IDOT Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IDOT Interview Questions

Updated Oct 7, 2017

Seasonal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carbondale, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at IDOT (Carbondale, IL).

Interview

They were punctual on the getting the interviewee into the interview. The interview seemed pretty quick. There are two people that do the interview and they both ask a series of questions. They can and will repeat interview questions if needed. They were very professional and willing to answer any questions that you may have.

Cet Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IDOT in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online through the gov website. It took them a month to send the letter (both in mail and email) for interview after the deadline, and I waited another 2 months to receive the rejection letter.

Interview Questions

• How is your education and training related to this position   Answer Question

Research Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IDOT in April 2017.

Interview

Applied and it took 4 weeks for them to send out notifications by the emails and mails . And asked for scheduling interviews the following weeks. Questions are very technical in nature. 40 mins to finish the interview. And they care about the answers more than you as a person. They are in the room just to take the answers then select who has the most correct answers.

Interview Questions

• courses and experience related to Civil engineering?
      Experience with pavement?
      Describe your technical oral and written communication?   1 Answer

Civil Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Collinsville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IDOT (Collinsville, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

Interview consists of 2 interviewers who lay down the interview process. They then asked 10 questions alternately. After the 10 question interview any questions the applicant may have are then answered by the interviewers.

Interview Questions

• What course work have you taken or training that you posses will help with the job at hand? (questions like this)   1 Answer

Engineering Technician I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Collinsville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IDOT (Collinsville, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online by sending an email.Then after 2 months, I received a mail saying I am selected for an interview. I called them to set up the interview and signed the paper enclosed (to release the criminal records). I drove 400 miles to Collinsvile. 8:30 am interview, were 3 people. Took a copy of my driver's license, then the interview began. I was not allowed to look at my resume , but allowed to write note which at the end they confiscated it (didn't say it in the beginning). The interview should took 1 hr, but I took 30 mins. They told me to wait several weeks, and after 1 month I received a call, but I already got my job so I rejected them. And the area where it is at is remote to where I live now, and the position is only good for 6-9 months.

Interview Questions

• In what situation do you have to ask yourself and your supervisor. question (something like that)?
      Do you have drafting skills (AutoCAD and microstation)?
      How you show effective communication orally?
      It was about 10 questions, 3 people take notes. two of them asked questions, but not sure why the other one didn't ask question   1 Answer

Summer Technical Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IDOT (Saint Louis, MO) in May 2016.

Interview

I was called and they would ask a question and then wait for you to complete your answer. Once you were done speaking, they would ask the next question. It was not personal and it felt like you were speaking to a computer. It was difficult to figure out whether you answered the question to their understanding or not.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with computer programs. Mention the computer program and then explain your experience.   Answer Question

Civil Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at IDOT (Peoria, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

This was a very interesting interview process. Nobody really cared about who you are but they relied on the answer you provide to their "questions". I hope not to apply for any job in the future with these guys.

Interview Questions

• Describe how your experience and education have qualified you for this position.   Answer Question

Inventory Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at IDOT (Springfield, IL).

Interview

The interviewer asks a series of questions that are printed on a sheet. He or she writes down your answers. You are not allowed to have the job description or your resume in front of you. The interviewer is not allowed to elaborate on the questions, he or she can only repeat the question. They also tell you that your answers are scored and you must answer as if they have never seen your resume or application. The questions are based heavily on previous job duties and are very specific to the job you are interviewing for.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with managing inventory and what is your experience with IDOTs inventory database?   2 Answers

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at IDOT in April 2015.

Interview

There was not much of an interview process. I already knew one of the employees and did not have a formal interview. I received a call and they offered me the job.

Highway Tec III Interview

Interview

filled out online app got call for interview week later was waste of my time 21 years expience dont mean a thing it was like your takeing there lunch or break time by being there was a joke for sure

Interview Questions

• whats your strong points and are you affraid of hights that was it was a joke iam sitting there thinking is this for real and they had pre printed questions to ask me 2pages   1 Answer