ICF Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 17, 2017

2.6

Director of Performance Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ICF (Fairfax, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

From 1st contact to joining ICF, the process took ~8 weeks. It started out as informal, informational calls, graduated to interviews, and led to my accepting the position. Every person I spoke with along the journey was friendly and informative. Their love for ICF and passion for the team made the decision for me to join them easy.

Energy Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

Brief initial phone interview, followed by an in-person interview day (about 4 interviews, lunch, written assessment). Interviews were friendly and conversational; the whole process was overall non-confrontational and seemed focused on determining if my educational/work background and personality were a good fit for the team. My sense is they are looking for people with genuine enthusiasm for the energy sector so showing that is key.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a project/experience from a previous position, what you contributed, etc, especially if it involved quantitative or modeling skills.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at ICF in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online around November 2016, and got contacted in December 2016 for the wrong level job (junior rather than mid level) I was out of the country when they called to sey up a phone interview and was not able to get back to them until mid January. I was able to set up a phone interview with their Senior Consultant. 30 minutes talking about my background and what we're my aspirations etc. The recruiter called me to let me know that I made it through the interview and if I was available for an in person interview the following week, and that they would call me Tuesday to set up the interview . Told them that I was but needed time as I lived outside of the state. Tuesday passed and finally got a call Wednesday that they didn't want to do a in person but a phone call the following week. Few days passed and no information about the interview, Friday finally came and they call me to let me know that they will not be proceeding with my application because they found a better candidate.
    The recruiter was kind and called me to let me know about this and was not left hanging any longer. I wish they would of been better coordinated in the beginning.

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at ICF (Columbia, MD) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process was made very smooth by the recruiting partner that I worked with, Adriana Brockman. She explained the interview process in advance so that I had time to gather the requested writing samples. The interview itself was panel style, although it was very low-key, more of a conversation than an examination. Be prepared to demonstrate with examples how you handled past stressful situations.

Interview Questions

• One thing I was asked was how I handled stressful situations in the past. Also, asked to give a brief demonstration of explaining a complicated process so that some one else could understand it.   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ICF in February 2017.

Interview

Applied and months later received a phone interview. After the phone interview the company did not bother to tell me I was rejected. A great company that does great work but could be more professional in their recruiting.

Interview Questions

• General resume questions, they will ask about your experience and hard skills   Answer Question

Interview

30 minute phone interview with 3 people asking questions intermittently. No personality from the people, no real conversation going on, so it was completely nerve-racking. I felt doomed within the first 5 minutes of the conversation and I was feeling inept despite the fact that I'm extremely educated and qualified for the position. But, I felt like I wasn't. I'm not saying this because I did not get the position only but because I just think that they should be more welcoming and comforting like their recruiter for their company is. They asked a question about what strategic plan what I do and I was really stumped because with social media it depends on the client and the situation and the way the wording was for that and for other questions, they were almost impossible to answer. It's like they were reading straight out of a book instead of engaging and talking to me about my experiences in a natural way. I feel that employers can learn more about a potential employee when interviewing in a conversational tone. Needless to say I was intimidated from beginning to end and as excited as I was to possibly get the job, after interviewing with them, I decided I didn't want it even if I would have been offered it. I am sure that the company is great but I understand why the position has stayed open as long as it has in over a month because of the personalities of the people interviewing.

Contracts Assistant Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ICF (Fairfax, VA) in January 2017.

Interview

Interview process began with a phone interview from a recruiter, followed by an in-person interview at their Fairfax office.The recruiter interview consisted more of her telling me what the position entailed rather than asking if I would be a good fit. The in-person interview started with a phone interview with someone who would have been my direct supervisor, who was located in Florida. It was slightly informal and again, was mostly telling me what the position would be about. That same day, I met with an individual who I wouldn't have had that much interaction with. This was a very informal conversation and he asked what I wanted to know about the company and if I had any questions. It was a very disorganized process from the beginning and at no time did I feel like I was actually being interviewed.

Health Care Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ICF (Silver Spring, MD) in January 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by the recruiter who performed the initial screening. Spoke to the hiring manager and was notified within days of the initial interview that I was accepted

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ICF (Fairfax, VA) in January 2017.

Interview

After submitting my application, I was contacted a few weeks later by a recruiter. After speaking with him on the phone, I was contacted by a second recruiter about a week later. They arranged for two separate phone interviews between me and two staff members with whom I would be working closely. About two weeks after the phone interviews, I was asked by the recruiter to set up an in-person interview with the two team members I had already spoken with plus two others I would work alongside. The in-person interview was originally four 30-minute one-on-one interviews, but 3 of the team members decided to interview me at once rather than one after the other. It took a couple of days to hear back regarding an informal offer, then a couple of weeks for a formal offer (which I told is not normal, but it took longer than anticipated for the recruiter to get approvals from higher management).

Interview Questions

• What is one word you would use to describe yourself?   Answer Question
    • How would you evaluate your own success over the next year if you were in this position?   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at ICF (New York, NY).

Interview

The hiring process took about 3-4 months. I had four interviews in the form of conference calls with managers at different levels. About 2-3weeks in between each interview. The recruiter was great, very responsive to my questions.

Interview Questions

• Asked questions about my background, experience, econometric skills, statistical capabilities, etc. No tricky questions. I enjoyed the process.   Answer Question