ICF Senior Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ICF Senior Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at ICF

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ICF (Washington, DC) in February 2016.

Interview

Initial interview was fine -- HR consultant was great; we had a great conversation. Second interview was with two people in the unit that the job was in. The interview was via Skype and they could not get their Skype to work. So after 15 minutes, we resorted to the telephone. The first thing out of one of the people's mouths was that she had to leave the interview in five minutes to go to an internal meeting, So right off the bat, I felt as though I was wasting my time. It was clear as I talked with the one person who could actually stay for the scheduled interview, that the job description had not been updated as it was a different position than what the person was describing. I withdrew my name from consideration immediately after the interview as I was completely unimpressed. For a senior level position, the company did not seem to have its act together, nor could senior leadership agree on the job description. I followed the job afterwards out of curiosity and saw that it was open for months and months. The company has a good reputation, so I was disappointed with the interview experience.

Interview Questions

• I was asked numerous questions that were not surprising for the job. All were reasonable questions.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for ICF

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ICF (Washington, DC) in March 2016.

Interview

Phone screenings: 2 with HR recruiters, 3 phone interviews with staff I would be working with (all in remote locations), 1 interview with the person I would be replacing.In person: 2 interviews with staff I would be workng with, 2 interviews with my supervisors. All interviews were a combination of informational (very much a 2 way conversation) and mildly investigational (they were trying to get an understanding of the real experience beyond the resume).

Interview Questions

• No silly trick questions - they asked about experiences and management style.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiate went well for start date but poor for salary. Final salary was below the range of what was discussed in the original job description as proposed by the initial HR Rep

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at ICF (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Interview process was very thorough. I was first interviewed over the phone by HR, then a couple of weeks later by hiring manager. This was followed by an in-person interview with the hiring manager and her boss, the business unit's VP. And following that, a few more weeks alter, I was interviewed in-person by two senior members of my future team.
    My overall impression is that everyone knew what they were looking for and what they wanted in their future colleague. There were a lot of specific questions about skill sets, people I knew, and my overall attitudes and approaches to real life workplace situations. There was absolutely no way to "fake" one's way through this process.

Interview Questions

• What is your management style like?
      How would handle _______?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ICF (Fairfax, VA) in February 2014.

Interview

Phone screen, followed by multiple one on one interviews over the course of a single day. Interviewers asked both technical and behaviorally based questions, but did not use a structured protocol, as each interviewer asked slightly different questions. Interviewers provided information about the role and provided candid answers to questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had to handle a situation with a difficult client. What approach did you take and weekday was the outcome?   Answer Question