ICF Research Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ICF Research Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jan 9, 2017

2.5

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ICF in December 2016.

Interview

I heard back nearly five weeks after submitting an application, and quickly was scheduled for a phone interview. The phone interview went well-straightforward questions and a friendly interviewer who seemed genuinely interested in my studies. Following the phone interview, I've been invited for an in-person interview in the Fairfax office.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for ICF

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ICF.

Interview

Applied to several positions, was contacted to schedule a 30-minute over-the-phone interview about one week later. Interview was to learn about my experience, skills and interests rather than for a specific position (they were looking for someone to add to the department, but did not have a specific position in mind - "we want to fit roles to people rather than try to pigeon-hole people into roles"). Was contacted four weeks later about an opening. Interviewed in person for 3.5 hours. Talked to four different people for 30 minutes (potential colleagues) and 2 different people for 45 minutes (senior managers), all one-on-one. Was contacted by HR about three weeks later saying that I did not get the position. Continued contact with hiring manager and continued to apply for relevant positions.

About four or five weeks after the rejection, was called by a different hiring manager and was interviewed on the spot (on the phone). Was told that they had initially overlooked my resume because I was overqualified, but received a recommendation from hiring manager #1. Went in to the office the next day for a 1.5 hour interview with three different people. Received a job offer the next morning.

A background check verifying education and references is required for all new hires before their start date.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult question: Can you give be an example of a time when you had to work with two parties that had conflicting interests or friction? How did you handle the situation?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was repeatedly told that I was overqualified during the interview process. When finally offered a position, they changed the position to a higher role, which garnered a higher salary. At this point, I did not negotiate my salary as it exceeded my minimum requirement.

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ICF in September 2013.

Interview

Within days of submitting my application, a recruiter contacted me and set up a day for a Skype interview. The Skype interview lasted about 30 minutes and was pretty laid back. The questions were typical such as: What's your understanding of the job description?, What's your experience with literature reviews?. A month after my Skype interview, I was invited for an in person interview. The interview was split up into two 45 minute sessions with 4 individuals. Everyone was very friendly, and again, the questions were typical. Examples of the questions include: Why ICF? What are your topic interests? Where do you see yourself in the future? Why is management and evaluation an important tool? What is your opinion of logic models? All in all, positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were faced with an ethical dilemma.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ICF (Fairfax, VA).

Interview

Got contacted by a recruiter from ICF and was told to set up a time for a phone interview. After I set up a time it took 3 months before the actually phone interview was conducted. THe interview itself was generally easy and positive. After the interview, I was told that someone would contact me in a few days to see if I made it to the next round. I went weeks without hearing back from them.

Interview Questions

• What books have you read in the last 3 months that have had a lasting impact on your life?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ICF (Fairfax, VA) in September 2008.

Interview

The interview process was very easy. They asked me basic questions about my future (ie what would you like to do in 3, 5, and 10 years), what subjects i studied in school, and my overall GPA. I was not given a skills test, or any test for that matter. I needed to pass a background check and did not need a government clearance (govt consulting company).

I talked with 3 different people before they said they would let me know by the end of the week. By friday, i was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 10 years?   Answer Question
    • How well do you handle conflict? Describe a situation where you needed to demonstrate conflict resolution   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ICF.

Interview

They arranged a 2 hour block of interviews- 30 minutes with each person. One of the interviews had to be conducted over the phone as the hiring manager was not available in the office that day.

My contact with the company never actually let me know that I wasn't selected. I just didn't hear back from them even after a follow-up phone call on my part.

Interview Questions

• The questions weren't particularly difficult. The first interviewer wanted to know what questions I had about the company. The hiring manager wanted examples of working in a team environment.   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ICF in March 2010.

Interview

I have interviewed at ICF international for 3 different positions months apart in the same division. They showed a great deal of interest and always mention that they will contact me regarding next steps. In all instances they never actually end up following up with next steps even when I reached out to HR multiple times.

Pretty much if you hear the words next steps and hear nothing back from them after a few days. It is safe to say that you didnt get the job. I do not like their lack of follow up from HR especially if your contacted for a position that you never applied for but they kept your resume on file.

Serious interest but never an offer and bad follow up!?!! I will never apply for a position again at this company and definitely will not respond to any correspondence from HR. As I feel they may just interview just to interview to perhaps meet some sort of quota.

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ICF in February 2010.

Interview

Contacted me after giving resume at job fair. Phone interview within 10 days of sending revised resume, transcript, writing sample. In-person interview scheduled for about 2-3 weeks after phone interview. Interview lasted from morning to mid-afternoon, meeting and interviewing with co-workers at various levels. Simple writing test. Offer came within 1 week of in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• Strengths / weaknesses, areas and interest for growth and specialization   Answer Question

Negotiation

Entry-level salary was not negotiable despite several attempts to negotiate.