yield of a bond when it matures and also spoke about LIBOR. also what i do outside of academics

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ICAP plc (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied on ICAP website. I got to the first round of phone interview only. The HR was nice and the overall interview was very easy. Simple questions on the business and behavioural to follow. The interview lasted only 15 minutes which made me think I was not successful, and in fact I was not.

Interview Questions

• 16 percent of 16?
      Why ICAP?
      What's the difference between brokers and traders?
      Hobbies?
      Answer Question

London Full Time Global Broking 2017 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ICAP plc (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Online application, relatively easy with two questions, You have 250 words to sell yourself. Why have you selected broking as a career and why should we hire you? and What are the commercial implications for ICAP in the current regulatory environment?. After a few days I had a phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Why Icap, Why broking, what is half of 99, how ICAP was affected by the economic crisis, competitors , three of Icap's electronic products   Answer Question

Graduate Global Broking Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ICAP plc (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Pleasant interviewer. The interview itself lasted for around 20 minutes. Mixture of technical and competency questions were asked: example when you showed innovation. Example of networking to achieve something. Recent piece of financial news that had affected ICAP. Name ICAP's products.
    Unfortunately, I was not well prepared and took too long to answer the questions.

Interview Questions

• Why ICAP? Why broking? Why did you choose broking over trading?   Answer Question

Global Broking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ICAP plc (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online through the website. After a month I got a phone interview and after two weeks the assessment center in their office in London. Phone interview mostly motivational with some basic notions of finance. Assessment center with numerical tests, group work and an interview

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ICAP plc (London, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

Initial online screening
    Then phone interview
    Most questions expected, competency based and standard motivational questions
    Why Icap, why inter dealer Broking, leadership example, integrity example, wanted TWO networking examples, 3/8 as a decimel

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ICAP plc (London, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

Telephone interview for graduate role:
    Why Icap?
    Why have you chosen this role?
    How does the bond yield change if bond prices go up?
    Who are our competitors?
    When has networking paid off?
    When was a time when you didn't agree with someone's decision? What did you do?
    Innovative ideas?
    The interview lasted about 15-20 minutes and there was nothing unexpected. Most questions can be found here on Glassdoor

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ICAP plc (London, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

The process begins with an online application - including motivational questions. If successful you are invited to a telephone interview and a subsequent assessment centre if you pass the phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in Broking as a career?
      What skills do you have that will make you a successful candidate within this division?
      What is ICAP's current share price?
      Answer Question

Graduate Broking Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ICAP plc (London, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

Telephone interview - Basic
    Assessment centre - Maths test, maths computer simulation, group project, interview.
    Tests and group projects were very easy. The interviewers are typical old-school brokers, and don't value your qualifications like other places do. In my opinion they wanted someone cocky and confident to walk in. If I had known this I would have changed my approach dramatically and not focused on being so professional.

Global Broking Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ICAP plc (London, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Received an invitation to a telephone interview within 3 weeks. The telephone interview included a mix of competency based questions, personal questions and a few technical questions. Heard back the next day and invited to assessment centre.