ICF Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ICF Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at ICF

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ICF (Arlington, VA) in January 2012.

Interview

I was invited for an on-campus interview for an Associate position with ICF. The HR manager for college recruitment and an Senior Associate from the headquarters were present. They asked general behavior related questions only. Eg: Tell me about yourself. Why ICF? Describe an experience where you have to manage conflict. My interview with both person went well. However even after 2 months of the initial interview, I have yet heard back from the company. I followed up with the HR and the senior associate. But they are also not very clear what positions ICF will be hiring from on-campus students.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for ICF

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ICF (Fairfax, VA) in April 2011.

Interview

I submitted my resume at a college job fair. They contacted me 3 weeks later for a phone interview with a senior manager, which lasted 45 minutes. Two weeks later they contacted me to set up an in-person interview. The in-person interview consisted of meeting about 5 different people at different levels in the group I would be working with. In my opinion, the phone interview was more difficult than the in-person. I was asked more questions and challenged more in that conversation, while the in-person interview was really just them trying to sell the company to me. It took them 2 and a half weeks to get back to me, but they did offer me the job.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to do/why are you interested in working with our group?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a later start date to make time for a vacation I was planning. Because I was coming in with a graduate degree but no full-time professional experience they didn't negotiate the starting salary with me, but I was very satisfied with what they offered.

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ICF (Fairfax, VA) in November 2011.

Interview

Met with hiring manager and two secondary potential coworkers.

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ICF (Fairfax, VA) in January 2011.

Interview

A human capital representative reached out to me after I submitted my application via ICF's website. I had a first round interview with a member of HR who asked me some general questions and told me my salary (which was non-negotiable). After our brief conversation (10 minutes) she put me in touch with the hiring manager and arranged a phone interview for to take place the next week. After my phone interview with the hiring manager (also the on-site manager), I had a one-on-one interview with her. Then I had one more interview with a hiring panel of on-site staff.

Interview Questions

• Do you think that your master's degree aligns to this job, and if so, how?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was unable to negotiate my salary.

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, VA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ICF (Springfield, VA) in June 2008.

Interview

Hired on from subcontracting firm, they did a good job of making sure that I had the appropriate CS background and knowledge. Very professional and nice offerings from management. Learning started in the interview and continued for many years thereafter.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years?   2 Answers

Negotiation

No real negotiation phase. They made what seemed like a generous offer, but was still far below average for the area...

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ICF (Fairfax, VA) in December 2010.

Interview

Employee referral. Contacted by HR.
    1) Phone interview with HR (fit)
    2) Day-long interviews with Associate, Manager, Senior Manager and VP.

Interview Questions

• Explain Renewable Portfolio Standards. (The interview was for the Environmental Markets team)   1 Answer

Negotiation

Room to negotiate, but not much.

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ICF (Fairfax, VA) in March 2014.

Interview

Phone interview, a series of 1:1 interviews followed up by call with recruiter. Overall a smooth, quick process what was well organized. Received offer two days after interview

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a difficult work environment and how would you have handled it differently   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at ICF.

Interview

The interviews are conducted during proposal season. The HR staff must select potential candidates to bid work for on the proposal. The job is not secure until a reward is recieved fro the participating organization. Contigency offers are sone times given to highly qualified candidates.

Interview Questions

• They will ask specific questions about evaluation strategies.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ICF in July 2013.

Interview

Applied online and received a phone call from the recruiter 1 week later. Phone screen went well, and was immediately scheduled for a phone interview with hiring manager and other staff 1 week later. Phone interview lasted over an hour, and conversation went well. Was invited for in-person interview 3 days later. 4 days before my in-person interview, was informed that funding had falling through so they were no longer hiring for the position. Disappointing, Yes. But I'm glad they told me before I got my hopes up after an in-person interview. If I'm still looking when funding comes back around, I will consider ICF.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ICF (Washington, DC) in May 2011.

Interview

First I had a phone interview, once that was completed I came in for 3 in person interviews. There was a writing test and excel test.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember the most difficult or unexpected question. I do remember being exhausted by the end of the interview.   Answer Question