IDEA Cellular Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IDEA Cellular Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview Questions

Interviews at IDEA Cellular

3.4

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mangalore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IDEA Cellular (Mangalore (India)) in January 2013.

Interview

Hiring process was cool ! ...I got an offer though campus placement. It was a 3 round selection procedure. There was a 1 hour online test involving aptitude questions and technical questions ( tech: all areas related to communication engg were covered). Later there was a group discussion and then the last round was personal interview. In the interview round, questions were all based on modulation techniques, which is better ? QPSK or BPSK -and why ? what is Sampling theorem , what is quantization , what is coherent and non-coherent FSK? Circuit diagram on OPAMP based integrator etc.. Also they asked about major project. I was confident while answering the questions. I hope this thread helps some one looking for jobs related to mobile communications.

Interview Questions

• I could answer all the questions they asked.. There wasn't a question which startled me, as I was preparing for GATE !!   Answer Question

Negotiation

Since it was a campus placement, I couldn't negotiate.

Other Interview Reviews for IDEA Cellular

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at IDEA Cellular (Bengaluru (India)) in September 2015.

Interview

first round will be written test.all are objective.question will be chosen from analog communication digital communication,global system for mobile,antenna,wireless communication,basic electrical and electronic components,analog electronics.
    second round is group discussion and topic given is social network
    last round is personal interview.in the personal interview they will ask about your self introduction,some technical questions.personal interview will be very easy.once you cleared group discussion round you almost selected.

Interview Questions

• questions will be on basic electronics,gsm,antenna,wireless communication,analog communication   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kozhikode, Kerala (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IDEA Cellular (Kozhikode, Kerala (India)) in January 2015.

Interview

The process consists of 3 rounds. 1) The interview started with on-line test in our college which included technical section. This was based on wireless communication engineering GSM concepts. 2)Next is group discussion. They will give any current topics. Just open your mouth in a controlled way. Surely you will get into next round. 3)Next is personal interview, both hr + technical interview, they will ask why you want to join idea, have a little knowledge about company, some technical questions even the online test questions.Just learn GSM concepts completely, they'll directly hire you. Also some word meaning like LoS, fading, coverage area, its proportionality with frequency, freq. used in 2g,3g,4g by different operators,GSM architecture(***imp),OSI layer deeply(***imp) etc.. It was a panel of 3 (2 tech +hr). Finally they will look cgpa of the shortlisted candidates for PI and select top students as it is a core company... :(

Interview Questions

• 1. Input resistance of CRO is
      a)0 ohm
      b) less than 10 ohm
      c) less than 100 ohm
      d) more than 100 ohm
      Answer:d

2) Mod 78 counter can be formed by
      Answer: One mod 13 counter followed by mod 6 counter

3) Which networking layer used for synchronization?
      a) Application
      b) Network layer
      c) Session layer
      d) Data link layer
      Answer:c

4) Which layer is used for email?
      a) Application
      b) Network layer
      c) Session layer
      d) Physical layer
      Answer:a

5) Question about coding techniques in digital communication and information theory

6)Which of following is used in c?
      a)list and structure
      b) array
      c) variable types
      d) all of the above
      Answer: (d)

7) Question about race around condition in JK flip flop.

8) One another simple question from c language

9) Question about traffic density in erlangs with all data given.

10)VSWR was given=2.what will be reflection coefficient?
      a) 1/2
      b) 1/4
      c) 1/3
      4 )2
      Answer:c

11)Radiation pattern of antenna varies with distance as?

So I remember Only these questions   1 Answer

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rae Bareli (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IDEA Cellular (Rae Bareli (India)) in January 2016.

Interview

Overall Four Rounds

First Round- Online Assessment (Technical + Aptitude Questions)
    Second Round- Group Discussion
    Third Round- Technical Interview
    Final Round- Interview with Network and HR Head (Circle)

The online assessment was tricky and tough. Group Discussion was moderate. All they were looking was how much your contributed in the discussion and if you displayed team spirit.

The Technical Interview was not at all standard and relevant to the position. Expect some weird questions.

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IDEA Cellular (Hyderabad (India)) in January 2013.

Interview

They were very friendly. Wanted you to be confident and have the basic understanding of wireless technology used in telecom industry. Be proactive in group discussions and show interest and learning attitude while you are interviewing.

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Silchar (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IDEA Cellular (Silchar (India)) in January 2016.

Interview

It was first a aptitude round with technical and quants combined. After that group discussion where maximum were filtered out. At the last Technical PI and HR. The overall process was very friendly, the HR made us very comfortable.

Interview Questions

• What is modulation?
      Eddy current
      Interference
      Modulation schemes   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Allahabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IDEA Cellular (Allahabad (India)) in December 2016.

Interview

The online test comprising of a section of aptitude and two sections of technical was taken which was followed by GD for which 10 people per group were taken which were shortlisted afterwards for the personal interviews.

Interview Questions

• 1:- What is your objective for the future and where do you see yourself ?
      2:- What is OQPSK ?
      3:- What is the need for modulation ?
      4:- What is QAM and what is the meaning of 64 in 64-QAM ?
      5:- What do you understand by GPS system and how does it work ?
      6:- Explain your project ?
           (They asked about the various types of problems arising in the project and how would you tackle
            them.)
      7:- What is the biggest achievement of your life so far ?
      8:- What is the full form of OSI model and what are various type of layers present in the model ?
      9:- What is the frequency of audio signals and what is the difference between audio and speech
           signal ?   1 Answer

Graduate Engineering Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IDEA Cellular (Hyderabad (India)) in May 2012.

Interview

we had a written,gd,and 3 personal interviews

Graduate Engineering Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ernakulam (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at IDEA Cellular (Ernakulam (India)) in March 2015.

Interview

the interview started with on-line test in our college which included both technical and aptitude sections.that was of medium level and technical section was based on communication engineering.

the shortlisted candidates including me interviewed further at kochin at idea cellular Ltd office.there ware both group discussion and personal interview.

GD was little tough.in personal interview they will ask why you want to join idea,some technical questions and about previous offers.it was a panel of four and we couldn't hide any thing.express yourself and be open.

it was a tough interview and am that i got selected.

Interview Questions

• do you have any location constains?   1 Answer

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at IDEA Cellular.

Interview

The first round was an online test which was followed by a group discussion and only some students were selected for PI which was a combination of hr and technical questions which lasted for 30 min and questions were asked from different subjects like DCN,COMM,N/W ,WIRELESS COMM and depending on the score of pi students are call for the last HR round which was taken by the VP zir himself