IDC (International Data Corporation) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IDC (International Data Corporation) Interview Questions

Interviews at IDC (International Data Corporation)

2.6

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IDC (International Data Corporation) (Framingham, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

I reached out to them with a family friend. Spoke on phone a couple of times. Had to send them a couple of writing pieces. Eventually came in for an interview. Not a difficult process. Spoke with one manager and one person in HR. Everyone was very friendly. I should mention my prior education put me in a great position to get the spot.

Interview Questions

• Are you interested in this stuff?   1 Answer

Market Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at IDC (International Data Corporation) (Boston, MA) in April 2018.

Interview

The first round is a phone interview, just went through what I had on my resume and shared some experiences in analyzing a problem. The second round is an on-site interview with 2 managers and an HR manager. In total the interview last around 1.5 hours, 1 hour with that 2 managers and half an hour with HR manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself
      Do you know something about text mining   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IDC (International Data Corporation) (San Mateo, CA) in December 2012.

Interview

In person interview with local two local sales managers that I would not be reporting to, followed by my potential boss flying in for a final interview. Next step was to negotiate the offer by phone, followed by a reference check and then the final offer.

Interview Questions

• Usual sales interview questions about experience. Why did I want to work their specifically? Why they should choose me, etc.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IDC (International Data Corporation) (Framingham, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

Long. I met with about five different people. All ranging from supervisors to managers to HR personnel. Some were nice, others were extremely condescending. Not necessary in an interview. At the end of the interview I met with the HR employee again who told me I'd receive a call the following week letting me know if I received the job because one more candidate needed to interview.

I did not hear anything so I emailed a second follow up. They let me know they were still interested in my candidacy. I never heard back.

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at IDC (International Data Corporation) (Framingham, MA) in May 2011.

Interview

IDC took a seemingly unnecessary long time to complete the interview process and make a final decision. However, the people throughout were professional and friendly. It seemed like they wanted me to succeed. It was not at all confrontational. At various stages, I met people of varying levels of seniority and delivered a presentation on a research topic.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at IDC?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at IDC (International Data Corporation) (Framingham, MA) in May 2018.

Interview

Applied online. Received a call from HR. After that call, I was called in after a month to meet two managers. Then another month went by and they did a phone interview with another team member. After 20 days or so, I was given a case (data from a questionnaire) to analyse and submit a PPT and word article. 2 months after that I received the offer. So in total 4+ months to hire. By then, I had another offer so I rejected IDC!

There processes are the slowest I have seen in my corporate life.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IDC (International Data Corporation) (Boston, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

Phone screen, then phone call with the direct position manager, then on-site was 4 individual interviews and a half hour presentation and research paper. Everyone was very friendly and welcoming and the interview was more of a conversation. Overall a really good experience, and if you enjoy presenting and public speaking, it's not bad at all.

Interview Questions

• If you only had $1 to spend in your budget, would you spend it on flexibility or precision?   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IDC (International Data Corporation) (Boston, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

After the initial 30minites phone screening interview, I was asked to submit writing sample. After a week, I was invited to have the in person interview. I met with 3people HR, VP, Marketing director and did about 30mins interview. It was fast and comfortable environment.

Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at IDC (International Data Corporation).

Interview

Standard process as interview with recruiter, HR, hiring manager and BU heads. Process took over 3 months; hiring manager meeting was face to face others over the phone.
    Interview questions were standard with focus in experience and sales role activities

Interview Questions

• Describe a conflict with a client and how you managed it?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at IDC (International Data Corporation) (New York, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

Honestly it was not good experiance, loss of time, effort and money, result zero
    I got the first round of telephonic other side guy had heavy accent asked very typical kind of questions on swing like what are the three top level containers in swing and low level API's of swing and some general questions of EJB's etc...
    then they called me for in-person round they gave me the question and laptop to write jtree and jtable and add it to JSplitPan and upon selection of a leaf, data should get populated in table, I coded and tested that in approx 90+ min. then he asked me to add some enhancements to it, like make cell selectable not the row or when select few cell show the selected data in console, I added the specific method print it on console etc. then he started asking to add more enhancements bla bla, then I felt like is it a fake interview or real, however I did 50% and missed 50% because i didnt wanted handle his more his more enhancements request since already more than 150 minutes were passed, but I tried to make him happy and ended the conversation. then they called me for the next round new guy asked me very idiotic and non practical and non industry standard kind of questions on java and he tried proving that he knows more, and heights of hypothesis he had he wants to create the 3 millions of objects of some class,
    another one he wants to clone the object in user defined generic class, more or less here is there system desing front end Swing, server side EJB and swing is making direct call to EJB thats also stateless session bean, i asked how do you maintain the session he said he has one Statufull Bean and thats working faster than the stateless :) but that didnt sound satisfactory answer to me, then he asked me the transaction attrib, requires, requires new etc. i didnt remember that and their behaviour, because I havent worked on ejb from past 4 years :), that is very much clear in my resume, he asked me questions on java, Hibernate, EJB's {and wow database lastly he ended up by asking up to table partioning } //thats not my area dude, for me this was my valuable time, I took ouple of day off from work, and I am consultant, lost two days of billing, wasted my time, every one knows development field has been expanded too much its not practical to remember syntax, attributes and api's and bla bla, not a good experiance

Interview Questions

• data base table partitioning   1 Answer