IDEO Community Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IDEO Community Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at IDEO

4.0

Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IDEO.

Interview

The interview was scheduled relatively quick. The recruiter had me do a very labor intensive project along with submitting a project to the Open Ideo platform. I didn't hear back from them for a while and when I did, it was a generic response. I put a lot of work into the projects and would have appreciated feedback on the project and the interview. I don't think it's fair to ask an interviewee to do a 5+ hour project and never bring it up in the interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for IDEO

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at IDEO (San Francisco, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

They got to me within few hours to schedule an interview, we scheduled a google hangouts 5 days later. The interview lasted 8 minutes in which they asked about my availability and declined based on that. Extremely frustrating since I indicated my availability in my cover letter. I felt like no one read my cover letter - Why ask for it? And why ask for an interview?

The lady who interviewed me was really nice, but I have two pieces of feedback for her:
    - Start with intro questions to make the interviewee feel comfortable.
    - Wait until you hear the full answer; I was having a hard time connecting my own life story together with the scattered and quick questions I was being asked. Perhaps try to slow the phase down, interviews are inherently stressful!

Interview Questions