ICF Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ICF Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at ICF

2.7

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ICF.

Interview

In person panel interview, initially with dire tors then with other employees. Lasted 4 hours, then a few more minutes with HR.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle working under pressure?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for ICF

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ICF (Fairfax, VA).

Interview

The interview process is typical for this type of work. I was contacted by a recruiter, had a phone interview, followed by one day of in-person interviews in which i spoke with 4 people over the course of 3 meetings. Most of the interview was of a behavioraly type with some technical questions peppered in. The last interview of the day was informational in nature.

Interview Questions

• How do you organize your day when you have too many tasks?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ICF in January 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who set up an initial phone screening. A week or two after he contacted me to set up an interview with a team of six people. I met with the entire group and they asked me pretty basic questions about my experience, education, and whether I wanted to specialize in an aspect of my field or go the generalist/project manager route. There were no behavioral or situational questions. The interview was about an hour and a half total and included a basic writing exam. Everyone was very friendly and eager to answer my questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I accepted their offer because it was $10,000 more than an offer at a rival company.

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ICF (Bethesda, MD) in October 2010.

Interview

Interviewed with HR and future supervisor after applying for job online within one week of submitting my application. The entire process was not that complicated.

Negotiation

not much negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ICF (Washington, DC).

Interview

I was referred directly to the hiring manager for a specific position from an employee on a different team. HR was disorganized and more difficult to deal with than average, but still friendly and professional. At times I wondered if this was intentional/part of the interview. The interview was a full day, with 1 person from HR and 5 people on the team I was interviewing with. The interview included a lunch meeting and a meeting with HR. All the team members seemed engaged and interested in the interview, but each 20 minute interview ended 5-10 minutes early because the team members were so busy.

Interview Questions

• The interview was mostly behavioral. The only technical questions I was asked were very specifically related to past experience on my resume. I believe one person looked up a technical report that I had published through my last job, where I was part of a team. I was asked how some of the information was calculated in that report and to describe exactly what technical components I contributed.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ICF (Fairfax, VA) in December 2011.

Interview

Submitted application for Research Assistant through indeed.com; was called back, I believe, within a week. Interview was longish (met with the recruiter, then two RA's, then two associates, then one of the VPs and another senior associate, then the recruiter again at the end), but not very intensive. I wasn't asked too much about my specific skills (questions were more general, e.g. "what are your career goals," "what sort of work did you do in [college, last job]," etc.).

Interview Questions

• Don't remember many specifics (this was years ago), but I do remember not getting a lot of difficult or unexpected questions. The interviews were more like conversations, and made it feel like they genuinely just wanted to know what my goals were, what I could do, what I LIKED to do, what type of experience I had, etc.

I think at the end of the day, if you've gotten the interview for an RA position, it probably means you can do the job; they just want to make sure you're not a total psychopath in the interview. Just know about your history and goals, and how they connect to the area you're interviewing for, and you'll be fine.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. I initially balked because it would have been a far commute for me (I lived in NW DC at the time), and the recruiter basically convinced me via the "c'mooon..."-method over the phone.

Analyst Interview

Interview

Initial screening call then 2 phone interviews and in-person interview. Typical questions about work experience, tell me about a time you had to deal with x/y/z, what did you do, and why. No case study questions. Process took about 2 months from start to finish.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ICF (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

The overall interview process was very enjoyable. Started with a HR phone call to set up a time to speak the the hiring manager. Hiring manager was definitely prepared with a full understanding of my background/resume during the phone interview. Got an in-person interview which lasted a full hour, sitting down with the manager and an immediate co-worker. Was offered the position the week after.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? Have you done any work in xyz area?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiate with them. They will listen

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ICF (Fairfax, VA).

Interview

I did an initial phone screening with the recruiter, who asked me about my expectations of the position, and reviewed basic information such as salary and work hours.

I did two rounds of in-person interviews, one with my would be supervisor and another lead. They asked detailed questions about my qualifications and expectations for the position, which took over an hour.

The second interview was with another set of managers, and was less formal, but they asked similar questions as the first in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this position?
      What experience do you have with Excel and SPSS?
      Have you ever experienced issues with a manager in the past, and why?
      In what ways do you manage your time, specifically under stressful situations?
      Do you have any interest in the policies surrounding our contract?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ICF (Rockville, MD) in August 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by several people who had different questions and comments. It could be intimidating if you are not prepared for an interview. Make sure you look up the company and have your goals prepared for when they ask you.

Interview Questions

• They are very interesting in your 5 year plan, so be prepared to answer this.   Answer Question