ICF Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at ICF

2.6

Sort:

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, VA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ICF (Springfield, VA) in June 2008.

Interview

Hired on from subcontracting firm, they did a good job of making sure that I had the appropriate CS background and knowledge. Very professional and nice offerings from management. Learning started in the interview and continued for many years thereafter.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years?   2 Answers

Negotiation

No real negotiation phase. They made what seemed like a generous offer, but was still far below average for the area...

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ICF (Fairfax, VA) in December 2010.

Interview

Employee referral. Contacted by HR.
    1) Phone interview with HR (fit)
    2) Day-long interviews with Associate, Manager, Senior Manager and VP.

Interview Questions

• Explain Renewable Portfolio Standards. (The interview was for the Environmental Markets team)   1 Answer

Negotiation

Room to negotiate, but not much.

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ICF (Fairfax, VA) in March 2014.

Interview

Phone interview, a series of 1:1 interviews followed up by call with recruiter. Overall a smooth, quick process what was well organized. Received offer two days after interview

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a difficult work environment and how would you have handled it differently   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at ICF.

Interview

The interviews are conducted during proposal season. The HR staff must select potential candidates to bid work for on the proposal. The job is not secure until a reward is recieved fro the participating organization. Contigency offers are sone times given to highly qualified candidates.

Interview Questions

• They will ask specific questions about evaluation strategies.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ICF in July 2013.

Interview

Applied online and received a phone call from the recruiter 1 week later. Phone screen went well, and was immediately scheduled for a phone interview with hiring manager and other staff 1 week later. Phone interview lasted over an hour, and conversation went well. Was invited for in-person interview 3 days later. 4 days before my in-person interview, was informed that funding had falling through so they were no longer hiring for the position. Disappointing, Yes. But I'm glad they told me before I got my hopes up after an in-person interview. If I'm still looking when funding comes back around, I will consider ICF.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ICF (Washington, DC) in May 2011.

Interview

First I had a phone interview, once that was completed I came in for 3 in person interviews. There was a writing test and excel test.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember the most difficult or unexpected question. I do remember being exhausted by the end of the interview.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ICF in May 2013.

Interview

One phone call interview
    One in person interview with two people
    About a month process, but was told it is normally longer

Interview Questions

Negotiation

As long as you have a reasonable justification and can back the numbers up, they are very flexible. My counter was accepted in one day.

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ICF (Fairfax, VA) in August 2013.

Interview

Very long process - make sure to eat a large breakfast. I had 5 interviews, some were one-on-one, and some were group interviews. The final one was with my potential boss. Be prepared to connect your experience with the job description, which is very typical interview advice, but there were no unexpected curveballs here.

Negotiation

I received an offer near the top of my salary range, so I did not negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ICF (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

I got a referral through a former colleague. My resume was "fast tracked" and I got an interview almost immediately. I had at least 2 more interviews. Two phone interviews and then an in person interview and then a quick phone call with another team member on the phone (since she worked out of a different office).

Interview Questions

• How do you handle challenges with upper management? (basically what happens when you experience problems with your boss).   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ICF (Washington, DC) in May 2016.

Interview

After an initial phone screening with the hiring manager I was invited for an onsite interview. I met with 5 members of the team for 30 minutes each. This was followed by a 45 minute writing assessment. This is an intimidating process on its surface, but the interviews were not very difficult or challenging. I ultimately did not get the position, but this was probably for the best, as I don't think I was a good fit for the role.

Interview Questions

• Why ICF?
      Why are you leaving your current position?
      How do you approach a research project?   Answer Question