ICF Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ICF Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at ICF

2.7

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ICF in January 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who set up an initial phone screening. A week or two after he contacted me to set up an interview with a team of six people. I met with the entire group and they asked me pretty basic questions about my experience, education, and whether I wanted to specialize in an aspect of my field or go the generalist/project manager route. There were no behavioral or situational questions. The interview was about an hour and a half total and included a basic writing exam. Everyone was very friendly and eager to answer my questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I accepted their offer because it was $10,000 more than an offer at a rival company.

Other Interview Reviews for ICF

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ICF.

Interview

In person panel interview, initially with dire tors then with other employees. Lasted 4 hours, then a few more minutes with HR.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle working under pressure?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ICF (Bethesda, MD) in October 2010.

Interview

Interviewed with HR and future supervisor after applying for job online within one week of submitting my application. The entire process was not that complicated.

Negotiation

not much negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ICF (Washington, DC).

Interview

I was referred directly to the hiring manager for a specific position from an employee on a different team. HR was disorganized and more difficult to deal with than average, but still friendly and professional. At times I wondered if this was intentional/part of the interview. The interview was a full day, with 1 person from HR and 5 people on the team I was interviewing with. The interview included a lunch meeting and a meeting with HR. All the team members seemed engaged and interested in the interview, but each 20 minute interview ended 5-10 minutes early because the team members were so busy.

Interview Questions

• The interview was mostly behavioral. The only technical questions I was asked were very specifically related to past experience on my resume. I believe one person looked up a technical report that I had published through my last job, where I was part of a team. I was asked how some of the information was calculated in that report and to describe exactly what technical components I contributed.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ICF (Fairfax, VA) in December 2011.

Interview

Submitted application for Research Assistant through indeed.com; was called back, I believe, within a week. Interview was longish (met with the recruiter, then two RA's, then two associates, then one of the VPs and another senior associate, then the recruiter again at the end), but not very intensive. I wasn't asked too much about my specific skills (questions were more general, e.g. "what are your career goals," "what sort of work did you do in [college, last job]," etc.).

Interview Questions

• Don't remember many specifics (this was years ago), but I do remember not getting a lot of difficult or unexpected questions. The interviews were more like conversations, and made it feel like they genuinely just wanted to know what my goals were, what I could do, what I LIKED to do, what type of experience I had, etc.

I think at the end of the day, if you've gotten the interview for an RA position, it probably means you can do the job; they just want to make sure you're not a total psychopath in the interview. Just know about your history and goals, and how they connect to the area you're interviewing for, and you'll be fine.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. I initially balked because it would have been a far commute for me (I lived in NW DC at the time), and the recruiter basically convinced me via the "c'mooon..."-method over the phone.

Analyst Interview

Interview

Initial screening call then 2 phone interviews and in-person interview. Typical questions about work experience, tell me about a time you had to deal with x/y/z, what did you do, and why. No case study questions. Process took about 2 months from start to finish.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ICF (Washington, DC) in September 2010.

Interview

The day of the actual in-person interview consisted of a half day long process - "round-robin" style. The team had divided up into 1 or 2 person slots to interview me.

Interview Questions

• What characteristics do you find most annoying in a supervisor?/what types of qualities do you like in a supervisor?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at ICF (Fairfax, VA) in April 2016.

Interview

I reached out to a recruiter on LinkedIn about some open positions in the field I was interested in and received a message back within less than a week. We were able to set up a phone interview with a senior associate on the team of one of the positions. The interview went well and had general resume and experience questions and how I could fit within the team. I received a call back the next day and set up an in person interview at the office less than a week later. The in person interviews were a series of one-on-one's with each team member. These were conversational and each team member gave me background information on what they did, and questions about how I could fit into some of their projects. I received an offer the next day.

Overall, I was extremely impressed with the whole process. Everyone was very professional and was genuinely interested in me and my skills/experience, but more so my personality and how I would work well with others at the company. I was in contact with the recruiter throughout the whole process, who was very helpful.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ICF (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Was contacted via email by one of ICF's recruiters a week or so after applying online. She acted as the primary point of contact throughout, arranging a set of three interviews with my potential supervisor and coworkers. For the first interview, it was in-person with my potential supervisor in a conference room at their offices. The supervisor was very friendly and nice, and the interview was conversational and relaxed. The second and third interviews were via telephone, one with a remote coworker and the other with the department VP. Both phone interviewers were very nice and helpful, and lasted about 30mins each. I then received a followup offer from the recruiter a few days after the third interview. The overall experience was very positive, professional and transparent.

Interview Questions

• Q: What are your career goals?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you resolved a challenge for a client.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ICF (Rockville, MD) in November 2014.

Interview

I submitted my resume online and was selected for a phone interview with 3 people. They made me call them at my expense and left the previous person's name in the email by mistake-very sloppy indeed.

After that, I had another interview with more people and an exam.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They did not accept any negotiation.