IFDS IT Infrastructure Architect Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at IFDS

1 Interview Review

5.0

IT Infrastructure Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IFDS (London, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

I was recommended by a current IFDS employee to the IT Infrastructure management, to help them solve major infrastructure issues with their IT systems, having extensive experience with all the vendors and IT systems at IFDS. After sending in my CV, to the IFDS management, my employment background was checked by the agency involved, along with my academic achievements, financial status, and multiple references.

I attended the interview with the hiring manager at his request, at great cost to me, for time-off, travel costs, and two nights of overnight accommodation as I live in the North of the UK, many hundreds of miles from where the IFDS offices are located in London.

I had just one hour of the interviewer's time, to impress him with my technical achievements to date. He was 10 minutes late, and from then on appeared not to be in the slightest interested in my CV, my previous experience, the examples of previous work I had successfully performed, which made the interview very difficult. The interviewer seemed to be very guarded with information, about the IT projects that needed my help, the best way to describe how painful the interview was "it was like walking through sticky glue"

After 50 minutes, the interview left as he had another meeting to rush to and said that he would be in touch, I felt cheated, that I was not given the time to present what I can do. Three weeks later I heard via my friend at IFDS that recommended me, that I was not offered the position as they needed someone who was not only an expert at technology, but they needed someone who could also be a manager and arrange and take business meetings which is not me.

In my opinion the experience was a total waste of my time, money and energy. My advice to anyone looking to get a job at IFDS, is to look at alternative companies, as the people who are hiring at IFDS have no idea on how to hire great "A" list candidates list who can help them.

Interview Questions

• What type of work have you done recently?   1 Answer

IFDS Response

Oct 13, 2017 – HR Program Manager

Thank you for your feedback. Please note that IFDS in the UK – to which your feedback is intended – is now part of DST Systems, and is no longer affiliated with the IFDS organization, which is... More