ICF Research Assistant Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 24, 2017

2.6

28 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ICF (Fairfax, VA).

Interview

Took 4+ weeks, I had an initial screening, two back-to-back phone interviews, and an in-person interview in their Fairfax office. Everyone was very friendly, however they said they would get back to me about a decision and did not contact me for 2 weeks. When I followed up, they immediately told me they decided on another candidate.

Interview Questions

• What are 3 things you bring to the team that are different from other candidates?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for ICF

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ICF (Fairfax, VA) in December 2016.

Interview

Had a brief phone screening for general background with HR and was later contacted again to come in for an in-person interview the following week. The in-person interview would last a little over three hours and during this time I would speak with different representatives and learn more about the company.

Interview Questions

• What is your expected salary?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ICF (Fairfax, VA) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online. I had a 30 minute phone interview and then I was invited to their office for an in-person interview. I met with 3 people separately for 45 minutes each after which I was taken out for lunch by 2 associates. Everyone was really nice and welcoming. They made sure that I would be a great fit for this position as well as this position would be a great fit for me. This shows that ICF really values their employees and what they hope to do in the future. I received a call from the recruiter on the next business day offering me the job. The interview process was really quick and I gladly accepted their offer.

Interview Questions

• What programming experience do you have?
      Describe your past internship experiences.
      Do you like working with data?
      How does this job relate to your career goals?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ICF (Fairfax, VA).

Interview

I was contacted by email about a week after applying to set up a phone interview. I then was invited for an in-person interview in Fairfax. Everyone at the interview session was very friendly.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ICF (Washington, DC) in April 2016.

Interview

Called by a Project Manager who was looking for someone for a specific project. Did a 30 minute interview and was asked to do a second a couple days later. Eventually flew down for a day of interviews at the DC office. I was offered the job a week or so later.

Interview Questions

• 1. How do you handle multiple projects at once?
      2. Tell me about an experience you had with a difficult coworker?
      3. Standard behavior questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ICF (Washington, DC) in March 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with ICF International for a research assistant position in mid-March. The first interview was a phone interview with a recruiter, then I was invited for an in-person interview. Phone interview questions were pretty basic and more of a screening - walk me through your resume/ why are you interested in ICF/ what are your salary requirements. The in-person interview was a lovely experience, everyone was very warm and friendly, but definitely prepare well!!

Interview Questions

• Describe your approach to a research project.
      How do you manage your time?
      Describe how you would deal with a difficult client.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ICF (Washington, DC) in February 2016.

Interview

Interview process was very straight forward. Had a 30 minute phone screening before they called me into the office for a final round interview. The final round consisted of 6 30-minute interviews, each with different people in different positions that I would be working with. They were all very friendly and welcoming and easy to talk to. It was a bit intimidating, but they organized it so that I met with the most junior staff person first and worked my way up which was helpful. I heard back from them within a week after I let them know that I had a few competing offers, but they were my top choice.

Interview Questions

• How can your past experience be applied to this position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at ICF (Fairfax, VA) in February 2016.

Interview

I originally met with a representative for ICF International at a career fair hosted by my school. The representatives at the career fair were recruiting for a position outside of my field, but gave me contact information for recruiters within my field at the company. I then contacted the recruiter in the fall after applying online to several positions online that interested me. I got an email the next day from the recruiter informing me that my positions were not interviewing until the spring and that I should reach back out then.
    In the spring, I reached back out to ICF about the positions I was interested in and got a phone call that afternoon from a recruiter asking me about my interest in the company. A phone interview was then set-up with my now manager for the next day. After the phone interview with my now manager, I was invited into the office to have four back-to-back 30min interviews with members of my team.
    After interviewing at the office, I was shown around the building before leaving.
    The next day, I was contacted with an offer.

Overall, I really appreciated the timeliness of the ICF interview process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ICF (Fairfax, VA) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview process was standard. The first step is a phone interview (20-30 minutes), and I was then invited in for an in-person interview. I met with 3 sets of 2 people that lasted about 45 minutes each. Regarding administrative things, I was sent an interview schedule with the names and titles of everyone I was meeting with, which was quite helpful in advance.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ICF (Washington, DC).

Interview

I received a call from a recruiter to schedule a phone interview a couple of days after submitting my application. This interview, led by the principal of the division, lasted 30 minutes and consisted of pretty specific behavioral questions. After this, I was invited for an in-person interview in the office, which consisted of five thirty-minute interviews with different people on the team I was going to be working with, from research assistant to manager. The recruiter I had been speaking with throughout the process called me to offer me the position the next week.

Interview Questions

• Some questions asked included: Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult client; What is your system for managing multiple projects; and How do you respond to a team member who isn't pulling their weight? Be able to walk the interviewer through your experiences so far and convey why you want this job in particular.   1 Answer