ICMA-RC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ICMA-RC Interview Questions

Updated Apr 27, 2017

2.5

Senior Fund Manager Interview

Interview

The contacted me initially for a phone interview and then I did two rounds in their offices. Process was very long and their HR department was not good at following up or communicating their final decision.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ICMA-RC (Washington, DC) in February 2017.

Interview

I was submitted through a staffing firm who has a contract with ICMA-RC. The interview process consisted of multiple phone screens and face to face interviews. They were very thorough in their process.

Interview Questions

• A lot of questions around Agile Development and management style of teams.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ICMA-RC (Washington, DC) in May 2016.

Interview

It was a phone interview. It is said several rounds, but i just attend the first one. the HR gave me a phone call and it lasted about 20 minutes. Later i received a rejection letter. The HR was very nice, but I knew there are a large chunk of employees

Client Services Division Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ICMA-RC.

Interview

As an internal candidate I feel the interview process had a great flow from communicating with the HR recruiter to the hiring manager/division head. There was a hurdle in that the manager was promoted so a new manager would also need to be hired. This situation could possibly delay the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• What makes you different to other applicants? What do you bring to the team?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ICMA-RC.

Interview

I went through phone interview and on-site interview. The phone interview was with HR and the on-site interview was with supervisor and group members. Interviewers are all very nice and professional.

Interview Questions

• Where would you like to be 5 years or 10 years from now   Answer Question

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ICMA-RC (Washington, DC) in October 2014.

Interview

Recruiter calls, does not know about IT or the position...wants to read it verbatim to me. Good thing I am using my time in the car on blu-tooth. Interviewer calls and calls late. This will become a pattern. Have 2 in person interviews and for each one, the interviewer from the IT department was over 30 minutes late. It you like being kept on ice without even the offer of coffee, than this will be the place for you.

Interview Questions

• Not unexpected or difficult... simply "tell me about yourself and why you want to work here".   1 Answer

Received better and more interesting offer.

Client Services Division Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ICMA-RC (Washington, DC) in October 2014.

Interview

Great Firm in a growing industry but the interview process is disorganized and multi layered with Human Resources in conflict with the individual departments. Avoid Client services division positions.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work open 8:30am to close 9pm Monday thru Friday for the 1st two years?   Answer Question
    • Can the same Jobs/ position titles be paid more than Client Services Department for less workload?   1 Answer
    • How would define "market competitive pay" & Why does it include "Total Rewards" which is 8 components instead of just base salary?   1 Answer
    • How should "Internal Equity" & market imbalances Vs " External Equity" handled at TPA type Financial Firm?   Answer Question

spoke w/ EE during smoke break & learned that handful mgrs and EEs were sueing other mgrs + EEs plus promotions not based on merit

Web Applications Programmer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ICMA-RC in July 2014.

Interview

First had a phone interview the architect and then it was followed by face to face interview in the DC office.
    Face-Face interview was in two parts. First part two managers and the director interviewed me on various situational based questions. Questions were to evaluate the leadership and managerial skills.
    Second part was the technical interview with the architect. It was fairly technical considering more detailed technical interviews that I have gone through at other places.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions were tough as they asked to back it up with real situations.   Answer Question

The offer was low end compared to similar positions in the market, specially considering the high cost of living in the area. Also they offered the lowest end of the range that was mentioned to me to begin with.

Interview

Very easy - sit down interview. Was also very quick.

Investor Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ICMA-RC (Washington, DC) in October 2013.

Interview

The HR interview was simple they simply explained the job and benefits and asked if I would be interested in continuing the process. I did, so I next interviewed with 2 managers and they asked a lot of scenario questions. They also asked questions to get to know how my previous experience related to the position I was interviewing for and what personal experiences could i use to be innovative in my new role.

Interview Questions

• If a participant asked for a withdrawal and they didnt qualify for it how would I handle that?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate I attempted to but was denied.