ICF Senior Research Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ICF Senior Research Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at ICF

3.3

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ICF (Fairfax, VA).

Interview

The interview was 5 hours. Includes a half hour presentation with 30 minutes of discussion, and lunch with a team member. I interviewed individually with 3 senior level managers, as well as with 3 junior team members at once. It's a long day, but typical for PhD level researchers. ICF will pay for travel and accommodations for the interview. I did not relocate, but I do know that they also have a relocation program should you choose to move for this job. I was hired almost immediately after interviewing.

The interview was a few weeks after I submitted my application, but only because I was traveling and couldn't interview immediately. Prior to the interview, I had a phone screening with a person from HR.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They are not known for negotiating salaries, nor are they known for paying well. I was offered a salary $13,000 below the market rate, and was only able to negotiate an additional $3,000. I took the job because no other companies were hiring at the time, but left a year later.

Other Interview Reviews for ICF

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ICF (Atlanta, GA) in November 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very good. ICF was clear about the hiring timeline and expectations. They answered all my questions and helped me feel good about considering the position. I wish I had negotiated a little more.

Interview Questions

• Previous experience; Career goals; Managing hectic schedules and deadlines   Answer Question

Senior Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ICF.

Interview

The interview was telephonic with two senior management staff interviewing from Washington D.C. office. It went for around 50 minutes. The interviewers described about the company and the job profile that I was interviewed for. They were very listening and allowed me to take time to answer the questions. They also clarified about the issues that I had in my mind

Interview Questions

• They asked about my doctoral work, previous work experiences, technical skills and other other proficiencies   Answer Question