IDEA Cellular Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IDEA Cellular Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview Questions

Interviews at IDEA Cellular

3.4

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mangalore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IDEA Cellular (Mangalore (India)) in January 2013.

Interview

Hiring process was cool ! ...I got an offer though campus placement. It was a 3 round selection procedure. There was a 1 hour online test involving aptitude questions and technical questions ( tech: all areas related to communication engg were covered). Later there was a group discussion and then the last round was personal interview. In the interview round, questions were all based on modulation techniques, which is better ? QPSK or BPSK -and why ? what is Sampling theorem , what is quantization , what is coherent and non-coherent FSK? Circuit diagram on OPAMP based integrator etc.. Also they asked about major project. I was confident while answering the questions. I hope this thread helps some one looking for jobs related to mobile communications.

Interview Questions

• I could answer all the questions they asked.. There wasn't a question which startled me, as I was preparing for GATE !!   Answer Question

Negotiation

Since it was a campus placement, I couldn't negotiate.

Other Interview Reviews for IDEA Cellular

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at IDEA Cellular.

Interview

The first round was an online test which was followed by a group discussion and only some students were selected for PI which was a combination of hr and technical questions which lasted for 30 min and questions were asked from different subjects like DCN,COMM,N/W ,WIRELESS COMM and depending on the score of pi students are call for the last HR round which was taken by the VP zir himself

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kozhikode, Kerala (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IDEA Cellular (Kozhikode, Kerala (India)) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview happened to me on 11th january.
    The process includes 3 rounds:
    1) Online test which comprises technical questions of communication(PSD,modulation techniques), circuits(transistors,diodes), telecom fundamentals(TDMA, slots,FDMA) and aptitude,verbal(semantics).
    2)GD-topic given to us is FREE BASICS of net neutrality.(20min discussion)
    3)Personal Interview(HR + Technical)

Interview Questions

• Total 50people appeared for the test.They have shortlisted 17people for GD.After GD, 10people went to the final round. While coming to the final round, I can see its a bit tricky interview because they are lining up questions based on your resume and your answers. For me, interview was taken by vice-president of IDEACellular. One advice is that they dont want to waste their time on persons looking for higherstudies.
      In interview, they started with(in order): Tell me about yourself ,Why do you want to come to IDEA? ,
      Your profile looks good and you are more apt for M.Tech!!!(Dont get stuck at this point and if you got stuck,its checkmate.Just say No and give your answers accordingly).
      They'll scan each and everyline in Resume( so prepare well about your projects and internships).
      Later after 15min, they started asking technical questions. As i choosed my fav. subjects as Logic design and networks,they tested me in that fields.
      What is difference between Latch, Flipflop?
      What are latest modulation Techniques and compare anytwo of them?
      What is Opamp(where and how does amplification comes inside opamp)?
      What is zener diode?
      Where do you want see yourself in 1year after joining in IDEA?(This is unexpected question for me! If it was 5years, i would have given answer well. I told them, I'll grasp all the knowledge of my job and will be in a good team).
      Difference between QPSK, BPSK(comparision) and FM vs AM?

As my interview is the last one, everyone of panel members(4 senior members) are dozed off.Then they offered me a chance to ask for questions.Interviewers all so professional(vicepresident,Director of HR, Sr. Manager and an assitant).I asked about some doubts on 4G Technology.
      Overall interview happened a timespan of 30-40min.
      ADVICE for juniors:Evaluation is cumulative(test to interview), prepare well on projects.
      Salary offered is Decent salary(5LPA inhand) + many perks (as it is a part of Aditya birla group)
      Moreover NO BOND of joining.
      They selected 5memebers at the end( I was one among them).All the best friends. Dont look at the starting salary,Hike of salary in IDEA is more than anyothers( My current senior in his 4th year who joined as GET has 14LPA now).   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durgapur, West Bengal (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IDEA Cellular (Durgapur, West Bengal (India)) in January 2016.

Interview

It was an on-campus placement process. They conducted an online exam comprising of aptitude and technical sections. Overall difficulty level of the exam was medium. 36 students where shortlisted from the exam and were divided into 4 groups for group discussions. Group discussion topics was Incredible India or Intolerant India. 13 students were selected for personal interviews. First part of the interview was mainly on HR questions like "Tell me about yourself, your hobbies etc". The second part was on technical knowledge. Questions were asked from basics of Analog, communication systems, Antenna, Microprocessor. Questions were tricky and they kept on asking questions one after another before you could finish your answer. Their aim was to test the patience and confidence level of the student. Overall experience was not good and ended up demoralized.

