ICF Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ICF Associate Interview Questions

22 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ICF (Fairfax, VA) in December 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with ICF for a position in August that I did not get, but the recruiter and team that I interviewed with said they would stay in touch about future positions.

Fast forward to December and one of the recruiters I had spoken to during my first interview contacted me about a position they thought I'd be a great fit for.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience with Defense Environmental Restoration Projects.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for ICF

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ICF.

Interview

I was contacted by the Recruiter after I met her in a career fair. I applied online, and within one week I had a telephonic interview. Within 2 weeks I was called for the onsite interview. There was a writing assignment as well.
    They got back to me after 4 weeks with the results of the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ICF (Washington, DC) in May 2016.

Interview

After an initial phone screening with the hiring manager I was invited for an onsite interview. I met with 5 members of the team for 30 minutes each. This was followed by a 45 minute writing assessment. This is an intimidating process on its surface, but the interviews were not very difficult or challenging. I ultimately did not get the position, but this was probably for the best, as I don't think I was a good fit for the role.

Interview Questions

• Why ICF?
      Why are you leaving your current position?
      How do you approach a research project?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Interview

it started with a phone interview then a face to face at the client site. I then was introduced to the client. The client had some awkward questions that were irrelevant, but managed to get passed that.

Interview Questions

• everything was standard except when i had to meet the client.   Answer Question

Negotiation

it is pretty hard to negotiate

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ICF (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

I got a referral through a former colleague. My resume was "fast tracked" and I got an interview almost immediately. I had at least 2 more interviews. Two phone interviews and then an in person interview and then a quick phone call with another team member on the phone (since she worked out of a different office).

Interview Questions

• How do you handle challenges with upper management? (basically what happens when you experience problems with your boss).   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at ICF.

Interview

The interviews are conducted during proposal season. The HR staff must select potential candidates to bid work for on the proposal. The job is not secure until a reward is recieved fro the participating organization. Contigency offers are sone times given to highly qualified candidates.

Interview Questions

• They will ask specific questions about evaluation strategies.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ICF (Fairfax, VA) in March 2014.

Interview

Phone interview, a series of 1:1 interviews followed up by call with recruiter. Overall a smooth, quick process what was well organized. Received offer two days after interview

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a difficult work environment and how would you have handled it differently   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ICF (Fairfax, VA) in August 2013.

Interview

Very long process - make sure to eat a large breakfast. I had 5 interviews, some were one-on-one, and some were group interviews. The final one was with my potential boss. Be prepared to connect your experience with the job description, which is very typical interview advice, but there were no unexpected curveballs here.

Negotiation

I received an offer near the top of my salary range, so I did not negotiate.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ICF in July 2013.

Interview

Applied online and received a phone call from the recruiter 1 week later. Phone screen went well, and was immediately scheduled for a phone interview with hiring manager and other staff 1 week later. Phone interview lasted over an hour, and conversation went well. Was invited for in-person interview 3 days later. 4 days before my in-person interview, was informed that funding had falling through so they were no longer hiring for the position. Disappointing, Yes. But I'm glad they told me before I got my hopes up after an in-person interview. If I'm still looking when funding comes back around, I will consider ICF.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ICF in May 2013.

Interview

One phone call interview
    One in person interview with two people
    About a month process, but was told it is normally longer

Interview Questions

Negotiation

As long as you have a reasonable justification and can back the numbers up, they are very flexible. My counter was accepted in one day.