ICF Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at ICF

2.6

Sort:

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at ICF (Fairfax, VA) in April 2016.

Interview

I reached out to a recruiter on LinkedIn about some open positions in the field I was interested in and received a message back within less than a week. We were able to set up a phone interview with a senior associate on the team of one of the positions. The interview went well and had general resume and experience questions and how I could fit within the team. I received a call back the next day and set up an in person interview at the office less than a week later. The in person interviews were a series of one-on-one's with each team member. These were conversational and each team member gave me background information on what they did, and questions about how I could fit into some of their projects. I received an offer the next day.

Overall, I was extremely impressed with the whole process. Everyone was very professional and was genuinely interested in me and my skills/experience, but more so my personality and how I would work well with others at the company. I was in contact with the recruiter throughout the whole process, who was very helpful.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ICF (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Was contacted via email by one of ICF's recruiters a week or so after applying online. She acted as the primary point of contact throughout, arranging a set of three interviews with my potential supervisor and coworkers. For the first interview, it was in-person with my potential supervisor in a conference room at their offices. The supervisor was very friendly and nice, and the interview was conversational and relaxed. The second and third interviews were via telephone, one with a remote coworker and the other with the department VP. Both phone interviewers were very nice and helpful, and lasted about 30mins each. I then received a followup offer from the recruiter a few days after the third interview. The overall experience was very positive, professional and transparent.

Interview Questions

• Q: What are your career goals?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you resolved a challenge for a client.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ICF (Rockville, MD) in November 2014.

Interview

I submitted my resume online and was selected for a phone interview with 3 people. They made me call them at my expense and left the previous person's name in the email by mistake-very sloppy indeed.

After that, I had another interview with more people and an exam.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They did not accept any negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ICF (Washington, DC) in May 2015.

Interview

Had a series of 30 minute interviews with various people in the team, spanning about 2 hours. Questions were pretty straightforward and typical for behavioral interviews. Interviewers were very friendly and personable. No case-style questions were required.

Interview Questions

• How are your excel skills? Tell me about a situation when you handled a conflict with team members?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ICF (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

The overall interview process was very enjoyable. Started with a HR phone call to set up a time to speak the the hiring manager. Hiring manager was definitely prepared with a full understanding of my background/resume during the phone interview. Got an in-person interview which lasted a full hour, sitting down with the manager and an immediate co-worker. Was offered the position the week after.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? Have you done any work in xyz area?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiate with them. They will listen

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ICF (Fairfax, VA).

Interview

I did an initial phone screening with the recruiter, who asked me about my expectations of the position, and reviewed basic information such as salary and work hours.

I did two rounds of in-person interviews, one with my would be supervisor and another lead. They asked detailed questions about my qualifications and expectations for the position, which took over an hour.

The second interview was with another set of managers, and was less formal, but they asked similar questions as the first in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this position?
      What experience do you have with Excel and SPSS?
      Have you ever experienced issues with a manager in the past, and why?
      In what ways do you manage your time, specifically under stressful situations?
      Do you have any interest in the policies surrounding our contract?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ICF (Rockville, MD) in August 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by several people who had different questions and comments. It could be intimidating if you are not prepared for an interview. Make sure you look up the company and have your goals prepared for when they ask you.

Interview Questions

• They are very interesting in your 5 year plan, so be prepared to answer this.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ICF (Fairfax, VA).

Interview

The interview process is typical for this type of work. I was contacted by a recruiter, had a phone interview, followed by one day of in-person interviews in which i spoke with 4 people over the course of 3 meetings. Most of the interview was of a behavioraly type with some technical questions peppered in. The last interview of the day was informational in nature.

Interview Questions

• How do you organize your day when you have too many tasks?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ICF (Fairfax, VA) in May 2017.

Interview

I initially applied online and was contacted about a week and a half later for a phone interview. I completed the screener and within a few days was called back to schedule an in-person interview. The in-person was at ICF's main office in Fairfax and was quite long--I was on-site for 3.5 hours meeting the team I would work with. While that was something of a marathon, it paid off. The next day, my recruiter called back and extended an offer. The total interview time from application to offer was 3-4 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in ICF?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ICF (Fairfax, VA) in January 2017.

Interview

After submitting my application, I was contacted a few weeks later by a recruiter. After speaking with him on the phone, I was contacted by a second recruiter about a week later. They arranged for two separate phone interviews between me and two staff members with whom I would be working closely. About two weeks after the phone interviews, I was asked by the recruiter to set up an in-person interview with the two team members I had already spoken with plus two others I would work alongside. The in-person interview was originally four 30-minute one-on-one interviews, but 3 of the team members decided to interview me at once rather than one after the other. It took a couple of days to hear back regarding an informal offer, then a couple of weeks for a formal offer (which I told is not normal, but it took longer than anticipated for the recruiter to get approvals from higher management).

Interview Questions

• What is one word you would use to describe yourself?   Answer Question
    • How would you evaluate your own success over the next year if you were in this position?   Answer Question