IGATE Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 8, 2017

2.9

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IGATE (New York, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

The interview was a series of questions with the focus on starting date and money. They refused to share salary range. My interviewer called 30 minutes late without an apology.

Difficult to understand as I had to ask him to repeat a few times. This I believe was considered a negative against me.

Did not ask about the 90% profit decline. Figured that could be addressed at a later date.

Interview Questions

• It was all about my former salary. Little focus on success. Binary interview.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for IGATE

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IGATE (Cincinnati, OH) in October 2013.

Interview

Business process and consulting experience, finance domain knowledge
    Questions on previous clients and global market experience.
    Various tools and Oracle modules awareness,Questions on supply chain and various verticals.
    Technology and innovation aspects, current roles and responsibilities

Interview Questions

• Presales and consulting experience   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at IGATE (Westlake, TX) in August 2012.

Interview

Was contacted by HR from Connecticut. Scheduled the interview on the very same day. Total 2 rounds

Interview Questions

• Round#1
      Discussed about my background, my previous projects, current projects, DB's, some real project scenario with problems and how I will address them, some questions on front end tech and how the optimization will work. Also, gave a case study and asked how I will work.

Round#2
      Got a call from Senior Manager. He asked the same q's as that of round one. Lasted for 35 mins.

After 2 rounds, got a call from HR. Discussed the job band. They offered a lower level than I was currently in. Also, the pay range was below my expectation. HR was not ready to negotiate.   Answer Question

Offered a lower level of job band. Also, salary was below expectation.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IGATE.

Interview

Got hired thru campus placement, just one round of interview, walked thru the CV, and routine questions on background, etc. Not much of grilling, interviewer was nice and very helpful.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at IGATE (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

Interview was for an hour and the interviewer was well versed within the technology area I am working in. Questions were pretty tough and thought provoking, not just mindless questions taken off from some site. Questions involved good working knowledge on the domain and not just theoretical knowledge.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to explain my qualifications and experience and how did these two reconcile.   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at IGATE (Mumbai (India)) in May 2014.

Interview

I received a mail from one of the HRs regarding the position, which matched my present profile perfectly. I got the call from the HR within a week of application for the first round of interview (telephonic), which took place on the immediate next day. The second round of interview (again telephonic) also was conducted within a day's interval at iGate Hyderabad office. Both the interviews went well and there was a final HR round, where I was informed about my selection in the company. Then i was asked to fill up the employment application form and send other documents. Even after sending everything I did not receive any kind communication from the HR for a week. Then I mailed them to inquire about the status of the candidature, and no response ever followed.
    The entire experience with iGate confirmed the floating grapevine regarding the unprofessional attitude of the company and its treatment towards employee and prospects.
    I have a stable job and I work in a huge multinational. Not getting an offer does not hurt me as much as it would impact someone who is looking for a change desperately. Hence, do not bank on iGate, if you are in a dire need.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IGATE (Chennai (India)) in April 2014.

Interview

interview process is not that great, time killing process and too much of back ground verification. some time take need to go police station also. HR process is too low and getting the project allocated is also not that great and need to follow up for everything. Too much of politics in the organization. need to know local language.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IGATE (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2011.

Interview

Not so streamlined, overall the process is bit lengthy. It took more than a month for the process to finish before the offer can be made. Two to three rounds of technical followed by F2F and last round with HR