ICF Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ICF Consultant Interview Questions

Interviews at ICF

3.1

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ICF (Fairfax, VA) in April 2008.

Interview

DC companies hold a job consortium every year. I participated in one of them. ICF was one of the employers. I spoke with a college alumni also working at the company then. Connections do help, A LOT, at least in taking the resumes to the right place. Recruiters do not even look at many of the resumes they receive. To be fair - there are usually too many. I had a preliminary interview then. I hold an international status. Most employers tend to be wary of such hires. ICF was too. But they came back two months later. I got a call saying that ICF wanted to review my application, as they have an opening. I had a phone interview with a recruiter. Then I was called for a main interview, or rather 5 interviews - with a recruiter, an analyst and 3 managers. Most were just general talks - 'get to know each other' type. The most important points they looked for were compatibility and quantitative skills, as the position I was applying for was very quantitative in nature.

Interview Questions

• The interview is the easiest part of ICF's hiring process.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The recruiter is pretty good at explaining what we get. But unlike other consulting firms, ICF does not believe in annual bonuses at lower levels. What you get as your base salary is pretty much what you will get. I would say you should negotiate, but not to the extent that they become uncomfortable. It really depends on how great they feel about you.

Other Interview Reviews for ICF

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ICF in March 2014.

Interview

Responded to online job posting. Had an initial phone interview with HR, then responded to specific emailed questions from two supervisors. A phone interview was then set up with two department heads on a conference call. This went well and led to two face to face interviews, each with two people. Everyone received an individual Thank You note and follow up email. 10 days after last interview contacted HR as to status of position. Was told by HR my interviews had went well and to wait, I would hear from them shortly. That was several months ago, with no word.

After investing the time and energy to meet with 7 people via phone and in-person, the least thing they could do was send a brief note indicating they were not interested in utilizing my skills for their needs.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ICF.

Interview

Several interviews with managers and recruiter. Did not pay for expenses. There was an interview with client to get their approval. The interview/introduction with client is critical as that will decide whether you will get the job or not.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at ICF (London, England (UK)) in January 2018.

Interview

45 minute home task had to be done to be invited to an interview.
    Interview was supposed to take 60 minutes and included discussing earlier task, technical issues as well as soft skills and attitude.

Interview Questions

• As the position was in Energy team, questions involved estimating energy efficiencies for different generation and usage technologies.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ICF in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online, recruiter emailed, interviewed over phone, waiting for face to face interview. Very difficult to set a time to arrange an interview since hiring manager flies around often (as expected in the consulting industry), First of all, HR was quite nice and helpful taking the initiate to coordinate a lot of the details which is what i enjoyed about it. When spoke to hiring manager, he was very open minded and clear about what he expects. All in all, a plesant interview

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to change your job?   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brussels (Belgium)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ICF (Brussels (Belgium)) in March 2015.

Interview

I met the team manager and the HR manager. They were really nice and made the situtation confortable. It all happened after working hours because it suited me that way.

Interview Questions

• What are you going to miss the most from your previous job?   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ICF in December 2009.

Interview

Friendly people. 1 brief phone interview with HR and then a group of interviews on site with other consultants and managers to discuss work skills, experience, and reason for interest in the position. Make sure you study your particular position thoroughly and have a lot of questions to ask about the work and the company in general.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ICF in March 2008.

Interview

Interviewed with the project director
    At a later date met the project team

Negotiation

Able to negotiate for 5K more than the original offer
    Able to negotiate working at home several times a month

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ICF (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Long hiring. About 1 month for the skype interview, 1 week for the face to face. Perception of people there: variable. HR seems quite incompetent and unclear. Then, some Seniors and Directors are friendly, others are quite bored of this part of their job.