ICF Research Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ICF Research Assistant Interview Questions

Interviews at ICF

2.7

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ICF.

Interview

first round phone interview, second round half day in-person interviews; average process, but they took a while to get back to me; the interview process was informal and did not give me the full scope of work that I would be doing or an overview of my day to day tasks, so I, and others, felt that our role was not clearly defined while interviewing. If you go into the interview with a different set of expectations for the role you're interviewing for, be sure to ask questions about example daily tasks.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for ICF

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ICF (Rockville, MD) in May 2014.

Interview

Found the posting online and submitted my application. Was called for a brief phone screen where the salary, responsibilities, my availability was discussed. Then an in-person interview was set up where I met with 4-5 people (3 30 minute blocks). This process took less than 3 weeks. One week later, I was informed that they wanted to consider me for a higher position (Research Analyst) and asked to resubmit cover letter and resume. In less than a week ,I was given an offer.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ICF.

Interview

I was called for an initial phone screen by HR which just asked general questions about salary requirements and available start date. Within a week someone followed up to tell me when the interview would take place, which occurred 2-3 weeks later on-site. I met with 7 people over the course of 3 hours in 5 different meetings. All questions were pretty standard, behavioral interview questions and it was an overall good experience.

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ICF (Durham, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

Met with 4 current employers who were very nice and easy going. I was very comfortable talking with them. Each interviewer asked different questions as well as some of their own. I was taken to lunch as part of the interview with another Research Assistant. After lunch, I completed a writing test.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ICF in March 2015.

Interview

typical interview, behavioral questions. you meet with your potential supervisors and coworkers in individual interviews within a 2.5 hour time frame. there was an Excel piece at the end, however if you're good with Excel it's a piece of cake.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at ICF (Washington, DC) in March 2014.

Interview

Phone interview for 30 minutes. Then 5 or 6 in-person interviews, all in one day. One of them was a lunch. It was very laid back. They were nice. Do some research about their current projects to impress them.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if one of your team members were not pulling their weight?   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

Unstructured and informal. The company has many business units and I interviewed in the EET group. They like resumes that are very basic and streamlined. Interviewed onsite in Fairfax with multiple staff individually and then presented in front of several junior staff.

Interview Questions

• How does an air conditioner work?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at ICF (Jackson, MI) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online through an employee referral. Three weeks after submitting my application, I received an email from a recruiter requesting a phone interview. The phone interview lasted less than 10 minutes. He read through my resume aloud and noted my qualifications, explained the position briefly, explained the expected salary, and scheduled an onsite interview for the following week. The onsite interview consisted of four 30-minute interviews with the four project managers of my office. They each asked questions relating to my experience, my skills, and my personality. It was laid back but still very informative.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ICF (Fairfax, VA).

Interview

I was contacted by email about a week after applying to set up a phone interview. I then was invited for an in-person interview in Fairfax. Everyone at the interview session was very friendly.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ICF.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter and then had a 20min phone interview. Brought in and met with six people from the team I'd be working with over the span on 3 hours. Offered job two weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a research project you did, how you conducted it, and what you learned   Answer Question