ICF Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at ICF

2.6

Sort:

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ICF.

Interview

I was contacted by the Recruiter after I met her in a career fair. I applied online, and within one week I had a telephonic interview. Within 2 weeks I was called for the onsite interview. There was a writing assignment as well.
    They got back to me after 4 weeks with the results of the interview.

Associate Interview

Application

I interviewed at ICF in March 2013.

Interview

You are contacted by an internal recruiter who will set up a telephone interview. If you pass this, then you will be invited for an in-person interview with several members of the company.

Interview Questions

• Was asked for specific Excel equations I am familiar with   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Interview

it started with a phone interview then a face to face at the client site. I then was introduced to the client. The client had some awkward questions that were irrelevant, but managed to get passed that.

Interview Questions

• everything was standard except when i had to meet the client.   Answer Question

Negotiation

it is pretty hard to negotiate

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ICF (Fairfax, VA) in December 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with ICF for a position in August that I did not get, but the recruiter and team that I interviewed with said they would stay in touch about future positions.

Fast forward to December and one of the recruiters I had spoken to during my first interview contacted me about a position they thought I'd be a great fit for.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience with Defense Environmental Restoration Projects.   Answer Question

Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Puerto Rico, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ICF (Puerto Rico, TX) in February 2018.

Interview

The process was very simple. Only one face-to-face interview was conducted. Everything was done through the phone. They communicate on multiple occasions. All salary negotiation was by telephone and they agreed to pay what was I requested.

Interview Questions

• They asked me questions related to my professional background and to my academic preparation.   Answer Question

Software Tester Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at ICF (Washington, DC).

Interview

Invited for in-person interview. Met with technical director for 1 on 1, then manager for 1 on 1, then the HR for 1 on 1. Offer was given 3 days later by phone and email.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Software Tester Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ICF (Bethesda, MD) in September 2013.

Interview

-Phone interview with HR. Wasn't too bad, just a run through of current skills and employment.
    -Phone interview with Test lead - Same kind of thing. Run though what you do now, your capabilities, technical skills
    -Application and background check with HireRight
    -In person interview with Testers, management. Not too bad, not super formal. Everyone was very polite.
    -Call from HR, discussion of salary requirements

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They asked my current salary, and offered a few thousand on top.

Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ICF (Fairfax, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through their website. They contacted me about 10 days later for a phone interview with one of their staff. The staff person was nice but HR was disorganized, to say the least. For the phone interview, I had at one point 3 different people sending me emails trying to schedule me. I was then invited in for an in-person interview. Again, the 2 staff I met with were really nice, and I thought we got along well. The HR scheduling process for that interview was also disorganized. I was pre-scheduled for an interview during morning business hours (I am still employed elsewhere). When I wrote back to HR to propose some alternative times in the coming weeks, they were inflexible and scheduled me for that same morning time slot, 2 weeks later. They also told me that someone in HR would meet me before my interview and show me to where I would be interviewed. No one from HR showed up, and I was greeted directly by the staff member. I followed up at least twice via email with my HR contacts regarding the status of my application, but no one paid me the courtesy of actually responding. I work at a competitor of ICF's and was, up until this experience, quite interested in working at this company.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years, Discuss your experience with various technical platforms, Discuss your project management experience.   Answer Question

CHIEF MARKETING OFFICER Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ICF.

Interview

Thank you Jennie Salehi!

Although I'm not a current or former employee at ICF (which might be an additional feature for glassdoor - rate your recruiting experience prior to interviewing) I wanted to provide feedback on my recent recruiting experience with ICF. I was applying for a C-Suite position at ICF based upon an employee referral when I was contacted by Jennie Salehi. Jennie left me a voicemail to let me know that the position was closed - typically you don't hear from a recruiter if the position is no longer open, so I really appreciated her reaching out - but that's not the end of the story. Jennie went the extra mile to let me know that my resume had a formatting error - a call she didn't have to make. I called her the next day to let her know how much I appreciated what she had done. In most global organizations recruiters have become robotic and impersonal – knowing that they represent the brand of the organization and 9 out of 10 times they serve as the first brand touch point of any new hire regardless of level (first impressions still matter). There's something to be learned by Jennie's act of kindness and the fact that she was so gracious went a long way. Thank you again Jennie for your time and energy!

Network Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ICF (Columbia, MD) in August 2017.

Interview

Initially contacted by a Recruiter who pulled my Resume from a job seekers site. After an initial screen, I was set up for a telephone interview the next day. I was contacted by two technical team members who discussed the job, asked some general (standard) interview questions, and then given a quick technical assessment to gauge my skills. Overall the process took about one hour and was very cordial and professional--no pressure. I was given a job offer within 2 days.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and your career to this point.   Answer Question
    • You've had a 2 year break in employment. Please explain.   Answer Question
    • We are looking for someone passionate about cybersecurity. Explain why you want this job.   Answer Question