IFC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 28, 2017

3.1

MBA Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IFC (Washington, DC) in February 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with a Senior Investment Officer, the lady was very polite the interview was generally not a structured one, just random questions from my resume and a basic one "Why IFC?". The interview lasted around 25 minutes. Note: I am currently waiting for a reply from them, so I will update this post once I get or don't get an offer.

Interview Questions

• How did you value a certain investment from my resume
      Why IFC
      What were the key take aways from the investment
      Answer Question

YP Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at IFC (Washington, DC) in December 2016.

Interview

Structured process. Took 3 months between the moment I was contacted for the first interview and the offer (6 months since I submitted my resume online). I was contacted in November for a skype interview. A few days later I was informed that I was invited to interview in Washington for a full day second round of interviews. The second round comprised a panel interview, a written test and 2 individual interviews. Each interview is a mix of behavioral, fit and technical questions (basic accounting, nothing tricky). The written test (3h) wasn't hard in my opinion. There are 2 parts, a written essay based on an article asking to perform a quick investment analysis, and a series of multiple choice questions (basic accounting).

Interview Questions

• Tell us about that transaction you mentioned in your resume. Tell us about some of the activities you were doing when sourcing new deals. Why the IFC? Why this program?   1 Answer

Financial Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IFC (Washington, DC).

Interview

Applied online and received notification of being shortlisted 2 months later
    HR organized 3 phone interviews back to back with 3 members of the group, each interview lasted about 30min.
    Interviews were technical and covered various topics from risk management to structured finance, including regulation. Was suppose to hear from them a week later, but have not got feedback after +1month.

Interview Questions

• 1. how do you calculate VaR?
      3. Impact of interest rate increase/decrease on a the price of a floating rate note? Fixed rate note?
      2. What is regulatory capital and how do you calculate it?
      3. What is tranching?
      Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at IFC (Washington, DC).

Interview

Fairly swift interview process. One video interview with three senior team members followed by video interview with manager the week after. The interviews were rather casual and lasted approx. 45 min.

Whey asked a series of questions giving details on my profile and motivation. No technical questions and not particularly structured.

Subsequently, I sent a few writing samples of previous work.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this job? What was your role and task in previous projects?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Benefits were fixed, but salary negotiable

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IFC (Washington, DC).

Interview

Met with a couple of the team members. They asked me about my experience as it relates to the job. They needed someone right away. The process was pretty quick. I started working about 3 weeks after I was interviewed.

Associate Investment Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at IFC (Washington, DC) in January 2016.

Interview

Very long process that was disorganized. I had the chance to be invited for a Friday to Washington DC, spend a Thursday night preparing, and then have most interviewers away for a long week-end. The institution is extremely consensus driven, meaning that if one interviewer really likes you, he may move the needle a bit by making it difficult for the many who think you are average. Similarly, if one of the interviewers thinks you are bad, it will be easy to scare everyone else.

Summer Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IFC.

Interview

I applied through the university career services and received a phone interview about a few days later. The interviewer was my boss over the summer, he asked about my background, my coursework, and why I wanted to work here. We had a nice chat and then he offered me the internship position.

Operations Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at IFC.

Interview

Lengthy process. Had to go through a) a written exam, b) 10 rounds of interviews, spread over 15-20 days and c) a background check which took two months. But most of the time, interviewers asked just the same standard questions in every interview. However, there were no stress questions. A few of the interviews were telephonic (as the interviewers can be calling from other countries) so it can be a little uncomfortable if one is not used to it, specially with understanding the accents.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions are standard, mostly about previous work related. They are mostly looking for cultural fit in the interview process (as they already shortlist candidates with great academic and professional background).   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at IFC (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

It was an elaborate process. I applied for the post and heard from them almost a month later. I was Interviewed by 3 people. I was asked about 15 questions and the interview went on for 40 minutes or so.

Investment Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IFC (Washington, DC) in January 2015.

Interview

IFC runs a fairly thorough interview process. Had a series of initial phone screens with different groups. This was then followed by a round-robin style interview format at HQ in Washington, DC.