IDOT Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at IDOT

2.9

Inventory Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at IDOT (Springfield, IL).

Interview

The interviewer asks a series of questions that are printed on a sheet. He or she writes down your answers. You are not allowed to have the job description or your resume in front of you. The interviewer is not allowed to elaborate on the questions, he or she can only repeat the question. They also tell you that your answers are scored and you must answer as if they have never seen your resume or application. The questions are based heavily on previous job duties and are very specific to the job you are interviewing for.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with managing inventory and what is your experience with IDOTs inventory database?   2 Answers

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Libertyville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IDOT (Libertyville, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

What interests you in IDOT? What are you studying in School? Why do you want to work for IDOT? If we hire you, when will you be able to start? How long will you be able to work?

Seasonal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carbondale, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at IDOT (Carbondale, IL).

Interview

They were punctual on the getting the interviewee into the interview. The interview seemed pretty quick. There are two people that do the interview and they both ask a series of questions. They can and will repeat interview questions if needed. They were very professional and willing to answer any questions that you may have.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at IDOT in April 2015.

Interview

There was not much of an interview process. I already knew one of the employees and did not have a formal interview. I received a call and they offered me the job.

Engineering Technician I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Collinsville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IDOT (Collinsville, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online by sending an email.Then after 2 months, I received a mail saying I am selected for an interview. I called them to set up the interview and signed the paper enclosed (to release the criminal records). I drove 400 miles to Collinsvile. 8:30 am interview, were 3 people. Took a copy of my driver's license, then the interview began. I was not allowed to look at my resume , but allowed to write note which at the end they confiscated it (didn't say it in the beginning). The interview should took 1 hr, but I took 30 mins. They told me to wait several weeks, and after 1 month I received a call, but I already got my job so I rejected them. And the area where it is at is remote to where I live now, and the position is only good for 6-9 months.

Interview Questions

• In what situation do you have to ask yourself and your supervisor. question (something like that)?
      Do you have drafting skills (AutoCAD and microstation)?
      How you show effective communication orally?
      It was about 10 questions, 3 people take notes. two of them asked questions, but not sure why the other one didn't ask question   1 Answer

Research Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IDOT in April 2017.

Interview

Applied and it took 4 weeks for them to send out notifications by the emails and mails . And asked for scheduling interviews the following weeks. Questions are very technical in nature. 40 mins to finish the interview. And they care about the answers more than you as a person. They are in the room just to take the answers then select who has the most correct answers.

Interview Questions

• courses and experience related to Civil engineering?
      Experience with pavement?
      Describe your technical oral and written communication?   1 Answer

Highway Maintainer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at IDOT in January 2019.

Interview

panel setting
    minimal two persons
    series of questions
    questions of capabilities, lifting heavy items
    several questions concerning your job history and related to the job
    interview last between 30 and 50 minutes
    You can have paper and writing utensil and your job application

Interview Questions

• Either entering or exiting equipment or vehicle what safety precautions would you use   1 Answer

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IDOT (Springfield, IL) in January 2019.

Interview

Structured Interview with questions from two interviewers reading questions and writing responses on preprinted forms. The questions were repeated. The interviewers wrote down my responses as I spoke with minimal interaction in between questions.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how I handle delivering negative information to an individual or group.   Answer Question

Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ames, IA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at IDOT (Ames, IA) in December 2014.

Interview

They were very organised. They went through my resume and asked me questions based on resume. One manager and one technical person was there.Got my reply back within few days. Overall very satisfied with the process.

Interview Questions

• rman backup, indexing and performance tuning   1 Answer

Civil Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at IDOT (Orlando, FL) in February 2012.

Interview

Very structure interview and preset questions. Mostly behavioral and recommended to be support with actual real life experiences. the interview was a two part process. First you meet two recruiters which explain the interview process and second you get to be interview by two engineers over the phone which only know your name but no other information.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a moment that you were exposed to conflict in your professional life and how did you managed to overcome the conflict.   Answer Question