Interview Questions

• Q: Is Pulse code modulation, a modulation or encoding technique?
      Q: Why do we use HPBW in an antenna?
      Q: What is the job of a telecommunication engineer?   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Allahabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at IDEA Cellular (Allahabad (India)) in January 2015.

Interview

Via campus placement. There is the written round that is conducted online which comprises of two sections: ECE technical along with basic software, and aptitude. After shortlisting on the paper basis, there is the group discussion. After which, the Personal interview is conducted. The PI is quite extensive, in reference to your technical knowledge and your overall HR conduct.

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IDEA Cellular (Hyderabad (India)) in January 2013.

Interview

They were very friendly. Wanted you to be confident and have the basic understanding of wireless technology used in telecom industry. Be proactive in group discussions and show interest and learning attitude while you are interviewing.

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at IDEA Cellular (Bengaluru (India)) in September 2015.

Interview

first round will be written test.all are objective.question will be chosen from analog communication digital communication,global system for mobile,antenna,wireless communication,basic electrical and electronic components,analog electronics.
    second round is group discussion and topic given is social network
    last round is personal interview.in the personal interview they will ask about your self introduction,some technical questions.personal interview will be very easy.once you cleared group discussion round you almost selected.

Interview Questions

• questions will be on basic electronics,gsm,antenna,wireless communication,analog communication   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kozhikode, Kerala (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IDEA Cellular (Kozhikode, Kerala (India)) in January 2015.

Interview

The process consists of 3 rounds. 1) The interview started with on-line test in our college which included technical section. This was based on wireless communication engineering GSM concepts. 2)Next is group discussion. They will give any current topics. Just open your mouth in a controlled way. Surely you will get into next round. 3)Next is personal interview, both hr + technical interview, they will ask why you want to join idea, have a little knowledge about company, some technical questions even the online test questions.Just learn GSM concepts completely, they'll directly hire you. Also some word meaning like LoS, fading, coverage area, its proportionality with frequency, freq. used in 2g,3g,4g by different operators,GSM architecture(***imp),OSI layer deeply(***imp) etc.. It was a panel of 3 (2 tech +hr). Finally they will look cgpa of the shortlisted candidates for PI and select top students as it is a core company... :(

Interview Questions

• 1. Input resistance of CRO is
      a)0 ohm
      b) less than 10 ohm
      c) less than 100 ohm
      d) more than 100 ohm
      Answer:d

2) Mod 78 counter can be formed by
      Answer: One mod 13 counter followed by mod 6 counter

3) Which networking layer used for synchronization?
      a) Application
      b) Network layer
      c) Session layer
      d) Data link layer
      Answer:c

4) Which layer is used for email?
      a) Application
      b) Network layer
      c) Session layer
      d) Physical layer
      Answer:a

5) Question about coding techniques in digital communication and information theory

6)Which of following is used in c?
      a)list and structure
      b) array
      c) variable types
      d) all of the above
      Answer: (d)

7) Question about race around condition in JK flip flop.

8) One another simple question from c language

9) Question about traffic density in erlangs with all data given.

10)VSWR was given=2.what will be reflection coefficient?
      a) 1/2
      b) 1/4
      c) 1/3
      4 )2
      Answer:c

11)Radiation pattern of antenna varies with distance as?

So I remember Only these questions   1 Answer

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rae Bareli (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IDEA Cellular (Rae Bareli (India)) in January 2016.

Interview

Overall Four Rounds

First Round- Online Assessment (Technical + Aptitude Questions)
    Second Round- Group Discussion
    Third Round- Technical Interview
    Final Round- Interview with Network and HR Head (Circle)

The online assessment was tricky and tough. Group Discussion was moderate. All they were looking was how much your contributed in the discussion and if you displayed team spirit.

The Technical Interview was not at all standard and relevant to the position. Expect some weird questions.

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Allahabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IDEA Cellular (Allahabad (India)) in December 2016.

Interview

The online test comprising of a section of aptitude and two sections of technical was taken which was followed by GD for which 10 people per group were taken which were shortlisted afterwards for the personal interviews.

Interview Questions

• 1:- What is your objective for the future and where do you see yourself ?
      2:- What is OQPSK ?
      3:- What is the need for modulation ?
      4:- What is QAM and what is the meaning of 64 in 64-QAM ?
      5:- What do you understand by GPS system and how does it work ?
      6:- Explain your project ?
           (They asked about the various types of problems arising in the project and how would you tackle
            them.)
      7:- What is the biggest achievement of your life so far ?
      8:- What is the full form of OSI model and what are various type of layers present in the model ?
      9:- What is the frequency of audio signals and what is the difference between audio and speech
           signal ?   1 Answer