ICF Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

2.6

135 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Health Care Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ICF (Silver Spring, MD) in January 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by the recruiter who performed the initial screening. Spoke to the hiring manager and was notified within days of the initial interview that I was accepted

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ICF (Fairfax, VA) in January 2017.

Interview

After submitting my application, I was contacted a few weeks later by a recruiter. After speaking with him on the phone, I was contacted by a second recruiter about a week later. They arranged for two separate phone interviews between me and two staff members with whom I would be working closely. About two weeks after the phone interviews, I was asked by the recruiter to set up an in-person interview with the two team members I had already spoken with plus two others I would work alongside. The in-person interview was originally four 30-minute one-on-one interviews, but 3 of the team members decided to interview me at once rather than one after the other. It took a couple of days to hear back regarding an informal offer, then a couple of weeks for a formal offer (which I told is not normal, but it took longer than anticipated for the recruiter to get approvals from higher management).

Interview Questions

• What is one word you would use to describe yourself?   Answer Question
    • How would you evaluate your own success over the next year if you were in this position?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ICF (Fairfax, VA) in December 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with ICF for a position in August that I did not get, but the recruiter and team that I interviewed with said they would stay in touch about future positions.

Fast forward to December and one of the recruiters I had spoken to during my first interview contacted me about a position they thought I'd be a great fit for.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience with Defense Environmental Restoration Projects.   Answer Question

Contracts Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ICF (Fairfax, VA) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online as well as I sent my resume to a former co-worker who now works for ICF. I met with the hiring VP for a little over an hour, discussed at length the position, expectations, the makeup of the team, and what she and the Executive VP of the business unit were looking for. I was then brought back to interview with the Executive VP. Both times the HR recruiter met me and walked me to my interviews, she was very nice and helpful. In advance of the interviews I received an email from ICF with information on the company, initiatives and goals of the company. I found the information to be very informative and helpful.

Interview Questions

• They were interested in my ability to build relationships with internal customers, specifically how in the past I have reflected the value added by me and my team to the business folks.   Answer Question

Technical Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at ICF (Fairfax, VA).

Interview

I went through a 10-15 minute phone interview with the recruiter, and then we scheduled an in-person interview with the hiring manager. This was a 90 minute interview where I learned more about the position and got to know the manager(s).

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ICF (Fairfax, VA) in December 2016.

Interview

Had a brief phone screening for general background with HR and was later contacted again to come in for an in-person interview the following week. The in-person interview would last a little over three hours and during this time I would speak with different representatives and learn more about the company.

Interview Questions

• What is your expected salary?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ICF (Washington, DC) in December 2016.

Interview

Recruiter called to schedule a 30 minute interview. We discussed my background and a timeline for the hiring process. I was contacted that afternoon for an in-person interview. Overall, I was satisfied with the process.

Contracts Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ICF (Fairfax, VA) in December 2016.

Interview

Interview process consisted of an initial phone interview with a recruiter, followed by an in-person interview at their Fairfax office. Phone interview with recruiter went fine, but everything after soured my impression of this company. I had to play a game of phone tag in order to reach the second recruiter who was to set up the in-person interview. This was an effort that spanned over the course of a week or more as the recruiter was not very easy to get ahold of. I was not given an email to contact her, only a phone number, which was inconvenient. Nonetheless, I remained patient as she worked to align all individuals' schedules. After finally securing an interview in person, I was to meet with three different individuals, one of which who, upon my arrival, was sick and switched out at the last minute for another person. Last-minute interview with the first two individuals from the Contracts department went decently, but the second interview with a manager was absolutely terrible. He seemed completely disinterested in anything I had to say, and looked like he was about to fall asleep on that spot. It didn't seem like he had even taken a single glance at my resume before I stepped into the room. After barely asking me any questions, we concluded the interview. After not hearing back for two weeks from the recruiter, I followed up. I was informed that they were still reviewing candidates and determining next steps. After this communication, they never bothered to give me any further updates. Given that I was applying out of state and had gone through the trouble of traveling several hours to that interview, I found it rather unprofessional that a potential candidate be treated this way.

Interview Questions

• What sort of experience do you have working in Contracts?   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ICF (Fairfax, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process I went through was fantastic. My recruiter was thorough and highly organized. I never had to worry where I stood or what was going on, she always updated me on whatever was going on. I also felt very prepared throughout my interview process thanks to my recruiter.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking to leave your company?   2 Answers

Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ICF (Fairfax, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process was fast and organized. My recruiter was amazing. He kept me informed of what was going on, always responded to my emails immediately, and he was highly organized. I also felt very prepared going into my interview of how the company functions and what to expect and what was expected of me. If hired and need a clearance, be prepared to wait (weeks or months) before starting.