ICF Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

2.6

32 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ICF (Washington, DC) in December 2016.

Interview

Recruiter called to schedule a 30 minute interview. We discussed my background and a timeline for the hiring process. I was contacted that afternoon for an in-person interview. Overall, I was satisfied with the process.

Senior Associate, Monitoring and Evaluation Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ICF (Washington, DC) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process lasted approximately 2 weeks. It was very efficient and the HR representatives were responsive throughout the process.

I applied for the position online and had a first round interview with the HR representative two days later. Early the following week, I had an in-person interview with my supervisors, phone call interviews with two potential supervisors, and an in-person interview with our USG client.

After the interview with the client, I received an informal offer e-mail welcoming me to the team. Afterwards, the HR representative and I had a couple phone calls over the next few days, negotiating terms of employment, including start date and salary.

I accepted the offer and started 3 weeks later!

Interview Questions

• One of the first questions the HR representative asked me was how much money I made at my current job. I was hesitant to answer because I was underpaid and working at a nonprofit prior to joining ICF. I asked her for a range for the position, which she gave me, but the offer ended up being under the salary range that she had originally posited because they partially based it off of how much I made in my previous role. While I didn't reveal the exact number, I gave the HR rep a range because she was very insistent, asking a few different times and insisting she needed a number in order to move forward with the process. I'm concerned I was low-balled, but it's an incredible opportunity where I know I will grow professionally.

When I interviewed with my current supervisors, they asked me typical interview questions that ranged from my past experience, to how I work with others, to technical questions about monitoring and evaluation and maternal and child health, which are the main functional areas of my position.

Everyone was very kind throughout the entire process. I just wish I had been in a better position to negotiate my salary.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ICF (Washington, DC) in May 2016.

Interview

After an initial phone screening with the hiring manager I was invited for an onsite interview. I met with 5 members of the team for 30 minutes each. This was followed by a 45 minute writing assessment. This is an intimidating process on its surface, but the interviews were not very difficult or challenging. I ultimately did not get the position, but this was probably for the best, as I don't think I was a good fit for the role.

Interview Questions

• Why ICF?
      Why are you leaving your current position?
      How do you approach a research project?   Answer Question

Subject Matter Expert Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ICF (Washington, DC) in May 2016.

Interview

Personalized contact with recruiter who seemed actively interested in finding me the right fit, followed by a focused series of discussions with the hiring manager. The team was very helpful and friendly, willing to assist me in any way.

Interview Questions

• What my experience and expertise was.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ICF (Washington, DC) in April 2016.

Interview

Called by a Project Manager who was looking for someone for a specific project. Did a 30 minute interview and was asked to do a second a couple days later. Eventually flew down for a day of interviews at the DC office. I was offered the job a week or so later.

Interview Questions

• 1. How do you handle multiple projects at once?
      2. Tell me about an experience you had with a difficult coworker?
      3. Standard behavior questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ICF (Washington, DC) in March 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with ICF International for a research assistant position in mid-March. The first interview was a phone interview with a recruiter, then I was invited for an in-person interview. Phone interview questions were pretty basic and more of a screening - walk me through your resume/ why are you interested in ICF/ what are your salary requirements. The in-person interview was a lovely experience, everyone was very warm and friendly, but definitely prepare well!!

Interview Questions

• Describe your approach to a research project.
      How do you manage your time?
      Describe how you would deal with a difficult client.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ICF (Washington, DC) in March 2016.

Interview

Phone screenings: 2 with HR recruiters, 3 phone interviews with staff I would be working with (all in remote locations), 1 interview with the person I would be replacing.In person: 2 interviews with staff I would be workng with, 2 interviews with my supervisors. All interviews were a combination of informational (very much a 2 way conversation) and mildly investigational (they were trying to get an understanding of the real experience beyond the resume).

Interview Questions

• No silly trick questions - they asked about experiences and management style.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiate went well for start date but poor for salary. Final salary was below the range of what was discussed in the original job description as proposed by the initial HR Rep

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ICF (Washington, DC) in February 2016.

Interview

Initial interview was fine -- HR consultant was great; we had a great conversation. Second interview was with two people in the unit that the job was in. The interview was via Skype and they could not get their Skype to work. So after 15 minutes, we resorted to the telephone. The first thing out of one of the people's mouths was that she had to leave the interview in five minutes to go to an internal meeting, So right off the bat, I felt as though I was wasting my time. It was clear as I talked with the one person who could actually stay for the scheduled interview, that the job description had not been updated as it was a different position than what the person was describing. I withdrew my name from consideration immediately after the interview as I was completely unimpressed. For a senior level position, the company did not seem to have its act together, nor could senior leadership agree on the job description. I followed the job afterwards out of curiosity and saw that it was open for months and months. The company has a good reputation, so I was disappointed with the interview experience.

Interview Questions

• I was asked numerous questions that were not surprising for the job. All were reasonable questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ICF (Washington, DC) in February 2016.

Interview

Interview process was very straight forward. Had a 30 minute phone screening before they called me into the office for a final round interview. The final round consisted of 6 30-minute interviews, each with different people in different positions that I would be working with. They were all very friendly and welcoming and easy to talk to. It was a bit intimidating, but they organized it so that I met with the most junior staff person first and worked my way up which was helpful. I heard back from them within a week after I let them know that I had a few competing offers, but they were my top choice.

Interview Questions

• How can your past experience be applied to this position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ICF (Washington, DC).

Interview

I received a call from a recruiter to schedule a phone interview a couple of days after submitting my application. This interview, led by the principal of the division, lasted 30 minutes and consisted of pretty specific behavioral questions. After this, I was invited for an in-person interview in the office, which consisted of five thirty-minute interviews with different people on the team I was going to be working with, from research assistant to manager. The recruiter I had been speaking with throughout the process called me to offer me the position the next week.

Interview Questions

• Some questions asked included: Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult client; What is your system for managing multiple projects; and How do you respond to a team member who isn't pulling their weight? Be able to walk the interviewer through your experiences so far and convey why you want this job in particular.   1 Answer