IGATE Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 10, 2017

2.8

SAP Practice Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at IGATE (Houston, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Technical Discussion, about my project roles and responsibilities
    Organizational setup is always customer-specific
    Use this document as a starting point
    Elaborate a fitting organizational setup for your environment
    Translate your organizational setup into a technical role concept

Interview Questions

• 1. why do we use MT?
      A. we use message type to describe the message which is going to be sent.
      2. Where u use Catch whole queue?
      3. What makes an XI object unique?
      4. what r the adapters that related to sap r/3?
      A. IDoc ,RFC.
      5. what r mapping techniques?
      6. advantges & disadvantages of BPM?
      7. Diference between Adapter & proxies?
      8. What is BS, TS?
      9. How many components have in xi?
      10.What is global container?
      11.How many IE are in XI?
      12.How many functions r in xi?
      13.What is synchronization?where it use?
      14.What is idoc? where it use?
      15.diference between UDF & Advanced UDF?
      16.When we go for File scenario?   Answer Question

1& Second Level Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sweden, ME

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at IGATE (Sweden, ME) in April 2015.

Interview

Mostly a lot of "no brainer" question, so getting to the HR interview is not too hard. Basically these indian HR staff recruiting, selecting and interviewing are so intrinsically focused at "only filling" the vacancy, they are taken by surprise when you ask them what they are offering. Asking what benefits, pension plans, bonuses etc they do not seem to have a clue about. So, they waste your time, while you wait during the screening process to have decent conversation with someone you hope can answer these questions. Earlier contacts defer to answer any of these and let you know HR knows this. Turn them down and save yourself a lot of time. No worth pursuing

Interview Questions

• What would you do if.....no staff other isaround or manager?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IGATE in April 2015.

Interview

Got a call from a staffing agency about a position. Set up an interview with the hiring manager in few days. I can tell you the desi interviewer was the rudest I have ever came across. Absolutely no sense of professionalism in him.

Forget about introduction. He immediately jumped into technical questions. As usual a typical desi interviewer.As usual bookish questions and he will keep digging you until you spit that one term that he wants to hear. He asked me a bunch of bookish questions which I explained, as usual he didn't got satisfied and he became hyper and rude that got my nerves. He kept pushing questions not even allowed me to finish my answer. I was like chill dude this is just an interview not a court legal debate! I got a sense what kind of people run the company. Thanks for not selecting me as I would have also not worked with you anyways!

Interview Questions

• What is polymorphism? Why do we need polymorphism? Why do we need inheritance? What parameters do we check when we convert MATLAB code to C++. Some image processing questions like how to detect the locations of black dots in a white background? what is the most efficient way?   Answer Question

Data Processing Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IGATE (El Paso, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

typing test, previous employer info, Info if you have worked in data entry, must bring previous employer check stubs and diploma to interview, Will hire you usually on the spot because they need a lot of people

Project Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at IGATE (Jersey City, NJ) in February 2015.

Interview

6 rounds of interview including client interview. Very technical and good knowledge sharing session though. Moat are phone interview with technical leads and management. Both technical and personality validations are to be cleared.

Senior .NET Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IGATE (Jersey City, NJ) in February 2015.

Interview

Three rounds of technical interview, one from the client.

This includes one Skype and one Webex interview.

Finally discussion with recruitment manager on the Compensation and benefits.

Offer letter received in 4 days.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IGATE.

Interview

Very easy going, I had 2 interviews one with HR and another with a manager. The HR asked very simple questions such as why Igate, why we should hire you etc. The manager asked about my internship and what i did there

Interview Questions

• Tell how will you convenience your boss who is tough on you.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IGATE.

Interview

The hiring process was pretty simple. It was an on-campus recruitment. they asked about 2 technical questions, which were extremely simple and basic. the interview had a lot of HR questions like what are your strenghts and weakness? why are you the best person for this position? etc. Almost everyone who interviewed got through. Overall the interview process was simple and direct. Nothing to fret about.

Interview Questions

• All questions were direct. No surprises with the questions   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IGATE.

Interview

I was hired by Patni Computer Systems (now owned by IGATE). Hiring process was just like other companies of its kind. First many students were filered out in Written test which was a bit tougher, the qualified students got chance for Technical interview and HR interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was my first job, I did not negotiate.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IGATE (Houston, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

2 Interviews on Campus. Applied on career site, had information session before the interview wit staff and then an interview day. they take about a month to inform you of the offer or rejection decision.