ICF Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ICF Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at ICF

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ICF in May 2013.

Interview

One phone call interview
One in person interview with two people
About a month process, but was told it is normally longer

Interview Questions

Negotiation

As long as you have a reasonable justification and can back the numbers up, they are very flexible. My counter was accepted in one day.

Other Interview Reviews for ICF

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ICF (Fairfax, VA) in August 2013.

Interview

Very long process - make sure to eat a large breakfast. I had 5 interviews, some were one-on-one, and some were group interviews. The final one was with my potential boss. Be prepared to connect your experience with the job description, which is very typical interview advice, but there were no unexpected curveballs here.

Negotiation

I received an offer near the top of my salary range, so I did not negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ICF (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

I got a referral through a former colleague. My resume was "fast tracked" and I got an interview almost immediately. I had at least 2 more interviews. Two phone interviews and then an in person interview and then a quick phone call with another team member on the phone (since she worked out of a different office).

Interview Questions

• How do you handle challenges with upper management? (basically what happens when you experience problems with your boss).   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ICF (Washington, DC) in May 2016.

Interview

After an initial phone screening with the hiring manager I was invited for an onsite interview. I met with 5 members of the team for 30 minutes each. This was followed by a 45 minute writing assessment. This is an intimidating process on its surface, but the interviews were not very difficult or challenging. I ultimately did not get the position, but this was probably for the best, as I don't think I was a good fit for the role.

Interview Questions

• Why ICF?
      Why are you leaving your current position?
      How do you approach a research project?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ICF.

Interview

I was contacted by the Recruiter after I met her in a career fair. I applied online, and within one week I had a telephonic interview. Within 2 weeks I was called for the onsite interview. There was a writing assignment as well.
    They got back to me after 4 weeks with the results of the interview.

Associate Interview

Application

I interviewed at ICF in March 2013.

Interview

You are contacted by an internal recruiter who will set up a telephone interview. If you pass this, then you will be invited for an in-person interview with several members of the company.

Interview Questions

• Was asked for specific Excel equations I am familiar with   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Interview

it started with a phone interview then a face to face at the client site. I then was introduced to the client. The client had some awkward questions that were irrelevant, but managed to get passed that.

Interview Questions

• everything was standard except when i had to meet the client.   Answer Question

Negotiation

it is pretty hard to negotiate

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ICF (Fairfax, VA) in December 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with ICF for a position in August that I did not get, but the recruiter and team that I interviewed with said they would stay in touch about future positions.

Fast forward to December and one of the recruiters I had spoken to during my first interview contacted me about a position they thought I'd be a great fit for.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience with Defense Environmental Restoration Projects.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Interview

I had a 20 minute phone interview first with the recruiter, then an in-person interview with the Project Manager, and received a follow-up with the recruiter to ask how everything went and if I had any outstanding questions. I was hired shortly after. The whole process took about 10 days.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ICF (New Delhi (India)) in March 2009.

Interview

The interview happened over the phone. I was asked for my academic background, expertise, Database skills.
    I was asked some database related questions and the size of mathematical problems I had handled. There were questions asked on mathematical packages used and the level of experience on those.
    There were a few question on basic analytic aptitude like how to model a simple supply chain scenario as a linear program.
    Also, there was emphasis on why I wanted to leave my current company.

Interview Questions

• How to design a complete end to end optimization system with solver tools and database design?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I accepted the offer as it was really good. Though I tried to negotiate on the break-up of fixed and bonus component. The only thing was that there was not much travel on offer. For those who don't like travelling too much, this job is really good.