IDEA Cellular Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IDEA Cellular Interview Questions

Interviews at IDEA Cellular

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IDEA Cellular (Mumbai (India)) in March 2017.

Interview

The process was good but took very long , they must manage the process properly.I had to wait for a very long time and people were tired and most of them went home.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself
      How will you manage the job profile   1 Answer
    • To work in shifts   1 Answer
    • If i would be able to work according to their conditions.   1 Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IDEA Cellular (Mumbai (India)) in September 2013.

Interview

First Video Conference Interview and Later in person. Interviewers are very helpful in accommodating your schedule. The HR interview is more of a formality. The final interview is with the CEO of the company. This is useful as they help you to know people before joining

Team Lead Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at IDEA Cellular.

Interview

Good company to learn for freshers and new comers but not good for long term , i suggest good to join for domain learnings and work life balance. if you are keen for onsite this company is not made for you , telecom domain aspirants must join it with out any hesitations

Negotiation

ok

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kanpur Nagar (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IDEA Cellular (Kanpur Nagar (India)) in November 2017.

Interview

Interview was quiet good selection process is not too long.they selected me in just two days.It gives me a new experiences.ZBM (zonal branch manager)who takes my interview he was also quiet good.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to relocate?   1 Answer

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IDEA Cellular (Pune (India)) in July 2017.

Interview

They took apti first it was quiet easy. It contained quantitative and technical questions based on telecom. Apti was followed by general and technical questions. Go through your projects in academics thoroughly. Relocation is mandatory and no mercy.

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mangalore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IDEA Cellular (Mangalore (India)) in January 2013.

Interview

Hiring process was cool ! ...I got an offer though campus placement. It was a 3 round selection procedure. There was a 1 hour online test involving aptitude questions and technical questions ( tech: all areas related to communication engg were covered). Later there was a group discussion and then the last round was personal interview. In the interview round, questions were all based on modulation techniques, which is better ? QPSK or BPSK -and why ? what is Sampling theorem , what is quantization , what is coherent and non-coherent FSK? Circuit diagram on OPAMP based integrator etc.. Also they asked about major project. I was confident while answering the questions. I hope this thread helps some one looking for jobs related to mobile communications.

Interview Questions

• I could answer all the questions they asked.. There wasn't a question which startled me, as I was preparing for GATE !!   Answer Question

Negotiation

Since it was a campus placement, I couldn't negotiate.

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at IDEA Cellular (Bengaluru (India)) in September 2015.

Interview

first round will be written test.all are objective.question will be chosen from analog communication digital communication,global system for mobile,antenna,wireless communication,basic electrical and electronic components,analog electronics.
    second round is group discussion and topic given is social network
    last round is personal interview.in the personal interview they will ask about your self introduction,some technical questions.personal interview will be very easy.once you cleared group discussion round you almost selected.

Interview Questions

• questions will be on basic electronics,gsm,antenna,wireless communication,analog communication   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kozhikode, Kerala (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IDEA Cellular (Kozhikode, Kerala (India)) in January 2015.

Interview

The process consists of 3 rounds. 1) The interview started with on-line test in our college which included technical section. This was based on wireless communication engineering GSM concepts. 2)Next is group discussion. They will give any current topics. Just open your mouth in a controlled way. Surely you will get into next round. 3)Next is personal interview, both hr + technical interview, they will ask why you want to join idea, have a little knowledge about company, some technical questions even the online test questions.Just learn GSM concepts completely, they'll directly hire you. Also some word meaning like LoS, fading, coverage area, its proportionality with frequency, freq. used in 2g,3g,4g by different operators,GSM architecture(***imp),OSI layer deeply(***imp) etc.. It was a panel of 3 (2 tech +hr). Finally they will look cgpa of the shortlisted candidates for PI and select top students as it is a core company... :(

Interview Questions

• 1. Input resistance of CRO is
      a)0 ohm
      b) less than 10 ohm
      c) less than 100 ohm
      d) more than 100 ohm
      Answer:d

2) Mod 78 counter can be formed by
      Answer: One mod 13 counter followed by mod 6 counter

3) Which networking layer used for synchronization?
      a) Application
      b) Network layer
      c) Session layer
      d) Data link layer
      Answer:c

4) Which layer is used for email?
      a) Application
      b) Network layer
      c) Session layer
      d) Physical layer
      Answer:a

5) Question about coding techniques in digital communication and information theory

6)Which of following is used in c?
      a)list and structure
      b) array
      c) variable types
      d) all of the above
      Answer: (d)

7) Question about race around condition in JK flip flop.

8) One another simple question from c language

9) Question about traffic density in erlangs with all data given.

10)VSWR was given=2.what will be reflection coefficient?
      a) 1/2
      b) 1/4
      c) 1/3
      4 )2
      Answer:c

11)Radiation pattern of antenna varies with distance as?

So I remember Only these questions   1 Answer

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rae Bareli (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IDEA Cellular (Rae Bareli (India)) in January 2016.

Interview

Overall Four Rounds

First Round- Online Assessment (Technical + Aptitude Questions)
    Second Round- Group Discussion
    Third Round- Technical Interview
    Final Round- Interview with Network and HR Head (Circle)

The online assessment was tricky and tough. Group Discussion was moderate. All they were looking was how much your contributed in the discussion and if you displayed team spirit.

The Technical Interview was not at all standard and relevant to the position. Expect some weird questions.

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IDEA Cellular (Hyderabad (India)) in January 2013.

Interview

They were very friendly. Wanted you to be confident and have the basic understanding of wireless technology used in telecom industry. Be proactive in group discussions and show interest and learning attitude while you are interviewing.