ICF Senior Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ICF Senior Associate Interview Questions

2.7

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at ICF (New York, NY).

Interview

The hiring process took about 3-4 months. I had four interviews in the form of conference calls with managers at different levels. About 2-3weeks in between each interview. The recruiter was great, very responsive to my questions.

Interview Questions

• Asked questions about my background, experience, econometric skills, statistical capabilities, etc. No tricky questions. I enjoyed the process.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for ICF

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ICF (Richmond, VA) in September 2016.

Interview

The process began with an overview of the company. Once that concluded you began a round robin style of questions from the five member "panel" you were sitting in front of. Each member had a series of questions and they took turns asking the questions. The problem was that each member did not ask all of their questions at one time. They would randomly trade off asking the questions.

Interview Questions

• How long are you willing to fail at this job before you succeed?   1 Answer

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ICF.

Interview

Multiple phone interviews and in person interviews. I had one to one interview with section manager and senior professionals in the same section. About five personal attended my presentation.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I negotiated salary and finally agreed on a middle ground.

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ICF (Rockville, MD).

Interview

Contacted by a 3rd party recruiter. Phone interview with the recruiter, then an in-person interview at ICF with the management team I'd be working with. The setting was informal and friendly, and the team had done their research on me. They asked insightful questions and gave me a preview of the type of work they were looking for and asked how I would approach several different scenarios.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at ICF (Fairfax, VA).

Interview

I applied online and was contacted 2 weeks later by recruiter for phone screening. They then flew me in for a day of interviewing, which went well. I had to give an hour-long presentation, but wasn't told about this until the day before the interview. I managed to put something together and it went well. I met with everybody on the team, some one-on-one, some pairs, some small groups.

Interview Questions

• They mostly asked questions about my skills and experience, and how they would relate to the position.   Answer Question

I would have accepted their offer but I received a better offer from another company that seemed more interested in me. If I'm looking for a new job in the future, I will definitely look at ICF again.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at ICF (Washington, DC) in March 2015.

Interview

The two managers who interviewed me were fair, kind, and asked productive questions pertaining to my research and my thoughts on how best to conduct the work required for the position. The only downside was that the HR contact instructed me to prepare an entire presentation, which was never mentioned during the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why would you choose this position over an academic position?   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ICF.

Interview

I had about 4 interviews before receiving the job. Pretty typical interview process. Anything you find in a standard interviewers guide you will be asked. That is of course unique to my position. it may be different depending on the kind of position/contract you apply for.

Negotiation

I had to negotiate salary. They really underballed me.

Senior Associate Interview

Interview

I first had an interview with HR. This phone screen took approximately 20 minutes and was quite general. I then had a second phone interview with the person who was in a similar position. This lasted about 40 minutes. After this, I was informed that they would fly me out for an in person interview. This lasted about 2 hours, and I met with 4 people, including the hiring manager. It was fairly informal and felt more like a conversation. I had one final phone interview with a remote manager and was then offered the position. I was able to negotiate salary and moving expenses were covered. The whole process took about 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• The questions were not too challenging. They did ask about a time when I managed a project start to finished that required a high level of attention to detail.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Always negotiate

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at ICF in March 2014.

Interview

360 interview with hr, staff, mangers and principal. Some phone and some in person. The delay in hiring was beyond their control. HR screens, interviews with hiring managers and then meet staff. Good communication. Very smart managers. Overall, very professional.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at ICF (Washington, DC).

Interview

Very slow and disorganized process. Expect a phone interview with several people, then repeat in person. Having an inside person is the only way to get hired unless you are entry level.

Interview Questions

• None. Very standard questions. Interviewers will go off script if you lead the conversation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

HR recruiters lied about bonuses and benefits. Do not believe them. There was no flexibility to negotiate on.