ICMA-RC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at ICMA-RC

2.5

Client Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ICMA-RC (Washington, DC) in August 2013.

Interview

Initial phone interview with recruiter was very positive -- We spoke about my goals and current position and why I was interested in ICMA RC. Recruiter was very helpful and set up in-person interview with 2 ladies from HR the next week. They took turns asking me behavioral questions (sometimes consulting each other which question to ask) and asked about my background. After their screening was over, they left and the initial recruiter came back in and showed me around their building and departments.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to use your listening skills to solve a problem.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ICMA-RC (Washington, DC) in May 2016.

Interview

It was a phone interview. It is said several rounds, but i just attend the first one. the HR gave me a phone call and it lasted about 20 minutes. Later i received a rejection letter. The HR was very nice, but I knew there are a large chunk of employees

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ICMA-RC.

Interview

I went through phone interview and on-site interview. The phone interview was with HR and the on-site interview was with supervisor and group members. Interviewers are all very nice and professional.

Interview Questions

• Where would you like to be 5 years or 10 years from now   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ICMA-RC (Washington, DC) in February 2017.

Interview

I was submitted through a staffing firm who has a contract with ICMA-RC. The interview process consisted of multiple phone screens and face to face interviews. They were very thorough in their process.

Interview Questions

• A lot of questions around Agile Development and management style of teams.   Answer Question

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ICMA-RC (Washington, DC) in October 2014.

Interview

Recruiter calls, does not know about IT or the position...wants to read it verbatim to me. Good thing I am using my time in the car on blu-tooth. Interviewer calls and calls late. This will become a pattern. Have 2 in person interviews and for each one, the interviewer from the IT department was over 30 minutes late. It you like being kept on ice without even the offer of coffee, than this will be the place for you.

Interview Questions

• Not unexpected or difficult... simply "tell me about yourself and why you want to work here".   1 Answer

Received better and more interesting offer.

Interview

Very easy - sit down interview. Was also very quick.

Web Applications Programmer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ICMA-RC in July 2014.

Interview

First had a phone interview the architect and then it was followed by face to face interview in the DC office.
    Face-Face interview was in two parts. First part two managers and the director interviewed me on various situational based questions. Questions were to evaluate the leadership and managerial skills.
    Second part was the technical interview with the architect. It was fairly technical considering more detailed technical interviews that I have gone through at other places.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions were tough as they asked to back it up with real situations.   Answer Question

The offer was low end compared to similar positions in the market, specially considering the high cost of living in the area. Also they offered the lowest end of the range that was mentioned to me to begin with.

Investor Services Associate I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ICMA-RC (Washington, DC) in April 2012.

Interview

First was a phone screening w/ HR to explain the position and gauge interest, this was fairly easy and was very relaxed. After speaking w/ HR a face to face was scheduled.

The face to face was very relaxed at the Washington DC offices. It consisted of 2 managers and the director for client services all 3 at the same time. The people interviewing were very friendly and I had their full attention. This was one of the most laid back conversational panel interviews I have ever participated in, in fact this was a very easy interview which made it that much better.

Interview Questions

The salary offered was very conservative for the area's high cost of living. There was no wiggle room for negotiation. I was also never told I would not be eligible for the company bonus program until a year later, had that have not been the case I would have probably accepted the position.

Executive Assistant/Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ICMA-RC (Washington, DC) in July 2012.

Interview

First contacted by HR for a brief phone interview. Once the phone interview was complete, an onsite interview was scheduled. Interview consisted of 6 people, in groups of 2, over a 2 hour period. After the panel interview, you then met with the HR staffing's consultant's Manager.

Interview Questions

• This was a very scripted interview in that if you've read the "top 10 interview questions" all of them were asked. The panel of 6 came in to the interview in groups of 2 which makes the interviewee repeat "tell me about yourself" 3 separate times.
       "Can you tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer situation?"
      "Tell us about a time you went above and beyond for a customer?"
      "How do you deal with a difficult personality in the office?"
      "Can you tell me what this person did to make them difficult to deal with?"
      "Why ICMA-RC?" Only asked by the HR Consultant.   1 Answer

Investor Services Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ICMA-RC (Washington, DC) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very professional. I was super nervous but the two individuals that interviewed me made me feel better about the work environment. It wasn't an easy interview but it definitely was doable and I was able to secure my first full-time job.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about which economics person in history I liked the most.   1 Answer