IGATE Interview Questions in Mumbai, India | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 10, 2017

2.7

91 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IGATE (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

Two Technical Round of interview followed by One HR Round, Basic question was asked based on project and technologies used. In my case it is C/C++ and Linux. In Second round manager will check your confidence, how you will interact with customer, if you have to lead the team how will you do that etc.

Interview Questions

• Question was based on C/C++ and Linux.   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Airoli (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IGATE (Airoli (India)) in April 2017.

Interview

Extremely Unprofessional organisation. It all started a month ago. I've given 2 technical round and 1 HR round. By the end of the rounds I was been asked I'm selected and needs to send them all the required documents. The whole process went under negotiation on my salary, during this I was asked every time how soon I can join. I was ready to join them as soon as I'll be back from the north(vacation). During my travel also they were calling me and doing all these stuff. 2 weeks had already gone and not a single progress. They sent me LOI and after all the failure attempts of negotiation when I accepted the offer. They told me the offer approval is in under hold by management and they ill approve it. During this, every time I used to call them either HR was on leave or the recruitment person or some stupid reason to disappoint me. The HR once calls me(after I send them mail), tells me management will let them whether they want to go ahead with internal utilisation or external resource, but I feel they should approve it. I mean do you guys hear what you say. On what factor do you'll even conduct recruitment. A month had on this complete process, Meanwhile the recruitment guy who always sounds dumb and has no clue about the activities happening in company tells me "I don't know what is happening, but management has kept your profile again on hold", a day before he was asking me if you can join next week itself. I said "yes". In another 10 mins he calls me and gives me the world's most believable excuse (sarcastic) "I just spoke to HR, she told me management has a few minutes back rolled out a message throughout India, that all the offers which are on hold / over budget should be taken down, which means we cannot release your offer.". At least find better excuses than those kiddish ones. You know hoe insensible you're making your management sound to others.

IGATE or Capgemini whoever you're, really either get your roots stronger or stop being fake. You guys playing with job seekers expectations. If you guys never wanted to recruit then on what grounds you'll even interview people. If you'll couldn't afford someone tell people you are poor company and cannot give that much. The most unprofessional organisation I ever came across.

I will never refer it to anyone.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IGATE (Mumbai (India)) in February 2016.

Interview

Had to give an aptitude test. After clearing it had a technical interview and HR interview. Aptitude was a little tricky. After that the other interviews were quite easy. Basics of programming were asked along with the final year project. In the HR interview salary and bond details were discussed.

Interview Questions

• Tell about the final year project during my engineering?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IGATE (Mumbai (India)) in February 2016.

Interview

There are 3 rounds of Interview :

1st round is purely technical
    2nd round is project specific ( on projects you worked)
    3rd round is HR round

1st and 3rd round were telephonic ...2nd was Face to Face

Difficulty level was average and the whole process took around 2 months of time

Interview Questions

• I am SAP basis consultant..and I was asked to explain the full upgrade process   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Application

Interview

Simple process
    Easy apti with high cutoff
    Hr interview
    Formalities
    They said i was selected.. Sent me a confrmation mail... I replied with yes..
    Still did not sent mw.offer letter
    This happened with 2 more of my Friends
    And later on i got to knw they had put everyone on testing..
    Very disappointing.

Interview Questions

• What will you do if your team members are not cooperative?   1 Answer

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

Interview

I applied through the reference,The process took one day.There were three rounds.First round was aptitude.Aptitude was very easy.
    i cleared it and qualified for second round,
    Second round was Technical Interview.Interviewer was very friendly he just asked me about my last year project not a single technical question he asked me.but be ready with any kind of technical question as it is a technical interview we should prepare for it.
    Third round was HR.Be perfect with your resume.Whatever u have mentioned in your resume should be correct.Be sure with your strengths and weaknesses.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Airoli (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IGATE (Airoli (India)) in November 2015.

Interview

I was select for an apptitude test by applying on through their job portal.The interview process was good also the people over there were helpful.The Aptitude round was quiet simple but the 20 verbal question was bit dangerous and other 30 question was too simple that if you could practise through R S Agrawal book then too you will able to get the answers.Solving aptitude questions need a practice because a then time duration was less with respect to the number of question...
    50 Question 60 minute i think it takes more time for marking the ORM sheet.

Interview Questions

• Question was based on paragraph,code and other questions,also consist of Quatitative questions of problem on Age,numbers,work,speed distance and time   1 Answer

Software Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IGATE (Mumbai (India)) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IGATE (Navi Mumbai) in Nov 2015.
    Attended interview asusual first round was aptitude then Technical and then HR. aptitude was very easy compared to other companies test .20 from english,20 from quant and 20 from logical reasoning. There were around 700 students ,out of which they filtered only 37 students. this was the main filteration. later it was technical. As i was from it background he went with basics of java SQL.

Technical Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IGATE (Mumbai (India)) in October 2015.

Interview

1 Technical Rounds than managarial and HR Round. It was an average interview with not much difficult questions. Technical was Telephonic .Managerial and HR were face to face.The whole process was last for 3-4 hours . Offer process took some amount of time.

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at IGATE (Mumbai (India)) in October 2015.

Interview

Interview consist of two phases 1)HR 2)Technical.
    Both HR and technical were on same day. After giving HR you are allow to give Technical round.
    HR interview was easy and consist of basic HR questions.They check your willingness to get the job.
    I am final year student of computer engineering.So it was campus placement.My technical interview was entirely based on my final year project.They asked me complete mechanism of my project.
    what i have experienced about this interview is the HR round was easy but technical round quite difficult. But overall experience was nice and i am happy as i got selected.

Interview Questions

• HR questions:

Tell me about yourself.
      Tell me your strengths and give me example which shows your strengths.
      What is your aim
      where you see yourself after 5 years.

Technical Questions:
      Questions related to final year project.
      project mechanism