ICF Senior Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ICF Senior Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at ICF

2.6

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at ICF (New York, NY).

Interview

The hiring process took about 3-4 months. I had four interviews in the form of conference calls with managers at different levels. About 2-3weeks in between each interview. The recruiter was great, very responsive to my questions.

Interview Questions

• Asked questions about my background, experience, econometric skills, statistical capabilities, etc. No tricky questions. I enjoyed the process.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for ICF

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ICF (Richmond, VA) in September 2016.

Interview

The process began with an overview of the company. Once that concluded you began a round robin style of questions from the five member "panel" you were sitting in front of. Each member had a series of questions and they took turns asking the questions. The problem was that each member did not ask all of their questions at one time. They would randomly trade off asking the questions.

Interview Questions

• How long are you willing to fail at this job before you succeed?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at ICF (Portland, OR) in January 2018.

Interview

This was the most pleasant interview/hiring process I’ve ever experienced, without question. Everyone I communicated with was direct yet self-effacing, and met me with genuine appreciation. Initial application submitted through Glassdoor in late-October of 2017. Received a call from HR in November, inquiring about my general interest in the position and desired salary range. During the call, we scheduled my first phone interview with someone at the local Portland office, following the Thanksgiving holiday. The resulting call went smoothly. I was informed that the interview process could continue into the new year, due to end-of-year projects and the holidays. I was fine with this, and was impressed with the transparency. In mid-January, HR contacted me for in-person interviews at the local office: a one-on-one, followed by a panel of three. I had an excellent time. In the days that followed, HR contacted me for a phone interview with someone at a regional office. I really enjoyed this call -- as if I was speaking with a friend, rather than being interviewed. The next day, HR contacted me to speak with someone at an east-coast office. I enjoyed this call as well. The next day, HR contacted me for an in-person interview with the person at the regional office, who would be in town the following week. This was a great meeting, and I felt completely welcomed. About a week or so later, HR called to inform me that ICF would be extending an offer letter.

Interview Questions

• How has your previous work experience prepared you for this role?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ICF (Fairfax, VA) in January 2012.

Interview

I was approached by an ICF employee to discuss an opening with the company. I had interviews with middle management personnel at ICF headquarters and with the clients on client site. The questions from both interviews were largely focused on my previous experience and how it related to the work I would be doing for the client. I received an offer the day after my interview with the client.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was offered a lower salary than I had submitted, but received a sign-on bonus for the difference.

Senior Associate Interview

Interview

I first had an interview with HR. This phone screen took approximately 20 minutes and was quite general. I then had a second phone interview with the person who was in a similar position. This lasted about 40 minutes. After this, I was informed that they would fly me out for an in person interview. This lasted about 2 hours, and I met with 4 people, including the hiring manager. It was fairly informal and felt more like a conversation. I had one final phone interview with a remote manager and was then offered the position. I was able to negotiate salary and moving expenses were covered. The whole process took about 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• The questions were not too challenging. They did ask about a time when I managed a project start to finished that required a high level of attention to detail.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Always negotiate

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ICF.

Interview

I had about 4 interviews before receiving the job. Pretty typical interview process. Anything you find in a standard interviewers guide you will be asked. That is of course unique to my position. it may be different depending on the kind of position/contract you apply for.

Negotiation

I had to negotiate salary. They really underballed me.

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ICF (Fairfax, VA) in October 2012.

Interview

I received a call from a recruiter who found my resume in their database. She sent me the position description and we scheduled a time for a phone interview. The phone interview was about an hour long. After the phone interview I was asked to come in a meet the hiring team. I had about four 45 min interviews. Since the hiring manager was not in the office on that day I also had a phone interview with her two days later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No able to negotiate. Be sure you do your research when asked about your salary requirements.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at ICF (Washington, DC).

Interview

Very slow and disorganized process. Expect a phone interview with several people, then repeat in person. Having an inside person is the only way to get hired unless you are entry level.

Interview Questions

• None. Very standard questions. Interviewers will go off script if you lead the conversation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

HR recruiters lied about bonuses and benefits. Do not believe them. There was no flexibility to negotiate on.

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ICF (Fairfax, VA) in November 2008.

Interview

Asked Questions on Resume.
    Object Oriented Design, Design Patterns, Java Script, Object Literal Java Script, Company Processes, Software Development Practices etc.

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ICF.

Interview

Multiple phone interviews and in person interviews. I had one to one interview with section manager and senior professionals in the same section. About five personal attended my presentation.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I negotiated salary and finally agreed on a middle ground.