IG Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IG Interview Questions

Updated Jul 12, 2017

2.9

Sales Trader Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IG.

Interview

Easiest interview process ever, probably because it doesn't take a genius to go and work in a call centre...the only slightly challenging bit could be the mental math test in house, but then again people who can hardly do multiplications are hired so I wonder whether that step is an actual assessment or more of a formality and whether decisions aren't just made based on whether a candidate can do a basic call centre job or not.

Interview Questions

• If you bought 500 shares at £10 and price rises to £12 what is your profit?   1 Answer

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at IG (London, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

We sit down with a senior developer and the scrum master. It was a pleasant conversation about my previous roles, then a standard java questioner test then had to write a small code on the senior developers laptop.

Interview Questions

• In the programming test I has to write a code what's get rid of the duplicate numbers from an array, but keeps the rest of the array as it was.   Answer Question

Product Owner Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at IG (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Phone interview with hiring manager
    Interview with hiring manager and team colleague. Same day there was a timed maths & comprehension test
    Interview with Head of department
    Interview with HR rep for the area

Interview Questions

• Have you used our products, if yes what would feedback would you give?   1 Answer

Graduate Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at IG (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

I was approached by a recruitment company and were very friendly. The process was a 10-minute phone interview with Java question, then a 40-minute phone interview with more Java questions. Then an hour-long online test and then assessment day.

I was told that all the position were filled on the first assessment day and then cancelled the second, hence my rejection. Be wary of this if you miss the first assessment day!

Interview Questions

• Define the meaning of lots of Java keywords. Questions on Java collections.   Answer Question

Incident Manager/Local Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at IG (Melbourne (Australia)) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview was organised by an agent. The process was conducted with extreme professionalism, the interview ran to time and the interviewer was friendly and made me feel very positive about the role in which I was applying.

Interview Questions

• Plans for professional development   1 Answer

Information Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IG (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Thorough interview process where there was an assessment prior to being considered. Then a face to face interview with 2 team members. It was professionally done and arranged / well planned. Lots of technical questions

Graduate Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at IG (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Had 2 telephone interviews with the recruiter - mostly about Java questions (access modifiers, lists, arrays etc.), what IG does, why I'm interested.
    Then got invited to the assessment day. This was fairly well organised and got on really well with the other candidates.
    I got through to the final interview stage and at this point it was made to seem like I had practically secured the job. The interviews went really well and I got on with all of the team leads and HR personnel.
    I then had to wait a number of days, only to find out I had not been made an offer which was very disappointing. Overall, the process was OK, however they do not give you a chance to show your technical skills and that you're the right person for the job. There needs to be 1. more chances to show why they should hire you and 2. more clarity on the reasons if they don't offer you the job.

Interview Questions

• What is your favourite language?   1 Answer

Sales Trader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IG (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

process on line, after 4 weeks got a phone interview, it lasted almost 1 hour, positive feedback, questions about news in the financial market, the questions were on disrder and a lot of jumping, then you will have an online assessment, you have to answer 20 proper numerical problems in very short time .

Operations Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IG.

Interview

1 interview (usually 2, I was lucky), 2 tests - 1 clerical, 1 quick maths. Was with HR and hiring manager. If you get a second interview it's with the head of department. Generic HR questions, e.g. Strengths and weaknesses, proudest achievement, 3 words your manager would use to describe you, projects worked on, characteristics of team mates you like or dislike.

Interview Questions

• What is a spreadbet and can you explain using an example?   Answer Question

Graduate Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IG (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

First round was coding. And the following round was a technical round. The interview process looked very decent to me. They give us 1 question with 60 minutes to solve it. Then in the second round they as us to explain our code. Then it will be followed by a technical interview. Overall it's a good interview.