ICF Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

2.6

138 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ICF (Arlington, VA) in December 2017.

Interview

This was the easiest interview I have ever been to. Both my interviewers were very friendly and answered any questions I had. It was more them telling me about the position and getting to know me. I felt very relaxed and comfortable!

Capture Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ICF (Fairfax, VA) in October 2017.

Interview

Pinged by a recruiter on LinkedIn who arranged a call with the hiring manager. Was given a skills test to complete with ample time to complete it followed up by a couple more phone interviews. Final step was an in person interview. All interviews were laid back and put me at ease allowing opportunity to really discuss capabilities and strengths.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ICF (Fairfax, VA) in August 2017.

Interview

Very good process. I enjoyed the interview, and while it might have been a lengthy process, it was well worth it. The whole process was done over the phone. Everyone was very nice; it wasn't an intense at all. I look forward to working for this company.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ICF (Fairfax, VA).

Interview

Took 4+ weeks, I had an initial screening, two back-to-back phone interviews, and an in-person interview in their Fairfax office. Everyone was very friendly, however they said they would get back to me about a decision and did not contact me for 2 weeks. When I followed up, they immediately told me they decided on another candidate.

Interview Questions

• What are 3 things you bring to the team that are different from other candidates?   Answer Question

SummerOil and Gas Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ICF (Fairfax, VA) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview was conducted via phone and lasted approximately 30 minutes. I was given the chance to ask questions myself and was asked to answer numerous question related to my experience with oil and gas.

Interview Questions

• What kind of position do you prefer?   1 Answer

Computer Science Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ICF (Washington, DC) in June 2017.

Interview

It was a standard interview. Interviewer informed me of company and job requirements. It was pretty easy going and I learned a lot about the company during the process. As long as one prepares on should be fine.

Technical Expert Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ICF (Fairfax, VA) in May 2017.

Interview

Inconvenient and a waste of time. I mentioned a day during the week when I was off, but they wanted another day. My impression is that they do not consider your time at all. I had Friday off and they said it would need to be a Wednesday or Thursday because the interview would take approximately 2.5 hours. I told them: fine, please just as late as possible on one of those days. They chose Thursday at 1 pm (middle of day). I had to take off another day just to go. Fine. I lost another day's pay just to meet with them. They mentioned the job was 30 hrs per week, salary approx 85,000 a year and I could work from home. All of that fit with my other projects happening. During the interview, I met with people that were pleasant and easy going. After the interview, the HR rep, told me they closed out the job and didn't know what they wanted. They also were going to shift people around internally to fill different roles. Basically, I heard a lot of reasons why I shouldn't have even gone there because they still needed to figure out what was going on internally. Big waste of time. This was actually the 2nd interview. For the first interview, it was with other HR reps at columbia, md branch. After the first round of interview (meeting approximately 5 people each time), they took 3 weeks to get back to me . They stated: I am sorry it has taken so long to get back in touch. I wanted to let you know that the team really enjoyed meeting with you, but I have closed the position. An internal candidate coming off contract has stepped into the position. I am sorry the timing did not work out. I will hold on to your resume for future openings. Thanks,

Both of these interviews were a waste of time. It sounded like they really wanted you, but then they closed the position not even for an outside candidate. They wasted my time, costed me money, and were inconvenient with timing for second interview. I can only imagine how it is once you work with them. They seem flaky, indirect, indecisive, and unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• If you could go back in time, who would you like to meet? What era would be your favorite? What is your future goals? Where do you see yourself in the future? Why do you want to work for ICF? What is your experience with Air Quality? Are you familiar with our current program with respect to this position?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ICF (Fairfax, VA) in May 2017.

Interview

I initially applied online and was contacted about a week and a half later for a phone interview. I completed the screener and within a few days was called back to schedule an in-person interview. The in-person was at ICF's main office in Fairfax and was quite long--I was on-site for 3.5 hours meeting the team I would work with. While that was something of a marathon, it paid off. The next day, my recruiter called back and extended an offer. The total interview time from application to offer was 3-4 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in ICF?   1 Answer

Video Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ICF (Rockville, MD) in April 2017.

Interview

met with the creative team, talked about my past experience and how I view clients and working with creatives and different size budgets. how past experience would fit in with opportunities here and how I like collaboration. What area would I like to grow in

Director of Performance Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ICF (Fairfax, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

From 1st contact to joining ICF, the process took ~8 weeks. It started out as informal, informational calls, graduated to interviews, and led to my accepting the position. Every person I spoke with along the journey was friendly and informative. Their love for ICF and passion for the team made the decision for me to join them easy.