ICF Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

Sort:

Web Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ICF (Fairfax, VA) in June 2012.

Interview

The interview process was pretty easy. The first telephonic interview consisted of many situation based questions. Then, after a week was called for face to face with three different people. Was asked a lot of different situation based questions again. You just need to be confident in what you are speaking.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a situation where you had conflicting situation and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to join ICF International?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself after 5 years?   Answer Question
    • Will you be comfortable working on different technologies?   Answer Question

They offered me and I had my travel plans which I told the recruiter on getting the offer. The recruiter told me that there shouldn't be any problems with the travel and asked me to send the itinerary dates. I sent them and after a few hours, I got a call from the recruiter saying that they are revoking the offer. I told them that I could reschedule which I told earlier as well but without any negotiation, they just revoked and never gave back the response to my emails.They were very unprofessional in the end and it was very disappointing.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ICF (Fairfax, VA) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied via the website and was contacted 2 weeks later. The phone interview was friendly, good experience. The tech screen followed the next week. The interviewer there was clearly not interested in talking with me and deemed it a waste of time, since I am relatively new to the field. He asked things (according to friends who have done this job for years) that even experienced developers have trouble with and by the end, I was just deflated and discouraged. I didn't hear anything for two weeks. I emailed the recruiter I had spoken with originally and she replied saying something like "he thought you should've known those questions and you lack this and this and that." Along with "you should've mentioned personal projects, blogs, etc," something I have and he did not ask, so I did not know to provide. Either way, a "no, thank you" would have sufficed.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ICF in February 2014.

Interview

Discovered ICF at a university job/internship fair. Talking with the alumni recruiters inspired me to submit an application because of their stories of working with the company. I was asked to interview with them on campus 4 days later. The first round interview was in person and very pleasant - mostly behavioral. The second interview was over the phone - mostly about technology concepts.

Interview Questions

• Describe the hardest part of working on one of your most recent tech projects   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ICF in January 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who set up an initial phone screening. A week or two after he contacted me to set up an interview with a team of six people. I met with the entire group and they asked me pretty basic questions about my experience, education, and whether I wanted to specialize in an aspect of my field or go the generalist/project manager route. There were no behavioral or situational questions. The interview was about an hour and a half total and included a basic writing exam. Everyone was very friendly and eager to answer my questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I accepted their offer because it was $10,000 more than an offer at a rival company.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ICF.

Interview

In person panel interview, initially with dire tors then with other employees. Lasted 4 hours, then a few more minutes with HR.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle working under pressure?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ICF (Bethesda, MD) in October 2010.

Interview

Interviewed with HR and future supervisor after applying for job online within one week of submitting my application. The entire process was not that complicated.

Negotiation

not much negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ICF (Washington, DC).

Interview

I was referred directly to the hiring manager for a specific position from an employee on a different team. HR was disorganized and more difficult to deal with than average, but still friendly and professional. At times I wondered if this was intentional/part of the interview. The interview was a full day, with 1 person from HR and 5 people on the team I was interviewing with. The interview included a lunch meeting and a meeting with HR. All the team members seemed engaged and interested in the interview, but each 20 minute interview ended 5-10 minutes early because the team members were so busy.

Interview Questions

• The interview was mostly behavioral. The only technical questions I was asked were very specifically related to past experience on my resume. I believe one person looked up a technical report that I had published through my last job, where I was part of a team. I was asked how some of the information was calculated in that report and to describe exactly what technical components I contributed.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ICF (Fairfax, VA) in December 2011.

Interview

Submitted application for Research Assistant through indeed.com; was called back, I believe, within a week. Interview was longish (met with the recruiter, then two RA's, then two associates, then one of the VPs and another senior associate, then the recruiter again at the end), but not very intensive. I wasn't asked too much about my specific skills (questions were more general, e.g. "what are your career goals," "what sort of work did you do in [college, last job]," etc.).

Interview Questions

• Don't remember many specifics (this was years ago), but I do remember not getting a lot of difficult or unexpected questions. The interviews were more like conversations, and made it feel like they genuinely just wanted to know what my goals were, what I could do, what I LIKED to do, what type of experience I had, etc.

I think at the end of the day, if you've gotten the interview for an RA position, it probably means you can do the job; they just want to make sure you're not a total psychopath in the interview. Just know about your history and goals, and how they connect to the area you're interviewing for, and you'll be fine.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. I initially balked because it would have been a far commute for me (I lived in NW DC at the time), and the recruiter basically convinced me via the "c'mooon..."-method over the phone.

Analyst Interview

Interview

Initial screening call then 2 phone interviews and in-person interview. Typical questions about work experience, tell me about a time you had to deal with x/y/z, what did you do, and why. No case study questions. Process took about 2 months from start to finish.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ICF (Washington, DC) in September 2010.

Interview

The day of the actual in-person interview consisted of a half day long process - "round-robin" style. The team had divided up into 1 or 2 person slots to interview me.

Interview Questions

• What characteristics do you find most annoying in a supervisor?/what types of qualities do you like in a supervisor?   Answer Question