IFDS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IFDS Interview Questions

Updated Jan 21, 2017

2.8

Senior Systems Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at IFDS (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Easy and great process. HR people are very friendly and let you the whole process. HR update you the whole process frequently. IFDS very concern about the security, which I think is great thing.They took a week to complete the process after interview finished.

Interview Questions

• They asked very professional and technical questions   1 Answer

Customer Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stirling, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at IFDS (Stirling, Scotland (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

Assessment Centre and Interview. Both very enjoyable. The group assessment included a good group of people. The recruiter and Senior management made me feel very relaxed In the assessment centre we took part in a group discussion and presentation along with conducting a one to one and giving feedback

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at IFDS.

Interview

1- easy interview with HR, what is weakness and strength.
    2- Technical questions during interview with hiring managers
    3- how do start when you get a requirement, requirement elicitation and business process

IT Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IFDS (London, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online, part of the application process you need to do online tests, which you will have to repeat again during your during assessment day, you will also have to do presentation on that day, the topic will be sent you in advance.

Interview Questions

• standard questions, why IFDS, competency based questions.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IFDS (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2016.

Interview

There was initial HR round and was called for Ops round which went well with relevant Operations questions about past experience and my conversance with processing financial and non-financial transactions related to mutual funds and segregated funds. There were questions around my team playing abilities, communication skills and typing skills. There were also questions around any certification courses completed like CSC, IFIC etc.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my past experience related to mutual funds processing.   Answer Question

Business Operations Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Basildon, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at IFDS (Basildon, South East England, England (UK)) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process was exactly the same as the Internship Assessment Center.
    We were asked to prepare a 10 minute presentation on the question: "Economic Activities over the past 12 months and how they would affect IFDS and his businesses".
    The day started with your standard psychometric testing, both numerical and verbal reasoning. This was followed by one-on-one interviews. After lunch, we were asked to take part in a mock meeting where they assessed how we handled a particular clients case. The day ended by giving our individually prepared presentations.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at IFDS (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2016.

Interview

Very straight forward. The interview was very friendly. Recruiter saw my profile, called up me, there were lots of back and forth but eventually accepted the offer. I had phone and one on one interview.

Interview Questions

• In what way did you have to regret being honest?   1 Answer

QA Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangkok (Thailand)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IFDS (Bangkok (Thailand)).

Interview

First was an interview with HR Business partner from their service provider.
    - General question about work and the reason of looking for new job.
    - Math and logical test
    - QA skill test

Second was an interview with senior manager and team leader from all team which having available position at the moment.

Both interview took half day.

IT Infrastructure Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IFDS (London, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

I was recommended by a current IFDS employee to the IT Infrastructure management, to help them solve major infrastructure issues with their IT systems, having extensive experience with all the vendors and IT systems at IFDS. After sending in my CV, to the IFDS management, my employment background was checked by the agency involved, along with my academic achievements, financial status, and multiple references.

I attended the interview with the hiring manager at his request, at great cost to me, for time-off, travel costs, and two nights of overnight accommodation as I live in the North of the UK, many hundreds of miles from where the IFDS offices are located in London.

I had just one hour of the interviewer's time, to impress him with my technical achievements to date. He was 10 minutes late, and from then on appeared not to be in the slightest interested in my CV, my previous experience, the examples of previous work I had successfully performed, which made the interview very difficult. The interviewer seemed to be very guarded with information, about the IT projects that needed my help, the best way to describe how painful the interview was "it was like walking through sticky glue"

After 50 minutes, the interview left as he had another meeting to rush to and said that he would be in touch, I felt cheated, that I was not given the time to present what I can do. Three weeks later I heard via my friend at IFDS that recommended me, that I was not offered the position as they needed someone who was not only an expert at technology, but they needed someone who could also be a manager and arrange and take business meetings which is not me.

In my opinion the experience was a total waste of my time, money and energy. My advice to anyone looking to get a job at IFDS, is to look at alternative companies, as the people who are hiring at IFDS have no idea on how to hire great "A" list candidates list who can help them.

Interview Questions

• What type of work have you done recently?   1 Answer

IT Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IFDS (London, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

Interview was brought forward, manager who was supposed to interview couldn't even be bothered to show up, which may or may not have affected the process. Got a good look at the ins and outs of the role, passed the initial test, seemed like a sure thing with the amount they were getting into detail.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions bared little relevance to the role or my skills. I felt my time was wasted afterwards; they had seen my CV and lack of experience as a recent graduate, so why ask a questionnaire about my customer service experience and then decline the next day on grounds of lack of experience? Maybe if their communication was better from the start, my time wouldn't have been wasted, luckily I had accepted to bring my interview forward, as if I had not, I would still be waiting for this pointless experience. Questions needed a lot of improvement to get a better feel of an applicant's skills, it's not that they were difficult, it's that they were irrelevant to the overall role.   Answer Question