ICF Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ICF Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at ICF

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ICF (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied on company site. Position descriptions may seem misleading (eg. senior consultant really a VP title). But, ICF seems willing to fit qualified candidates in the appropriate role. Interview process was handled professionally and relatively quickly. Interviews were not challenging and were conversational. 2Hr skills test includes excel, case study and writing. Writing test basic and excel exam should be easy -- but must be proficient. Industry-specific familiarity is helpful on the case study. Surprised by writing test -- was so simple it made me question the competence of ICF applicants. Sends a bad signal that this particular written test is even necessary. Be warned: do not give too much credence to comments hiring managers make in interview -- the offer may take a different direction from what is discussed. People are knowledgeable in very narrow specialties but limited overall business / financial application so positions would not put an MBA to extensive use. Perhaps explains why base salary at least 15% below top-tier MBA base compensation. Including all comp, pay is inferior. Negotiation is possible but limited. No stock options granted but other similar firms do offer for equivalent and even lower levels. Also, ICF persistent low profit margins suggestive of below market pay and little negotiation oppty. Check salary info on glassdoor and be comfortable with those #s (consider the ranges, not just the avg.) before committing time and effort to pursuing opportunities at ICF.

Interview Questions

• Fit / Behavioral mostly. Why ICF? Why aviation? What is the future for the industry? Working style? How does prior experience work with X position?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for ICF

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ICF.

Interview

Completely open ended, without any specific questions. It was basically "tell us what you can do for us." The description of the role given in the job announcement differed from the recruiter's description which again differed from the supervisor's description.

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ICF (Fairfax, VA).

Interview

I was recruited at a professional conference by a leader in the group I was eventually hired into. I was asked to come in person for half a day for four individual interviews with group leaders including Sr. VP. The overall process from meeting the person who recruited me, to coming in for interviews, to being offered the job was extended for various reasons including the christmas holidays and also personal travel and other factors. Overall, it lasted Dec - through February.

Interview Questions

• Describe an example of a difficult or challenging workplace situation that you were faced with and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was offered a salary by the HR recruiter assigned to me. I counter offered much higher but ended up accepting a salary that was only about $4K more than the original offer. First time out of school negotiating, so was a bit unsure about going rates.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ICF (Atlanta, GA) in July 2012.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter was fairly simple and straightforward. Face to face interview was with a vice-president who was very kind and it was a smooth process. He was very welcoming and there was no intimidation. Questions were pretty common and required overview from experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little about your background and management skills.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Smooth process, offer letter received and signed and submitted back