ICF Interview Questions in Fairfax, VA | Glassdoor

2.6

76 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ICF (Fairfax, VA).

Interview

Took 4+ weeks, I had an initial screening, two back-to-back phone interviews, and an in-person interview in their Fairfax office. Everyone was very friendly, however they said they would get back to me about a decision and did not contact me for 2 weeks. When I followed up, they immediately told me they decided on another candidate.

Interview Questions

• What are 3 things you bring to the team that are different from other candidates?   Answer Question

Technical Expert Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ICF (Fairfax, VA) in May 2017.

Interview

Inconvenient and a waste of time. I mentioned a day during the week when I was off, but they wanted another day. My impression is that they do not consider your time at all. I had Friday off and they said it would need to be a Wednesday or Thursday because the interview would take approximately 2.5 hours. I told them: fine, please just as late as possible on one of those days. They chose Thursday at 1 pm (middle of day). I had to take off another day just to go. Fine. I lost another day's pay just to meet with them. They mentioned the job was 30 hrs per week, salary approx 85,000 a year and I could work from home. All of that fit with my other projects happening. During the interview, I met with people that were pleasant and easy going. After the interview, the HR rep, told me they closed out the job and didn't know what they wanted. They also were going to shift people around internally to fill different roles. Basically, I heard a lot of reasons why I shouldn't have even gone there because they still needed to figure out what was going on internally. Big waste of time. This was actually the 2nd interview. For the first interview, it was with other HR reps at columbia, md branch. After the first round of interview (meeting approximately 5 people each time), they took 3 weeks to get back to me . They stated: I am sorry it has taken so long to get back in touch. I wanted to let you know that the team really enjoyed meeting with you, but I have closed the position. An internal candidate coming off contract has stepped into the position. I am sorry the timing did not work out. I will hold on to your resume for future openings. Thanks,

Both of these interviews were a waste of time. It sounded like they really wanted you, but then they closed the position not even for an outside candidate. They wasted my time, costed me money, and were inconvenient with timing for second interview. I can only imagine how it is once you work with them. They seem flaky, indirect, indecisive, and unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• If you could go back in time, who would you like to meet? What era would be your favorite? What is your future goals? Where do you see yourself in the future? Why do you want to work for ICF? What is your experience with Air Quality? Are you familiar with our current program with respect to this position?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ICF (Fairfax, VA) in May 2017.

Interview

I initially applied online and was contacted about a week and a half later for a phone interview. I completed the screener and within a few days was called back to schedule an in-person interview. The in-person was at ICF's main office in Fairfax and was quite long--I was on-site for 3.5 hours meeting the team I would work with. While that was something of a marathon, it paid off. The next day, my recruiter called back and extended an offer. The total interview time from application to offer was 3-4 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in ICF?   1 Answer

Director of Performance Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ICF (Fairfax, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

From 1st contact to joining ICF, the process took ~8 weeks. It started out as informal, informational calls, graduated to interviews, and led to my accepting the position. Every person I spoke with along the journey was friendly and informative. Their love for ICF and passion for the team made the decision for me to join them easy.

Energy Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

Brief initial phone interview, followed by an in-person interview day (about 4 interviews, lunch, written assessment). Interviews were friendly and conversational; the whole process was overall non-confrontational and seemed focused on determining if my educational/work background and personality were a good fit for the team. My sense is they are looking for people with genuine enthusiasm for the energy sector so showing that is key.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a project/experience from a previous position, what you contributed, etc, especially if it involved quantitative or modeling skills.   Answer Question

Contracts Assistant Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ICF (Fairfax, VA) in January 2017.

Interview

Interview process began with a phone interview from a recruiter, followed by an in-person interview at their Fairfax office.The recruiter interview consisted more of her telling me what the position entailed rather than asking if I would be a good fit. The in-person interview started with a phone interview with someone who would have been my direct supervisor, who was located in Florida. It was slightly informal and again, was mostly telling me what the position would be about. That same day, I met with an individual who I wouldn't have had that much interaction with. This was a very informal conversation and he asked what I wanted to know about the company and if I had any questions. It was a very disorganized process from the beginning and at no time did I feel like I was actually being interviewed.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ICF (Fairfax, VA) in January 2017.

Interview

After submitting my application, I was contacted a few weeks later by a recruiter. After speaking with him on the phone, I was contacted by a second recruiter about a week later. They arranged for two separate phone interviews between me and two staff members with whom I would be working closely. About two weeks after the phone interviews, I was asked by the recruiter to set up an in-person interview with the two team members I had already spoken with plus two others I would work alongside. The in-person interview was originally four 30-minute one-on-one interviews, but 3 of the team members decided to interview me at once rather than one after the other. It took a couple of days to hear back regarding an informal offer, then a couple of weeks for a formal offer (which I told is not normal, but it took longer than anticipated for the recruiter to get approvals from higher management).

Interview Questions

• What is one word you would use to describe yourself?   Answer Question
    • How would you evaluate your own success over the next year if you were in this position?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ICF (Fairfax, VA) in December 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with ICF for a position in August that I did not get, but the recruiter and team that I interviewed with said they would stay in touch about future positions.

Fast forward to December and one of the recruiters I had spoken to during my first interview contacted me about a position they thought I'd be a great fit for.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience with Defense Environmental Restoration Projects.   Answer Question

Contracts Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ICF (Fairfax, VA) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online as well as I sent my resume to a former co-worker who now works for ICF. I met with the hiring VP for a little over an hour, discussed at length the position, expectations, the makeup of the team, and what she and the Executive VP of the business unit were looking for. I was then brought back to interview with the Executive VP. Both times the HR recruiter met me and walked me to my interviews, she was very nice and helpful. In advance of the interviews I received an email from ICF with information on the company, initiatives and goals of the company. I found the information to be very informative and helpful.

Interview Questions

• They were interested in my ability to build relationships with internal customers, specifically how in the past I have reflected the value added by me and my team to the business folks.   Answer Question

Technical Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at ICF (Fairfax, VA).

Interview

I went through a 10-15 minute phone interview with the recruiter, and then we scheduled an in-person interview with the hiring manager. This was a 90 minute interview where I learned more about the position and got to know the manager(s).